[Linked Image]

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hello
I feel that the Prefect hand gun right out of the box was a Pre-War S&W K-22 Outdoorsman revolver, Here is one that shipped in 1936. But, Then again the Early Post-War K-22's were just as perfect. Here is one that shipped in Early 1947 that has a Low four digit serial number and is what they call a Transitional K-22 due to it's Pre-War style Mushroom shaped cylinder extractor end...TheGeneral

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Yeah, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death ,... I Shall Fear no Evil, as I Always have with me Me my Loaded Smith & Wesson "..
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Originally Posted by JJHACK
Is it a surprise to anyone else that most listed in this thread are revolvers?
Revolvers are just magnificent...I mean the good ones.

+1
Yes they are.
For me the good ones are the old S&W's

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You know, the new ones aren't nearly as pretty as the old ones, but they are made well and with MIM internals, the actions are smoother than they've been since before the war.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You know, the new ones aren't nearly as pretty as the old ones, but they are made well and with MIM internals, the actions are smoother than they've been since before the war.

Hello Kevin
I can't agreee with you on a newer one having a smoother action than my Pre-War Registered Magnum. Nothing can compared to the smooth silky action of a Registered Magnum These were hand made, hand assembled and Hand Tuned before they left the factory. This one breaks clean at just under two Pound's of Trigger Pull with Zero Creep.This one left the Factory on December 13, 1935 and is one of only 720 Made the very first year of the Registered Magnum's. To see it up close simply click on it. Regards, TheGeneral

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Yeah, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death ,... I Shall Fear no Evil, as I Always have with me Me my Loaded Smith & Wesson "..
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
General Stuart,

You have some AMAZING gorgeous Smith and Wesson revolvers, sir! The Registered Magnum is, of the guns you have showed here, my absolute favorite. That one would have to be wonderously fun to shoot and play with.

The blueing on yours is reminiscent of the Colt Pythons of later years, and Weatherby Deluxe and Lazermarks of even now. Dark and shiny and DEEP like the bluing on a gun OUGHT to be! I don't know how or especially why the gun co's ever got away from that! So many guns were sold back them on aesthetic appeal. I remember looking at the Pythons of even the early 70's compared to the other revolvers and the difference was stunning and clear. I still think that Smith and Wesson and others would sell more guns if they looked more like the ones you have been displaying here. I have about had my FILL of 'matte' (read LAZILY and poorly!) finished guns of recent days!

OH, to again be able to again walk into a gun shop and see guns of that class, finish, caliber and style, blued like these guns of yours again, and the smell of Hoppes #9 and Gunslick gun oil in the air..... sigh....

On my last trip to South Central California, I looked for the Weatherby factory store to try to get a fix for this experience, and to my dismay I found NO SUCH STORE in their new hometown (then) of San Luis Obispo Calif....

Anyone here know where to go to re create the experience I am speaking of? Maybe the Montana Rifle co? Dakota Rifles? I feel a road trip coming on if I knew of such a place.

This thread has me thinking about sending of my 'tactical' 10mm 1911 off to someone who can do the olde time deep dark blueing and adding perhaps some real ivory grips to it.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by generalstuart

Hello Kevin
I can't agreee with you on a newer one having a smoother action than my Pre-War Registered Magnum. Nothing can compared to the smooth silky action of a Registered Magnum These were hand made, hand assembled and Hand Tuned before they left the factory. This one breaks clean at just under two Pound's of Trigger Pull with Zero Creep.This one left the Factory on December 13, 1935 and is one of only 720 Made the very first year of the Registered Magnum's. To see it up close simply click on it. Regards, TheGeneral

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

No, no, no...I said smoothest SINCE... Not smoother than; big difference. No out of the box DA revolver has ever had a better out of the box DA action than a Registered Magnum.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They are smoother than a 1950's Python? I have never handled one, so I cannot say. This is a genuine question. I did not think metal on metal could GET any smoother than an older Python.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Another one that has a trigger that has to be felt to be believed is the S&W 52, the bluing is very close to the old Colt blue. I bought mine used, so it did not qualify as "out of the box".

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by safariman
They are smoother than a 1950's Python? I have never handled one, so I cannot say. This is a genuine question. I did not think metal on metal could GET any smoother than an older Python.
Yes they are.

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by generalstuart

Hello Kevin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Wow, sir. That's the classiest thing I've seen in a while. Just beautiful. 1935. Wow.

What's the one in your avatar? Is it even better? Couldn't be. Wow.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For me, most K frame Smiths.

Expat

"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men." - Robert Heinlein
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
In response to this thread, I took the Custom Shop Python out last night and squeezed the trigger a few times. It is as close to perfect as I'll ever attain on this earth.

It's going to the range with me next time.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Generalstuart, I'd give my left nut for your registered magnum! (I'm married so I don't need it anymore but I do have to get it out of my wife's purse.) I handled one in my lifetime and it is one of my grail guns.

My vote, to get back on subject:

Revolver---Colt Diamondback (fits my hands the best)
Colt Python

Auto---Glock 35

Coltfan

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Walker6
Wow, sir. That's the classiest thing I've seen in a while. Just beautiful. 1935. Wow.

What's the one in your avatar? Is it even better? Couldn't be. Wow

Hello Walker6
Yes that is the one in my Avatar wearing a set of Original Walter Roper custom shooting stock's from the same time span. Here are some better close up Picture's of the Walter Roper stock's for your viewing pleasure. Regards, TheGeneral

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Dan Wesson Guardian 45ACP and Freedom Arms 83 6" 454

Wouldn't change a thing! PERFECTION!

Semper Fi

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N

I don't tinker/modify them like some on here. For me, if it works properly and I can find ammo that shoots well in it, I'll keep it. Otherwise it will go down the road.

Last two have stayed, S&W 637 and MP9C.

It's good to lead - it's better to lead by example.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
That Smith has to be one of thee finest looking revolvers ever. And I am a colt fan.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Yep, a thing of beauty. Thanks General.

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The perfect handgun, right out of the box!!!

That's easy:

[Linked Image]

DMc

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1234, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 55 invisible), 2,459 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,073
Posts18,482,653
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.