Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Some rookies might think so. Why are you making such a big deal out of it?

I called an easy hunt easy. Sue me.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Some rookies might think so? I doubt it. With all the information available, I seriously doubt it.

I'm not making a big deal out of what you said about the hunt, but I do object to the part where you called Scenarshooter an assclown.

He's one of the most (if not the most) experienced western hunters on this site, and it takes a lot for him to call someone out. Only an assclown would call him an assclown.

On these kinds of threads, the only good response to the OP is normally "congratulations." Some people never learn to just zip it, I guess.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gonzaga
The best investment I've bought is a GPS and a chip of the nm state lands

We had some hunters come in to the visitor center who told us they couldn't access Laughlin Peak, have you been up there?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by smokepole
Some rookies might think so? I doubt it. With all the information available, I seriously doubt it.

I'm not making a big deal out of what you said about the hunt, but I do object to the part where you called Scenarshooter an assclown.

He's one of the most (if not the most) experienced western hunters on this site, and it takes a lot for him to call someone out. Only an assclown would call him an assclown.

On these kinds of threads, the only good response to the OP is normally "congratulations." Some people never learn to just zip it, I guess.

I don't accept being called a tool. Not from anybody. As usual. You just like to start shi-t.

This forum is going on my delete list of too many jerks on it.

Cya....

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Good. There are a handful of guys on here who really know their stuff and are worth paying attention to. Scenar is one of them.

And if the toolbox fits, wear it.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

S
Soft7 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S

Last edited by bakersboas; 12/22/13.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
agreed, public land hunting is a hell of a lot harder when you are on your own and have no clue where the elk are. I personally have only shot 2 elk in colorado on public land. I've been hunting for 18 years.

New Mexico I favor a lot higher up on the better states to hunt.

Congrats on the harvests! I dont believe anyone meant to be little your hunt, some just were making the point that hunting pubic is a hell of a lot harder, especially when you have 200-600 more hunters in the same area with you! LOL

S
Soft7 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I agree hunting on public land is harder. I could not imagine quartering those elk and hiking them for miles. I would probably still be in the hospital hooked up to the iv.

Either way, hunting is about timing, luck and skill all into one. The EASY way is going to the grocery store and not go on private or public land and using the money from the tags to buy beef wink

I appreciate all of your comments. I am a rookie here on the forum I often come out here to read up on certain topics. This forum is loaded with a lot of tips, knowledge, and skilled hunters. Thanks for those that contribute.

Robert

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A good class act response to the extra activity in this thread.

Congrats to you and the rest of the group.

Wayne

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sagebrusher, I've never tried to access Laughlin peak but I'll take by GPS with me on the route on Monday to see if I can get access to it. I deliver that area for UPS...I know the ranch owners try to keep everyone off of it...:or near it
Greenie peaks borders it, I'll check on that too....if I have time....kinda busy for Xmas...

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congratulations on a great hunt.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Congrats.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sagebrusher, I've never tried to access Laughlin peak but I'll take by GPS with me on the route on Monday to see if I can get access to it. I deliver that area for UPS...I know the ranch owners try to keep everyone off of it...:or near it
Greenie peaks borders it, I'll check on that too....if I have time....kinda busy for Xmas...

Haha, don't go off route on my account, it's just an unanswered question that has stuck in my mind (park rangers hate not been able to answer a question). We had a land use map that showed public land on part of the mountain. This group of hunters said they had been hunting there for years and that year (2009) was the first time the access roads had no trespassing signs.

OP: sorry for sidetracking your thread and congrats on the hunt. Some of your landscapes seem familiar, is it Raton Mesa area?

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Lovely pics and great story. Love to hear a first timer's pie respective as I hope to try it myself in the next few years.

Thanks a lot for sharing!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Hey do you know that short little cop valdez that thinks hes hot [bleep]?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The DOT one?......yes

Great pics of the hunt buddy. Hope you will get to come back and do it again....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow, I was way off! laugh

S
Soft7 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Originally Posted by Sagebrusher

Haha, don't go off route on my account, it's just an unanswered question that has stuck in my mind (park rangers hate not been able to answer a question). We had a land use map that showed public land on part of the mountain. This group of hunters said they had been hunting there for years and that year (2009) was the first time the access roads had no trespassing signs.

OP: sorry for sidetracking your thread and congrats on the hunt. Some of your landscapes seem familiar, is it Raton Mesa area?

Thanks. Closest town was Cuba. Close to the Santa Fe National Forest.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
yeah the little one lol

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Congrats on your successful hunt and thanks for sharing the story and pics.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 1234, 1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,674 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,715
Posts18,514,120
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.