Print Thread
Hop To
K
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K
Hello,

I got invited to a family friend's wedding next July in Istanbul. I am toying with the idea of hunting on the front end of my trip. The wedding is on July 12th. It looks as though there is some diverse game in Turkey. Does anyone have any experience here?

As of now, boar look to be the only thing in season during that month. However, a Roe has always been on my list and was hoping they might be available in July. After just finishing a Dall Sheep hunt, I feel as though Ibex will be a bit out of my $$$ range.

Thank you in advance.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would contact Shikar Safaris.

Kaan Karakaya is the guy and he should be able to help.

I know they do boar hunts along with ibex hunts and should be able to help.

I'm hunting with them next year for Bezoar ibex in Turkey.

Hope this helps.

Reh Offline
Most of the countries that have Roe deer as a game species have their season usually from May till October for Bucks, the peak of the Roe deer rut is around end of July or beginning of August in most regions, you shouldn't have any issues for Roe deer hunting around the July timeframe if that opportuntiy presents itself.

Turkey is usually consider prime Wild Boar paradise as the Wild Boar is not heavily hunted only by outsider as it is a Muslim country, usually Christian Turkish will be the majority of those who goes hunting for Boars.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Tag!

I'm interested as well. Moving there in November for another 15 month trip. I'm going to try to do some hunting this time around.

Lifetime member: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers & Wild Sheep Foundation
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
NEVER go hunting in turkey, it's a risky business, you could get shot and if you're gutted and fried before being brought to the medic, you're definitely busted!

[Linked Image]

Last edited by grand_veneur; 10/02/13.

Va t'in tch�re !
IC B2

F
fzo Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
where can you go hunting there ?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Go and have a great time. I hunted in the area north of Mercin by Tarsus for wild boar about 20 years ago. Lots of big boars and people were happy to have you hunt them. I have no current info on the area as I've lost touch with my contact there.

SCI Life Member
DAV Life Member
NRA Life Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member

Your true character shows in your conduct

You cannot solve a problem at the same level of awareness that created it - Einstein
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by grand_veneur
NEVER go hunting in turkey, it's a risky business, you could get shot and if you're gutted and fried before being brought to the medic, you're definitely busted!

[Linked Image]

Are wild turkeys hunted over there...?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Try this page, http://www.diana-hunting.com/auction/
They have an auction for a boar hunt in turkey. Beginning of July is probably not the best time. You might be able to add the hunting on the back end for a roebuck and catch some early rut. But I would head north for that.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I'd highly recommend Caprinae for hunts in Turkey.

http://www.caprinae.com/en/

IC B3

K
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K
Originally Posted by bobby7321
I'd highly recommend Caprinae for hunts in Turkey.

http://www.caprinae.com/en/

These guys will be at Dallas SCI. I'll be sure to visit their booth.

Thanks!

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
My co-worker and his brother are on their way back from a 3 week hunting trip to Turkey and Pakistan. I can get some details from him if you would like. He sent some pretty killer photos from his hunts.

K
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K
I appreciate it, Anchorage. I have a feeling he was hunting the sheep and goats. My girlfriend rolled her eyes when I started researching hunting opportunities over there.

I am still trying to heal-up from a sheep hunt in AK. Luckily, the July dates make the trip a little more difficult for hunting sheep---I won't be tempted.

Let me know though.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
He recommended Shikar Safaris as well. You are right though about your timing, seems like boar might be about the only thing going in July. They were hunting Ibex and Chamois in Turkey. They hunted Ibex, Markhor, and Urial in Pakistan. The hero pics with a bunch of guys holding AKs and wearing turbins are pretty funny.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Turkey is gorgeous and the culture is fascinating. Commercial services tend to be first-rate and Turkish citizens are friendly and very helpful. If you have the chance, visit Marmaris. Wonderful first-class accommodations in that seaside village and the countryside is breathtaking.

F
fzo Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
where can you hunt in turkey?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

501 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 59 invisible), 2,807 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,967
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.