OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Breitbart News: Breitbart TV
http://www.breitbart.com/breitbart-tv
2/4/14
This morning's key headlines from GenerationalDynamics.com
�Monday's market plunge continues 'that 1929 feeling��
The Dow Industrials index fell more than 2% Monday, continuing a decline that has been almost steady since the beginning of 2014. The experts blamed Monday's plunge on bad manufacturing data and an apparent slowdown in China.
The S&P 500 Price/Earnings index (stock valuations) fell to 16.9%. This is lower than the 18.72 peak of last year, but it's still astronomically high by historical standards. It was only as recently as 1982 that the P/E index was 6, and it's about due to return to that level, as it does periodically, every 30 years or so. This would push the Dow Jones Industrial Average from its current 15,400 down to the 3,000-4,000 level, or lower, which is what Generational Dynamics is predicting.
A week ago, I wrote "'that 1929 feeling' may be back on Wall Street". As I said, what I'm looking for is a certain pattern that preceded the 1929 crash.
For the seven weeks preceding the 1929 crash, starting from 9/3/29, the market declined gradually, but with some wild gyrations along the way. That's the pattern I'm watching for today. The market has, in fact, been declining gradually since Jan 1, but we've only begun to see the wild gyrations. If the decline continues, and if there's a fall of 6% one day, followed by a rise of 8% the next day, or some sort of abrupt change like that, then that would indicate a looming crash.
However, there are no guarantees, one way or the other. The market might fall 10% and then go back up. The stock market is in a huge bubble, and Generational Dynamics predicts a major financial panic and crisis, but the exact date that the bubble will burst is impossible to predict. However, as I said, this is the first time in a long time that I've thought that the market has that "1929 feeling." Reuters

2/3/14
On Monday, weaker than expected factory data and continued concerns over emerging markets sent the Dow Jones Industrial Average nosediving 326 points to shave 2.08 percent off the Dow as the S&P 500 posted its worst loss (40.7 points) since June.
The selloff marked the seventh triple-digit drop in 2014 to put the Dow down 7.3 percent on the year.
"The disappointing data provide further confirmation of a dramatic slowing in economic growth momentum," TD Securities chief economist Millan Mulraine told Reuters.
Some blamed bad weather. Others, like Morgan Stanley's Ted Wieseman, were unconvinced. "It's hard to believe that weather was the whole or even most of the story, but it's not clear what else triggered the suddenly much slower growth these results point to," said Wieseman.
The dour market news comes on the heels of a treacherous January which saw Wall Street posting its worst month in over a year.
"There has been a discernible change in behavior in the market from last year," Cuttone & Co. senior vice president Keith Bliss told the Wall Street Journal. "You didn't have to be real smart in 2013 to make money. You just didn't want to get in the way of the Federal Reserve. The behavior change now is people are absolutely paying attention to fundamentals," said Bliss.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Maybe zero percent interest rates are too high. They might have to start paying interest to borrowers to turn this economy around. smirk

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Let 'er burn.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
oulufinn, before you say "let 'er burn" do us one favor: find one person who lived through the Depression and thinks it was a good time to be alive.

The article appalls me. It smacks of a self-fulfilling prophecy to say we are in a pattern that predicts a market collapse.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well Obama's idea of printing money because he ran out of other peoples money didn't work like he was told it would. Another obama fail. Hold on and hope.

NRA Lifetime Member
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you have cash, wait for it to settle and buy. Everything will be on sale. This is the "buy low" part of "buy low, sell high" strategy. Warren Buffett loves corrections. Makes good companies affordable to invest in.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
75% cash and 25% in market....waiting patiently. wink too conservative last year frown got a $100 invested so now I am gonna get RICH! laugh

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Should a person buy silver?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by farmerfish

No brass, lead and powder.

NRA Lifetime Member
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

I knew when I got my year-end statements that there was going to be a correction. I did that well in 2013.

BTDT. BFD. YMMV.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

If by silver you mean a silver plated colt, then by all means yes laugh

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
pretty good head of steam on the indices last year

would seem to me that a pullback would be in order based on past charts.

probably at some point in the not too distant future you might see a really collapsing Dow and S&P 500 but i'd be surprised if it's right now.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by hatari
If you have cash, wait for it to settle and buy. Everything will be on sale. This is the "buy low" part of "buy low, sell high" strategy. Warren Buffett loves corrections. Makes good companies affordable to invest in.
This is correct. The smart money was buying during the crash of '29. In the big picture, quality companies hold their value, despite fluctuations. Buy low is a good strategy.

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Agree on the colt , lead etc. smile Thinking of silver bars. Price has been hanging around $20. for quite awhile now. Will it go up if market continues down?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
... probably at some point in the not too distant future you might see a really collapsing Dow and S&P 500 but i'd be surprised if it's right now.

Yeah, it's amazing how long the status quo can be preserved, how long a bubble can be sustained, and how long a delusion can be maintained.

The dream dies hard doesn't it? smile

We've religiously avoided doing the necessary debt restructuring in this nation for over a decade. I'm convinced we won't until we are forced to. Not only would many of the most politically influential people and businesses in the US be wiped out but an entire ideology would have to die.

Trying to predict when/if that happens is a chancy thing ain't it?

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Whatever they blame, look elsewhere for your answer.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Agree on the colt , lead etc. smile Thinking of silver bars. Price has been hanging around $20. for quite awhile now. Will it go up if market continues down?

Look at a long term 30-60 year chart. Unless the US goes bankrupt ( probably at some point bu not this week), equilibrium looks to be around $5. We are on the backside of a long slide with a ways to go in my opinion. But I'm just a internet gun looney so what do I know.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
A 5% correction does not make a 1929.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

Look at a long term 30-60 year chart. Unless the US goes bankrupt ( probably at some point bu not this week), equilibrium looks to be around $5. We are on the backside of a long slide with a ways to go in my opinion. But I'm just a internet gun looney so what do I know.
You're not accounting for inflation. A 1975 five dollar bill could buy many times over what a 2014 five dollar bill can.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
$5.00 silver, sure, if we make it back to a growth rate of 6% on the GDP, but that's not going to happen under the current administration.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (16penny, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 02bfishn, 1234, 57 invisible), 2,549 guests, and 1,358 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,574
Posts18,491,978
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.