Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I have been watching "22 LR ammo" on Gunbroker since the insanity started back in December of last year. It is apparent the price is coming down, very slowly but coming down. Walmart ammo now is at about 8-9 cents a round, down from 15-20 at the height of the madness, with plenty of "no sale" at 10 cents a round, along with the scalpers now peddling by the case instead of by the box, trying to get rid of their bundle before the bubble totally bursts. A light at the end of the tunnel, or a train coming at us? grin

[Linked Image]
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
hope the bubble bursts hard on them.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
i hope they lose their asses on the hoarding and scalping

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jan. or Feb. we picked up four 550 bricks for $17.99 from a local store. Month or so ago could have bought 15 or 20 Remington Thunderbolt bricks for $23.99 at Sportsman's Warehouse, Couple of weeks ago 8 or 10 CCI hundred packs at Wally's, and CCI Stingers local last week for $5.99 for fifty,
(limit two).
Watch local, it is available now and then and becoming more so. Shelves look fuller every time I look lately, admittedly nearly all centerfire, but did see a shelf full of 17 HMR same time as the Stingers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can't be. I've read on here the government is intercepting all the shipments and stockpiling it at FEMA camps.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Can't be. I've read on here the government is intercepting all the shipments and stockpiling it at FEMA camps.

Yep, in basements and attics nation wide.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
GB & the Idiots that sell .22lr there can GFT...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hope all the scalpers take it in the shorts. They still line up here at 5:00am to get what Wally puts on the shelf. I asked the clerk why they don't just tell them people to f#ck off? Not like they are going to loose a real customer, just the sleeze bags that are reselling on GB or guns shows. Only got a shrugged shoulder and smirk reply.

Bottom line, you only get scalped if you pull out your wallet. If they had no demand, they would have to stuff it up their arse.

Sean
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

The problem, as I see it, is not so much the sellers, it is the blithering idiots who actually pay the price. As long as knuckleheads keep paying scalpers prices, the price will be set by the scalpers. frown

[Linked Image]
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jnyork

The problem, as I see it, is not so much the sellers, it is the blithering idiots who actually pay the price. As long as knuckleheads keep paying scalpers prices, the price will be set by the scalpers. frown

BINGO!

Nothing is ever worth a dime more than what some one is willing pay for it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by bea175
i hope they lose their asses on the hoarding and scalping

Don't worry, they will.

Those of us who are patient will find some great deals when it bursts.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Hope it's coming back to normal. When it does, I am planning some MAJOR range days!!! Gonna invite friends, have parties.....

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Me too. I'd like a nice 22 pistol and will get more for ammo for it.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
This should teach a lot of people a lesson but most will forget pretty quick. As it stands, ARs and mags are as cheap as you could hope for so anyone that doesn't purchase one (or more) now, shame on you later. The price for 22lr will come down and you should stock up on a consistent basis (along with rifle/pistol ammo) so you have enough for you and your family to plink until your fingers are raw from loading mags.

The problem is, most (liberal-at-heart) gun owners will buy a 4-5 bricks of 22lr along with some rifle/pistol ammo as soon as its available and then turn around and shoot most/all of it as time goes by without replenishing their supply. They'll also be the same ones crying a river when the next dry spell comes along and complaining about all the hoarders/scalpers. These prices are ridiculous but haven't been an issue for anyone with any degree of foresight IME.

I was in my 20s when the first AWB went though and that was a major eye-opener as to what may/may not be available down the road. Those that don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it which gets pretty expensive and/or painful - also IME. I've done my share of learning the hard way on a lot of things but am getting better as I get older. I hope others are as well so they don't have to pay for their stupidity - again.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Ever since the Janet Reno primer fiasco, I have tried to keep enough components and .22 ammo on hand to last me for what I might reasonably expect to be the rest of my life. I am now 73 and only have enough to last maybe another 3 years or so, hope that isn't telling me something. eek

Last edited by jnyork; 12/01/13.

[Linked Image]
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by jnyork
Ever since the Janet Reno primer fiasco, I have tried to keep enough components and .22 ammo on hand to last me for what I might reasonably expect to be the rest of my life. I am now 73 and only have enough to last maybe another 3 years or so, hope that isn't telling me something. eek

laugh

I'm not sure what that'd be tellin' ya but I do know you're still doing way better than most guys 1/2 your age!! wink

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
One of the dealers at a local gunshow who has traditionally been an ammo broker has quite advertising .22lr ammo altogether. He has dealers in Cali as well as a customer list that has been buying every round of .22lr he has been able to get. He has raised his prices substancially but it made no difference.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

You must be a fun person to shop with. Is GB supposed to put a limit on how much profit a person can make? Does that apply to everything sold on GB? I have no problem with someone asking a ridiculous price if there is someone will to pay it. Ever insist that someone pay less than they were offering for your house or truck?

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland

You must be a fun person to shop with. Is GB supposed to put a limit on how much profit a person can make? Does that apply to everything sold on GB? I have no problem with someone asking a ridiculous price if there is someone will to pay it. Ever insist that someone pay less than they were offering for your house or truck?

Actually, that was misdirected a bit. Not anything against GB, but places like Cheaper than Dirt that have capitalized and gouged during the shortage caused in large part by insiders selling their .22lr on GB.

Those that pay that type price are culpable as well for the extended shortage of rimfire.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

115 members (300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 16 invisible), 1,559 guests, and 938 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,719
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.