Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2,532 of 2,579 1 2 2530 2531 2532 2533 2534 2578 2579
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

Even I was surprised to see me up this early.

I found the mailbox without a flashlight.

Semper Newspaper.

BD

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He was a big dude.

[Linked Image]

Here is a comparison holding the lynx we got.

Me[Linked Image]

Jay
[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Dmn what a cat. How big? Sorry about Jay.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by FishinHank
I am watching Last of the Mohicans. I got asked to write a story about my trapline with my buddy Jay. I don't even know what to write at this point. He died doing what he loved and I want to reflect his zest for life. That is a hard thing to portray to other people.

FH,

have your ever seen the movie Secondhand Lions with Michael Caine and Robert Duval.

The whole thing is worth watching, however, the last 10 minutes might be relevant to your situation.......

Condolences

Best,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
D@mn what a cat. How big? Sorry about Jay.

30+lbs It filled the 330.

[Linked Image]

Talked to the biologist in Cordova and he said it was the first one in ten years he had seen caught. Jay's family has it now.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by geedubya
I am watching Last of the Mohicans. I got asked to write a story about my trapline with my buddy Jay. I don't even know what to write at this point. He died doing what he loved and I want to reflect his zest for life. That is a hard thing to portray to other people.

FH,

have your ever seen the movie Secondhand Lions with Michael Caine and Robert Duval.

The whole thing is worth watching, however, the last 10 minutes might be relevant to your situation.......

Condolences

Best,

GWB

I will check that out, thanks.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Morning all.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by SLM
Morning all.

Yup,

daylight soon.

Best,

GWB

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Morning guzzlers.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...TE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-01-13-07-19-30

Dang it. That's down-right un-'merican.

May have to start drinkin G.Dickel.

Best,

GWB

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

The world is full of people that for decades watch life go by, failing to take even the slightest of efforts or risks that are required to participate, then there are those who's first dive is into the deep end, climbing to the top to see what's up there and beyond. Most of us wish we had taken a few more risks in life, traveled a few more roads and slept a few more nights under the stars, then there are those whom die young knowing what's at the top and beyond.
Be thankful you've known such a man, few men ever do.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by jimy

The world is full of people that for decades watch life go by, failing to take even the slightest of efforts or risks that are required to participate, then there are those who's first dive is into the deep end, climbing to the top to see what's up there and beyond. Most of us wish we had taken a few more risks in life, traveled a few more roads and slept a few more nights under the stars, then there are those whom die young knowing what's at the top and beyond.

�Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.� -- Henry David Thoreau

I don't know 'bout ya'll but I hope to slide into my grave, 30 minutes late with a tequila shot in one hand and a lime squeeze in the other, my parts worn out, my kidneys failing, shouting YOHOO, what a ride.

Best,

GWB

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My buddy passed on with a pack full of Goat and a smile on his face. I am pretty sure he had some Jack in his pack somewhere too. He did what he loved to do and he never made any excuses. I am glad he got to drill a goat, it was his dream hunt.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dickel will add years to your life.

A night in the tank might last eons.

BD

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry your buddy died at what seems to be a young age,
but who knows, he may have packed a hundred years of good schit into the time he got.
I'd rather check out "on a hunt" than waste away in a state run storage locker.
Sadly, we don't normally get to decide those things..........
So let's enjoy it all right now while we are still able.

Vinny

P.S. Morning.

Have Dog

Will Travel

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Remember him that way, doing what he loved in a place he wanted to be with a smile on his face and blood on his boner.

I know ten 30 year olds that spend their days with an xbox controller and a dog that won't hunt, sadly that seems to be the trend today.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Hank..sorry dude...is this the big bastard that fell off the mountain you mentioned? Hey man...his problems are over...he is good...the ledger reads even.

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by jimy

^^^

This. Exactly.

Good morning.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hank, your buddy Jay looked like a badass dude. Write it all down, don't leave anything out. I recently lost a long time buddy to an avalanche, and he was much of the same- zest for anything and everything fun. There's just no easy way to put into words what they embodied...

All I could do was go skiing the next day with our buddies. He would've called us pussies for not...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Tanner

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He used to curse at this rack because it seemed like every time we partied it would fall off the wall.
[Linked Image]

Our boss usually bought us heine mini kegs for christmas.
[Linked Image]

One last one, he was a big fan of GFY.
[Linked Image]

I really miss that guy.

Page 2,532 of 2,579 1 2 2530 2531 2532 2533 2534 2578 2579

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

286 members (10ring1, 12344mag, 257 mag, 270wsmnutt, 160user, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 24 invisible), 1,839 guests, and 1,010 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,450
Posts18,528,884
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.