Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Those are some good looking redheads right there. One of my favorite hunts of all time was down there just south of Port Aransas.

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." ~ Aldo Leopold
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
Originally Posted by quackaddict
Garbage ducks, huh? I'll take a limit of widgeon, gadwall, teal, etc. over a limit of stupid park ducks any day. Mallard pursits make me giggle.

[Linked Image]

Doubtful you've hunted late season Midwest mallards,,that makes me giggle..

Or want to really work... try em down in TX after everyone has shown em everything and shot at em all the way from Alaska on down... January birds here ain't nothing to thumb. They are educated beyond belief by the time it gets cold enough for us to have a crack at em.

And to think that often while moose hunting in the fall in AK, we walk right by teal easy shotgun range, 20 yards or so that just stare at us... I usually tell em to get ready though, they are about to be educated shortly.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I lived in and hunted Texas for a year. Hunted around College Station and Corpus. I would move to Corpus in a heartbeat. If you are an outdoorsman, you can stay more than busy down there year-round. I miss it.

Some trash ducks have shown up down here as of late grin

[Linked Image]

Last edited by quackaddict; 11/18/13.

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." ~ Aldo Leopold
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Dude....!
Your pic shows alot of bad things.
First, dog is in the water already.
Second you appear to be shooting while dog is out there.
Someone shoots while my dog is on a sent retrieve out in front, Im whoopin someone's ass.
That is one thing that will cause one to never get invited again after they recoup.
Dog should still be sitting while shooting is going on. Dog should be sent to retrieve only when shooting is done.

Safety!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Who cares, it's his dog and his hunt.

We train our dogs on delayed doubles or another bird shot while making a retrieve, it was even part of the AWS Hunt Test.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
will for one thing its not me, its the dogs owner and no one shot because the dog broke early.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Love hunting around Corpus. I wish I could move down there. One of my favorite places ever.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Okay.
That's why I said appears.
And yes erich, I am aware of training. There is that distraction shot in akc and ukc hunt tests.
MY rule is dog is sent after the shot, and cripples dispatched.
Im sure you wouldnt want your child out changing a target and others start shooting on the range, right?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
and widgeons are very pretty birds.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
that pic is so full of FAIL

To play the game, you first gotta have game. - Ike Turner

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I am looking at it again, and the gun is up and there is a long wake in the water from the dog.............
Nope.
Not my dog.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd be willing to bet that dog is about 6 jumps from the shore. I'd also be willing to bet that it took him all of 1.3 seconds to get that far. I know how quick my dog can cover that amount of ground, and it would take about the same amount of time as it does me to mount my gun and pull it back down. He said nobody shot. Does the picture look bad? Sure it does. Do you "holier than thou" folks need to bust his ass over something that you didn't witness first hand? Probably not.

If I remember right, Trap is your first dog...hunt with a dog for longer than a couple of years, and something like this is going to happen at least once.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
well no matter how many times you look at doesnt change the fact that Geoff didn't shoot when he realized hunni had broke and was going after a duck one of the other guys on the other side of him had shot, everyone stopped when she ran out there. she was kept on a tether the rest of the hunt.

i should have some pics with some of the duck dynasty guys when they come down to hunt with Geoff after the split.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by quackaddict
Love hunting around Corpus. I wish I could move down there. One of my favorite places ever.
don't think i could live anywhere else.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I keep hoping that we'll just win the lottery so I can move down there and fish and hunt 12mo out of the year...I guess I need to start playing so we can have a chance at winning.

I lived in College Station for a year and got to hunt down there with a good friend a few times. Hunted the mighty Mission, Shamrock cove area, and a few other places. Never got to go fish down there like I planned though. We moved out to NM before I had a chance to.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
these pictures are on a spoil island in nighthawk. yup docrocket and kamo kari are coming down in jan for a cast and blast, we will be hunting/fishing down in the landcut for ducks, whitetail nilgai and fish.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Thinking the Bianco...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (160user, 12savage, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 58 invisible), 2,781 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,314
Posts18,505,620
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.