Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by Mauser_Hunter
You have to get closer to the mountains. I live in Buena Vista, and the population hasn't changed in the last 10 years. Nice little town with no crime to speak of. Close to good hunting and fishing.

Buena is nice. I stay just north in Clear Creek occasionally for work.

I could live there, but I doubt it has what the OP is after.

That's true. I wasn't suggesting he come here. This is a nice town to live in if you're retired.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
There's better choices than the springs.

[Linked Image]

Better than the "springs" or the UK?

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

[Linked Image]

LMAO!

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

[Linked Image]

I said it wasn't in the US. I have no idea why it was in the Colorado Springs pictures. I just grabbed the first one.

Maybe because the traffic is the same.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Thanks for the input guys. I'm going to be patient and watch the housing market for a bit. I'll be down next fall to look things over, and I'm sure I'll be looking at most of the towns mentioned on this thread.

I'd love to go to MT, but hunting isn't the reason for the move. I added up all the time I'll be in AK, and I'll still be an AK resident.

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

[Linked Image]

I said it wasn't in the US. I have no idea why it was in the Colorado Springs pictures. I just grabbed the first one.

Maybe because the traffic is the same.

Just flapping gums as usual? Kind of silly offering advice that is useless...at best...

Turn me loose, set me free, somewhere in the middle of Montana!
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The point was that the Springs has tons of traffic Tipover. The advice was sound, but the picture came from where it didn't belong. I went on to explain in another post that it was the wrong picture, but a picture of the springs would look the same gridlock.

I've been to the Springs many times, and the traffic sucked. that was my advice.

What have you contributed to the thread besides your usual childish trolling?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I've been to the Springs many times, and the traffic sucked.

On par with Los Anchorage, except I-25 works soooo much better than Seward Highway as the primary arterial.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I don't find the traffic down here to be any worse than running from Eagle River to Anchorage or back during rush hour.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
This is the Springs. I'm not sure how the last picture got mixed in with the Springs pictures.

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is the Springs. I'm not sure how the last picture got mixed in with the Springs pictures.

[Linked Image]
Doesn't look near as bad as the last time I drove through there about 4:30 in the afternoon...

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Calvin
Thanks for the input guys. I'm going to be patient and watch the housing market for a bit. I'll be down next fall to look things over, and I'm sure I'll be looking at most of the towns mentioned on this thread.

I'd love to go to MT, but hunting isn't the reason for the move. I added up all the time I'll be in AK, and I'll still be an AK resident.

What about a different area in AK?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I was a truck driver in the LA area for 25 years. I never want to see traffic again. That's why I picked a small town to retire to.

It has to be a real good reason for me to go anywhere there's traffic.

C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by bearstalker
Originally Posted by Calvin

What about a different area in AK?

Not too interested in other areas of AK. Being able to drive to grandparents, buy a house with cash, 30% lower cost of living, drivable access to the western states for outdoor pursuits, etc put a place like colorado high on the list.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Say it isn't so? You're going to be neighbors with Jim Dobson's clan? Wow, that would be cool. Anyway, best wishes on the move to the Lower-48. There's a ton of places to chose from, out West. Colorado might be best, though, since it's centrally located for hunting anywhere west of the Mississippi.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Beats hanging out with Ted Haggard...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Brad
Beats hanging out with Ted Haggard...

Yeah, the Dobson's are actually cool people. Very outdoorsy, too.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dobson's ministry is a voice of sanity in America as well. Lot's of great Christian people in Colo Springs, including the folks at New Life Church, Haggard's old digs.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Traffic in Anchorage? That has to be a joke, if you want to see traffic, try driving through Seattle or worse yet, Boston. crazy

Alaska traffic is a piece of cake compared to any city in the lower 48.

Calvin, have you thought about or considered Boise? I spent 3 years in Idaho and loved it, if I didn't have the love for Alaska i'd move back there in a heartbeat.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
LOL..I just noticed something. That picture said it was the Springs. Look at it. I'm surprised nobody said anything.

When i've had to go to the springs i've run into that kind of traffic, so I guess the picture shows what i'm talking about, but that picture isn't even in the US. smile

I just now noticed it and after the usual wtf , I was gettin' ready to reply

ny rich, soon to be in CO

"Only Accurate Rifles are Interesting" (Colonel Townsend Whelen)
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1234, 58 invisible), 2,279 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,391
Posts18,488,706
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.