Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
I know I needed this reminder, since Sears isn't always my first choice. It's amazing when you think of how long the war has lasted and Sears hasn't withdrawn from their commitment. Could we each buy at least one thing at Sears this year?

What commitment you say?

How does Sears treat its employees who are serving in our military? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being on active duty.

Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all employees who are serving.

I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution. I suggest we all shop at Sears at least once this year. Be sure to find a manager to tell them why you are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement & feedback it well deserves.

Pass it on.

I decided to check this before I sent it forward. So I sent the following e-mail to the Sears Customer Service Department:

I received this e-mail and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your company. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of another store for a like item, even if it's cheaper at that store.

This is their answer to my e-mail:

Dear Customer: Thank you for contacting Sears. The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback. Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our men and women can make. This is the "least" we can do for them. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.

Bill Thorn Sears Customer Care

Please pass this on. Sears needs to be recognized for this outstanding contribution and we need to show them as Americans, we do appreciate what they are doing for our Military!

Verified By: http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/sears.asp

"......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
GB1

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
OK.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
interesting.

LOL
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
They'd get more of my support if they started selling guns again and dropped the 29% interest on their cards.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Great to hear that. $500 for gift cards coming their way.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
So, you support the military and zero the hero? Well, 50% is a start.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Last edited by eyeball; 12/06/13.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by eyeball
Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Copy cat.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
Great to hear that. $500 for gift cards coming their way.

Tell that to the 22 year old US soldier being tortured by the Taliban every day while your hero the zero released 5 GITMO terrorists as an indicator of good faith.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I went to that esgr.mil website looking for a list of other companies but didn't find a list. Like to know of other cos. doing the same.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I'd like to know what other hero would trade to the Taliban five of their men for nothing while they kept and tortured one of our men.

Please tell me he's doing the best he can.

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Eyeball you and 44mag muck up OPs when it isn't called for.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Your hero is mucking up the greatest country in the history of humankind with help by folks like you, sac, when it isn't called for ( I am sorry to say, sac).

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Ummm, you can support the troops and not the POS in the whitehouse. Not every thing has to be political.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
SOLDIERS: OBAMA'S RULES OF ENGAGEMENT COSTING U.S. LIVES IN AFGHANISTAN

Email Article
Print article
Send a Tip
by AWR HAWKINS 28 Oct 2012 16 POST A COMMENT
The rules of engagement (ROEs) governing a U.S. soldier's response to enemy fighters in Afghanistan has made that country more dangerous for U.S. soldiers under the Obama administration.
I was recently able to discuss this with members of a Cavalry Scout Platoon that was on the ground near Camp Wright in Kunar Province, Afghanistan.
They gave me numerous examples of how the ROEs by which they must abide not only make their jobs harder, but put their lives at increased and unnecessary risk:
During the Bush administration, we were able to engage terrorists planting IEDs with greater ease. Now, if we see two guys on the side of the road and it looks like they're planting an IED, we are told to wait -- because they might be farmers.
It's like our goal is to kill them with kindness. We're going to win Afghans over with money, clinics, roads, etc., instead of winning their confidence by killing the Taliban or the Hezb-i-Islami Gulbuddin (HIG).
I asked for a couple of examples of the worst of the worst regarding current ROEs, and here's what I was told:
We have certain counter-insurgency (COIN) techniques that support the Afghan population by removing the terrorists from their midst. COIN involves clearing the enemy out, keeping the enemy out, and helping the people get on their feet once the threat is removed (clear, hold, develop).
However, under the current ROEs, while we hold the area we've cleared, redlines are set beyond which we can't venture. This creates a perimeter beyond which the enemy remains untouchable.
The enemy literally sits outside those lines and waits for us leave so they can move back in.
Another problem is that once we've cleared a place, we only hold it for a short time before we move on to the next place in order to show "progress." The bad news is that this "progress" might look good on paper, but it doesn't involve the aggressive killing of the enemy which is necessary if COIN is to be carried out the way it was designed.
The members of the Calvary Scout Platoon provided one other breath-taking example of how the current ROEs literally put our troops at the mercy of the enemy:
In country, we have Escalation of Force Kits. These keep people away in a non-lethal manner. To do that, they used to contain "KEEP BACK" signs we'd put on our trucks during a convoy and the kits also had small flares we could fire. These things were taken away and instead we were told to drive with the same courtesy we would use if driving in the U.S.
That means if cars get backed up behind us, we are to pull over and let them pass.
This takes our buffer -- our zone of safety -- completely away. Because once we pull over, the cars get to pass right up against us and that opens the door for suicide bombers, suicide bombs, and gun fire.
We allow people to get so close to our vehicles that we have no time to react should they try to do something.
As we continued to talk, one of the members said: "Joe Biden said he'd flown over Kunar Province like that was something big. The men on the ground were getting shot at while Biden was flying over."

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yes Joel, you can go out and feed the baby deer in winter too, as you work to prevent varmint calling contests, and claim you are for the fawns, and the coyotes.

Hundreds of US troops have been killed in Afghanistan since zero and his lawyers have changed the rules of engagement, so lets support sending the survivors a Christmas cake, to soothe our guilty conscience, ok.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Huh? So your saying that if you support the troops your an automatic Kenyan supporter. Am I reading that right?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
Eyeball you and 44mag muck up OPs when it isn't called for.

Actually I left you alone on this one because what you wanted to do was commendable and for once you said something that wasn't incredibly stupid.

Last edited by 12344mag; 12/06/13.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I don't have a guilty conscience, I served 9 years for my beloved corps. I don't know if you ever served but if you did you would know that the boots do not get to make political decisions. They are told where to go, I'll guarantee you just about every body that has served over there wish to god they never had to go. Not there call.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Was your post for me Joel?

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
No, it was for eyeball.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (1234, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 2500HD, 22250rem, 57 invisible), 3,274 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,707
Posts18,534,814
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.