Campfire Greenhorn
K
By Executive Order, Obama Kills 110 Year Old Civilian Marksmanship Program

http://visiontoamerica.com/16494/by...-year-old-civilian-marksmanship-program/

Last edited by Ken/Kebco; 12/30/13.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And yet another reason to despise democraps. They used to say "all roads lead to Rome." Today, all the roads to the destruction of the American way of life lead to the democraps, yet with each passing day, they continue to gain in strength...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Elections matter - until they no longer need to be held.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
the Kenyan is not the first President to limit or curtail re imports of US military weapons.
Reagan, Bush and Clinton all issued instructions to the BATF to limit re imports.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not surprised at all. Just what you would expect from a good Marxist peckerhead.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
the Kenyan is not the first President to limit or curtail re imports of US military weapons.
Reagan, Bush and Clinton all issued instructions to the BATF to limit re imports.

Correct.
And far from being killed as the OP mentioned, the CMP business and programs continue as usual.

Have an A1 Day!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cheesehunter

Correct.
And far from being killed as the OP mentioned, the CMP business and programs continue as usual.

that's good news!

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Don't tell Jorge, he might not be able to take the news.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
CMP WEB SAYS THIS IS FALSE.

Last edited by gahuntertom; 12/30/13.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
where this comes to play, among others i am sure, is the approximately 200k of garands, carbines, in south korea. There have been attempts to reimport those rifles for years. Last fall it looked like it was signed, sealed, and delivered, until the hillary state department squashed the already approved deal.
This is a real shame, as while some of the rifles were pretty trashy, there were unissued, unused garands in the deal.
After all, your typical gangbanger would use a garand, maybe, to hold up a 7/11.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I also might add, i wouldn't totally blow off the article. There has been a steady restriction on importation of all kinds of stuff, such as a.k. parts kits, barrels, and so on.
And it runs hot and cold.
When we were in love with the russians when the berlin wall fell, they were allowing in S.V.T. 40's from russia, the russian version of the garand. Until they decided couldn't have that.
And that is how a 200dollar rifle becomes 1000 dollars, real quick.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If the CMP has no rifles to distribute then in effect it is near death.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by siskiyous6

the cmp has been running out of rifles for quite some time, thus the 1100 dollar reconditioned garands, built with criteron barrels, new stocks and so on.
They were getting to the bottom of the barrel.
At one time for a couple hundred, you could have a really nice garand from the dcm. Of course inflation and so on uped the price, but these things don't last forever.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by siskiyous6

As others that have had some dealings over the years with ODCMP etc...
It is not the death. Its been overcome more than a few times in the past too. And CMP continues to run.

Its not as easy without the guns, but it will continue at least for some time. Too many folks rely on them for match support, ammo sales, etc....

DOens't mean I like the kenyans stupidity... but it ain't tin foil hat time yet.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Correct.

My azz!! They just don't have anything worth a schitt to sell....compared to what was available in the past. The 'nuts' were cut out of the CMP when JFK got his azz waxed!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by RMulhern

Correct.

My azz!! They just don't have anything worth a schitt to sell....compared to what was available in the past. The 'nuts' were cut out of the CMP when JFK got his azz waxed!!

I don't think i would totally agree with that, as there has been a bunch of stuff come accross. I could mention the italian return carbines, the german carbines out of the 3rd army, target .22 rifles and so on. And earlier this year, while it take a while for it to show up, you could put in a order for 5k a case of .22LR ammo. It showed up i think in september. Stores locally still don't have it around. They were selling m1carbine brass just in the last couple of weeks. Try finding that in a local store.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I might add, while i don't have a lot of interest in the "built" garands, for the money they are certainly a good deal. New wood, new park, new barrel, and competitive price. They have also started gunsmithing services with these rifles. Gunsmithing them is a speciality in its own right.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Executive order is not a law. It is his expressed desire to see this happen, usually gives it to someone to get it done. We all need to make sure our representatives know how we feel about this.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep, none of these pieces of chit can be trusted. If they are a republican or a democrat, they are your enemy and the enemy of Liberty!!! Believe it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by RMulhern

Correct.

I don't think i would totally agree with that, as there has been a bunch of stuff come accross. I could mention the italian return carbines, the german carbines out of the 3rd army, target .22 rifles and so on. And earlier this year, while it take a while for it to show up, you could put in a order for 5k a case of .22LR ammo. It showed up i think in september. Stores locally still don't have it around. They were selling m1carbine brass just in the last couple of weeks. Try finding that in a local store.
The issue is the money. Lend Lease weapons or weapons that were given to a nation cannot be SOLD back to anyone in the US because technically they are owned by the US already. And if there is no money in it, no nation is just going to give them back for free.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 68 invisible), 2,999 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,930
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.