Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Anybody had any experience, good or bad, with Cassiar Stone Outfitters? They are an outfitter in Northern British Columbia offering moose, mountain goat, stone sheep, mountain caribou, and grizzly bear hunts.

I've checked out their website, made contact with them, and received a references list. I've already contacted some of the people on the list, but I'm just curious if there is anyone else out there that has anything to say about them.

Thanks!

Africa Hunting Safaris, Cape Buffalo Hunting, & Other Big Game Hunting Adventures
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Big Game Hunter;
It sounds like you've already got a firm foundation on your research sir, so kudos for that.

I'd suggest that you attempt to contact hunters that were chasing the same game you want to as that may -MAY- be important information.

While I'm not familiar with that area personally as I've hunted a bit below that on the Stikine, I can suggest with fair certainty that the scenery alone will be memorable. wink

Anyway, because of game population fluctuations and staff changes, if it were my hunt I'd be asking about specific game chased and who with as that can sometimes make or break a hunt.

Hopefully that was some use to you sir, good luck on your hunts whichever way you decide.

Regards,
Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Have they recently changed hands. Star on map looks like a long ways from the Cassiar Mtns.

Last edited by tangozulu; 01/30/14.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
tangozulu;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope this finds you and yours doing well.

That's a true fact and good catch, I'd missed that star's location completely. blush

You'd think if the Cassiar Range has moved we'd a heard something about it on the news, no? wink

Have a good rest of the week tangozulu and all the best to you and yours.

Dwayne

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Thank you all for the responses. I'm currently digging deeper into the outfitter with my research in response to the questions that you all brought up.

tangozulu: I just sent you a PM.

Africa Hunting Safaris, Cape Buffalo Hunting, & Other Big Game Hunting Adventures
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't think the mountains have moved and if you read further along in their site it states:

Hunters can choose to fly to Whitehorse, Yukon or drive to our Base camp near Dease Lake B.C. We will then pick you up and drive you to the chartered float plane where you will fly into your camp and meet your guide.

So Dease Lake is just a bit southwest of the range and a float plane could put you right there in short time. I have no experience with this outfit.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
n007;
Thanks for your response, I hope this finds you folks well and avoiding any unnecessary white stuff like we've been getting.

Indeed I should have been more clear that my response to tangozulu was done with tongue firmly planted in cheek.

We were up through that country in '87 chasing goats out of Telegraph Creek and it was wild and wooly back then.

One of the companies that my better half works with put up some of the mine out of Dease and they inform me that now there's actually a motel there as well as a gas station/restaurant. cool

Some year we intend to drive up to see some friends who live in Whitehorse and may take that way just because.

From what I've been given to understand from folks who've been up there hunting and involved in different aspects of mining, Dease is the jumping off point for a lot of destinations all across northern BC.

All the best to you and yours sir - have a good remainder of the week.

Dwayne

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
John, PM sent to you.

CrossHair Consulting
www.crosshairconsulting.com
406-439-8512
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
[quote=BC30cal]tangozulu;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope this finds you and yours doing well.

That's a true fact and good catch, I'd missed that star's location completely. blush

You'd think if the Cassiar Range has moved we'd a heard something about it on the news, no? wink
Thanks Dwayne
Always nice when you say hello. Me and mine are well and enjoying the Pineapple winter were having up north this tear.
Have a good rest of the week tangozulu and all the best to you and yours.

Since home is the general area of the star I thought for a moment the mountains had moved but after my first coffee I was pretty sue the Cassiar are also fair bit east, the other side of Teslin and run south to Smithers. Site does say 50 miles south of Yukon so long ways north of Dease but maybe just a bad map.
Cheers and have a great day

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
BTW
Typing on phone sucks.

IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Is that Odell Dorsey's old area? Level Mountain etc.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Perhaps my geography is a bit off, wouldn't be the first time, but I thought the Cassiar Range was in between the Stikine Plateau and the Nechika Range and then sort of bumped into the Finaly and Omineca Mountains near the Finlay River?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by toltecgriz

Odell Dorsey was from west of Shesly River, more around Tatsamenie Lake. Fletcher Day was Level Mountain at the same time. Of course neither are with us any longer. Fletcher passed a way a few years ago and of course Odell crash 20 years back.
Outfitters with airplanes seem to have shorter life spans.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I thought they were centered around Tuya Lake, should be excellent hunting there have no idea on the honesty of the outfit wheter good or bad.

Gerry.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by tangozulu
Originally Posted by toltecgriz

Odell Dorsey was from west of Shesly River, more around Tatsamenie Lake. Fletcher Day was Level Mountain at the same time. Of course neither are with us any longer. Fletcher passed a way a few years ago and of course Odell crash 20 years back.
Outfitters with airplanes seem to have shorter life spans.

Odell's son in law was flying on borrowed time from the first time he started flying. Still, they weren't bad folks. I hunted Level with Odell about 1980, give or take. It was one of those trips that no matter how many screw-ups there were, and there were a lot, it was still a good time.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by gerrygoat
I thought they were centered around Tuya Lake, should be excellent hunting there have no idea on the honesty of the outfit wheter good or bad.

Yesterday, I talked to a former employee of the outfitter who said that the hunting area was right around Tuya Lake and just to the west of old town of Cassiar.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by The_Big_Game_Hunter
Originally Posted by gerrygoat

Yesterday, I talked to a former employee of the outfitter who said that the hunting area was right around Tuya Lake and just to the west of old town of Cassiar.

Then it is a very good area. They really should move their map location about 100 miles to avoid confusion.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1badf350, 2500HD, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 264mag, 10gaugeman, 59 invisible), 2,532 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,921
Posts18,498,465
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.