G
Morn'n F�cker's

You guys were busy last night.

Again this morning.

Love them Side Ti.ts photo's!

Keeps the morn'n wood up.

More Coffee for me.

While I'm pouring you guys GFY!

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WTF? It's not even close, Bro. grin

P.S. Damn, I look gray in that pic.....did he doctor it?

Had to'ev.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Morning all.

Gonna try and deuce something to death today.

Dodge front ends apparently suck azz. Praise Odin for extended service plans and warranties.

DH I love the pic tit.

I believe in miracles........
Wear your bra, you sexy thing......

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gonna try steelies today.....
Out.

Be back for the games, probably though.

Have Dog

Will Travel

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Sports bra, w/ nipple cutouts.

MAGA
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wageslave
WTF? It's not even close, Bro. grin

P.S. Damn, I look gray in that pic.....did he doctor it?

Had to'ev.

Dude, I know it's not even close but didn't want to hurt Iceman's feelings...... Never mind, Iceman doesn't have feelings!

Cow feeding and football. A balmy 34F outside right now, headed out the door.
Might fire up the old Versatile and move some drifts real quick like before the games.

Awesome [bleep]' weather lately, can't complain!

Dog footage from yesterday.
I've been running that hyper little bastard 4-5 miles in morning back and forth from the haystack. Crazy [bleep] jumped on the pickup while I was rolling a bale, looked back in the mirror and WTF?!
Not looking to repeat that maneuver.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Professor lives on.

PTO; PHD, Emeritus at LARGE

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Instinct Holdover?

WTF!!!

Is that modern progressive for "Kentucky Windage"

What's this world coming too!

ED

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by frogman43

If the ice break early in March, should be a banner year on the Detroit river for monster Walleye!

My cousin in Ohio went up to fish the walleye run in the Detroit river last year. He said it sucked ass and was combat fishing. ( I spoiled him trout fishing out here grin ) I guess Lake Erie is quite the Walleye fishery now...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Oh, almost forgot�GOOD MORNING WANKERS! laugh

[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Morning everyone...I decided to sleep in this morning.

Going open water fishing here in a few. Got some 41 Mag loads to test too.

If there's any remnants of morning wood, these should help ya out:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by frogman43

If the ice break early in March, should be a banner year on the Detroit river for monster Walleye!

My cousin in Ohio went up to fish the walleye run in the Detroit river last year. He said it sucked ass and was combat fishing. ( I spoiled him trout fishing out here grin ) I guess Lake Erie is quite the Walleye fishery now...

Erie has always been a hot Walleye fishery Poobah, but Detroit river is where a large portion of the fish spawn. Sounds like your cousin fished the lower Trenton channel near the stacks and yes, it IS comabt fishing there. The river is over 30 miles long and has MANY hotspots to fish. I damn near won the In Fisherman PWT tournament there in 2001 back when I was competing ont he circuit. Still a great place to fish....

Now, the real sleeper is Saginaw Bay........absolutely amazing fishery! wink

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Not to contradict, but I had the misfortune of living in Cleveland in the late 50s/early 60s. At that time you couldn't swim in Lake Erie, it was so polluted and the Cuyahoga River caught fire, it was so full of stuff�
I was a wee child then, and have been quite interested and pleased with the turn around made in those waters since then.
The river catching fire was a turning point for many aspects of an environmental movement at the time. That and all the factories spewing smoke and crap had an effect on me when I was 6 years old that hasn't left me yet. I'll never forget rolling into Cleveland that first time, looking out the car window at all that what would later be termed 'pollution'.Even at 6 I knew something was seriously wrong with that. I knew I had to get out of there, and away from it. The feeling never left, to this day, and it landed me in Montana as soon as I could get here after college.
For the last forty years now if I go fishing and see anyone else out there, it pisses me off grin I am spoiled wink

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Slave....has the Ruby Ridge incident faded or do people still hold it close...

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
The Merrimack River runs through Manchester...when I was a kid, the mills that have existed for 150 years were chugging as much sh�t as they could dump into the river. All that changed....no more sewerage, no more runoff and pollution. Salmon spawn with shad. Not bad now....
...although there was a remediation within the last few years of an area of the river bottom in Manchester that had this wonderful sh�t on the bottom called coal tar.....f�cking black molasses that was really nasty, deep and thick....what a money maker that was for the remediation firm...

Sonofabitch!

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'm 30 miles south of lake Erie, it is an incredible fishery, the steel head fishing is world class, so I hear, those dics have more money in pretty vests and sun glasses than my truck cost.
The walleye fishing is great, some of the best is spring time, wading at night with a spinning reel for the females pre spawn, its all catch and release but 10-14 lb fish are not rare.
As far as eating the pearch are as good as it gets, its like doe hunting you do it to drink beer and fill the freezer.

As far as water quality its actually gotten to clean, zebra muscles have filtered the water to the point that you can actually watch a 3/8oz jig hit the bottom in 25 ft of water, when it disappears you set the hook, 5-7 lb smallmouth bass are the targets.

Its not the Rockies but its not the clap either, and some ones got to do it.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Damn!

My wife is from St Clair Shores. When I met her she still had family up there. We would go up there from time to time. Was invited to fish Erie a couple of times. I declined because of time restraints and the Jackass that was doing the inviting.

I always thought I missed my chance to do some good fishing!

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
As Jimy has stated, the walleye fishing has certainly changed over the years....

Back when the water purity/clarity was "poorer" as Ingwe alluded to, they could get by just fan casting weight forwards spinners off of the boats as they drifted over the shcools of Walleye below. The water was cloudy due to phospates in the water creating large algae blooms, which was not too bad for fishing all in all.

Fast forward to today and with the water clarity so improved, the fish soon spook and avoid high traffic areas. Hence the transition to trolling methods for Lake Erie. Of course the Western basin is fished entirely differently than the Central, or Eastern basin......and it is a multi-fish environment.

Can you imagine competing in a Walleye tournament and watching your trolling spread only to see a Steelhead come skyrocketing out of the water with your Walleye spinner in it's mouth in 70' of water??? laugh

Last edited by frogman43; 01/19/14.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Has anyone canned turkens?

Anyone pickled turkens?

Only experience with turkens is choking them.

Ibid

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by DanAdair
I'll freely admit. I'm not above slumming Yuban.

This was 1st week of bow, a weeklong trip in The Bob. Lunch break, day 3, in camp. I was actually trying to kill an Elk, a lot. I only do the axe trick in the summer, on fishing trips.
[Linked Image]

So again....
[Linked Image]

The Trout Whisperer
[Linked Image]

A cutting board,ax and a can of Yuban? Do you even backpack bro?

Page 2,571 of 2,579 1 2 2569 2570 2571 2572 2573 2578 2579

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (06hunter59, 1_deuce, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 64 invisible), 2,617 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,474
Posts18,529,427
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.