Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Finally got er done although not with my bow but got this guy this afternoon he was on the hit list
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Got this joker today also
[Linked Image]

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well done, Dan!

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
For sure.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
enjoyed following this thread .thanks

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I find that Yankees by in large tend to be more ignorant in many things, most especially hunting.

You gotta figure a guy that gets a 9 day season and 1 deer limit likely don't know near as much about killing as guys that kill 10 a season that lasts months.

Never had a problem with a 223 in Alaska, and you can't farther North, West or East.

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Hunted Ohio opener yesterday lots if action all around saw a lot of deer but nothing big enough to shoot, my buddy I hunted with did though
This buck was on a doe and grunting to beat the band

[Linked Image]

C
ckr Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Thats a bruiser!

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Nice buck!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Here's one my buddy killed yesterday!
11 pts double drop tines 225 lbs field dressed!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Just started looking at this thread- VERY cool buck with those twin back stickers, and with a nice Bear Grizzly ( or possibly Kodiak hunter?) by the look of it!
Lots of very nice deer pics, for sure, congratulations to all involved!!
Cat

scopes are cool, but slings 'n' irons RULE!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Seems I only kill a deer when it's 60 degrees both my archery buck and gun buck came on warm days go figure
Another this afternoon
[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
you did well , congratulation

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Seems I only kill a deer when it's 60 degrees both my archery buck and gun buck came on warm days go figure
Another this afternoon
[Linked Image]

that's a hell of a neck on that doe.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Fun afternoon muzzeloader hunting,decided to go in early at 12:45 pm as I walked in I spotted a deer near one of my stands it ran about 30 yds and stopped I pulled up and it was a nice 8pt, hunting doe so away he went. I still hunted to the spot I wanted to hunt. I sat at the base of a large tree looking into some very thick thickets. At 1:30PM a pick up truck rides thru the adjacent property and right thru a field I'm hunting near,rides right up to the property line and then turns around and drives out.
I just shrug it off and stay put. At 2:45pm I catch movment down in the bottom edge of the thickets,I put my bino's on the spot and see 2 doe too far and to thick.They mill around for a bit and then head out of the thick right into the hardwoods, I get turned and set and rest along the tree Im sitting next to.
They file out and there's a third doe,I quickly scan and the lead doe is the horse of the group.
I pick an opening at 75 yds and as the doe comes clear I fire and they all run thru the woods.
I'm waiting to see her drop but they cover about 75yds, then she stops and gets the woozies and tips over.
Great I new I drilled her.
Now I here noise back where they came from I catch movment and its another deer...the huge 8pt I saw opening weekend, he runs right out past me at 75 yds and follows the path of the doe.
2 minutes later out comes another 8pt and does the same deal.
Had I not already filled my buck tags I'd likely not have shot the doe and waited.
Glad to see that the neighboring hunters have not shot the big buck and some of the very good ones.
a few more days and they are home free and I will have some nice buck to look forward to next season!
The doe I shot looks to be in heat she field dressed out at 120lbs

[Linked Image]

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Nice Dan!

I have a buck tag........................hint.

Grins

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Nice Doe Dan.

I passed a small 8 Sunday night with 7 does. The way he was harassing them I'm guessing one of them was coming back in and it's got me debating going out in the morning. There's 4 inches of fresh snow tonight that isn't making it easy for me to stay in bed. LOL

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
1 week left and it's all over till next October, plenty of time to sleep in January!
What a difference from last year to this year, I couldn't buy a buck after the 1st weekend last season

Have my work cut out now last one is only quartered and now this one hanging in the shed...the good eats will be worth the work

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by bbassi
Nice Doe Dan.

I passed a small 8 Sunday night with 7 does. The way he was harassing them I'm guessing one of them was coming back in and it's got me debating going out in the morning. There's 4 inches of fresh snow tonight that isn't making it easy for me to stay in bed. LOL

I had 4 bucks inside of 150 yards on Saturday, one nice 8pt in the am and 3 1.5 year old bucks in the evening. They were certainly on the move.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Update

Just thought this was cool... My buddy just received these pictures from a guy that lives 2 miles from where he took this deer..the guy found out he killed the deer and was nice enough to get him these live pictures

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Pretty cool Dan. He is/was a stud for sure.

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

329 members (2ndwind, 264mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 43 invisible), 2,128 guests, and 557 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,444
Posts18,507,865
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.