Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Outlaw Pat,
<br>
<br>First of all, Welcome to the Big Show!
<br>
<br>I don't hunt out of enclosed shooting houses so I shouldn't have a problem with my extra length. I mostly hunt out of climbing treestands and ground blinds with a Bipod. One of my favorite methods is to ease over a hill and set up shop with my back to a Pine tree. Plenty of elbow room.
<br>
<br>Tell us a little more about your Charlie Sisk rifle. I bet she's a nice'un!

James

But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines, the commandments of men. Mt 15:9
HR IC

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Cheaha
<br>
<br>Thanks for the welcome,
<br>
<br>I have two rifles from Charlie. A control feed Mod 70 in .300 Wby and a push feed Mod 70 in .338 Win. Both are nice. The Wby is in a HS Precision stock and the .338 is in a Brown Precision, I think.
<br>Have 4.5-14x 30mm Leica on the .300 and 4.5-14 Conquest on the .338. Both are good using rifles. Both are coated, moly or teflon I don't know. Both have brakes.
<br>The .338 will shoot a Hornady 200 gr spit into about .75" at 100yds at about 2900 fps. The .300 is about 3200 with a 180 gr. and about the same group.
<br> I was over at Charlie's this past Sunday and was discussing the 8mm Rem Mag/.366 conversion. Will probably have this accomplished this spring.
<br> Where I hunt in Texas is over pine plantation clearcuts, after a year or two they become inpenetrable mass(to all humans) of low vegetation. My "stand" is a four foot square box on a tower. It is thirty feet to the floor. Does not leave much room for error on the entrance or exit.
<br>

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hopefully, I'll be posting a picture soon of my newly painted masterpiece once I get the stock back from Rick. He says it came out awesome and warned me never to send it to him again, if I ever wanted to see it again (grin).
<br>
<br>
<br>Rick, PLEASE send it back HOOOOOME!
<br>
<br>Anxious to see how the tan w/ black webbing looks with a stainless action and barrel.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh goodness!! I have a fairly plain ugly .338 that is in need..
<br>
<br>Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Muley-
<br>
<br>I talked to Rick yesterday about getting another stock and the poor guy was almost in tears with the thought of giving you back your stock. Make sure he insures it when mailing, it just might get lost in transit.
<br>
<br>I got the tan with black webbing too and it is SWEEET!

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Outlaw Pat,
<br>
<br>I'm green with envy! Charlie is a top notch 'smith!
<br>
<br>I used a 338 win mag for years on whitetails and the Nosler 200gr BT was/is THE bullet for me. Every deer I ever shot dropped at the shot,no matter the shot placement.
<br>
<br>I've killed 8 bucks with my 338 Ultra and even at that increased velocity,the 200gr BT still exits and drops them in there tracks. I was getting 3050 to 3100 fps out of my 26" barreled winmag(depending on powder lot #'s) and am getting 3350+fps out of my Ultra.
<br>
<br>I hear you on the "impenetrable mass" vegetation! Down here in the" Humidity Belt" everything is green and thick. If you have to track something with a light blood trail,you've got a tough job on your hands.
<br>
<br>I got a picture of a Stand you might like. Let me see if I can find it.[Linked Image]

James

But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines, the commandments of men. Mt 15:9
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rabid,
<br>
<br>You "need" to send your 338 stock off to RickBin and let him do that voodoo that he do so well.
<br>
<br>Muley and Spike,
<br>
<br>I need some pictures of those stocks !!!!!!!!!!!!!![Linked Image]

James

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The best looking stock on the planet!?!?!Now I KNOW your eyes are bad.
<br>
<br>[Linked Image]

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
<br>
<br>I'm a cultured son of a gun!!!

James

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cheaha
<br>
<br>I may have too..I like green and black and would like a littlemore texture on it...
<br>
<br>Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Outlaw Pat,
<br>
<br>Our shooting houses in Alabama are a little bigger than 4 foot square. How you like this Bama stand????
<br>
<br>[Linked Image]

James

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cultured!?!HA!!I knew some of that southern inbreeding would show up in one of your posts eventualy.
<br>
<br>[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
<br>
<br>BTW,I've got friends who live in trailers smaller than your stand.
<br>
<br>The toilet in your stand probibly works better than theirs too. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
<br>
<br>WB.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Drool ! NICE musket, Spike. E

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Ya know, Stick, i think i'm going to have to do one of those swirl patterns. Man, those are attention getters. E

Last edited by Eremicus; 08/14/02.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
E,
<br>
<br>The hard part about swirls,is chooing ONE. I side with you,they are much to my liking also. The black/white swirl,complimented with an all S/S barreled action and matte black base,rings and scope is my favorite.
<br>
<br>It looks pretty snazzy,to my eye............
<br>
<br>

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah, I need one of every color combo so I can make my mind up,which one I like best. The Black/White swirl does look pretty snazzy. Of course the Grey/White swirl looks sharp as well and the..........[Linked Image]

James

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
cheaha
<br>
<br>That has me topped! I'll shutup now. I would like to have seen the thing erected. From a distance.
<br>
<br>Pat

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (160user, 1minute, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 64 invisible), 2,356 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,179
Posts18,503,250
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.