Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

It's pretty simple really. Just read the book and ask yourself, is this the work of all powerful, knowing, kind, loving, God, or the work of Bronze age men?

The need for human sacrifice for appeasement is rooted in the mind of stone/bronze age man, not the mind of a loving God.

Upon whose authority should one believe and accept this declaration?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Isaiah 40:22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in.

Yep, the earth is a flat circle, not the writing of an all knowing creator.

Job 26:7 Is contradicted by:

1 Samuel 2:8 The pillars of the earth are the LORD's, and he hath set the world upon them.
Job 9:6 Which shaketh the earth out of her place, and the pillars thereof tremble.

So, it's not a seamless work.

Accurate on scientific matters....How old is the Earth??

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
The earth is billions of years old....contrary to other beliefs...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
We once asked a rabbi to explain Judaism.

He grinned and told us that the Jews say that wherever there are two Jews, there are three versions.

I think that each person's relationship with God is unique. (Not sure if that really fits here, but I just wanted to throw it in.)

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by mightyman
The earth is billions of years old....contrary to other beliefs...

Exactly. Bronze age man. Not the Creator of the universe.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd hate to spend so much time and study on something I did not believe in!

What is your purpose? What has been done to offend you to this point of obsession to try to disprove what you cannot.

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I don�t think your scriptures contradict, as one would have to reference other scriptures to understand what was meant. It is easy to take one scripture and make it sound like it is contradicts others, yet when you put it all together, with other scriptures it makes sense..

Could it be that the �pillars� mentioned in your scriptural examples were figurative?

For example, the material and function of structural pillars made them fitting symbols of sturdy support. They would illustrate that which securely upholds. For example, �the Christian congregation could be called �a pillar and support of the truth,� for it upholds the truth in contrast to religious error. (1Ti 3:15)

James, Cephas, and John were spoken of as �seeming to be pillars� in the early congregation; they were solidly fixed and strong supporters of it. (Ga 2:9) Were they real pillars, or used to show strength and support?

Christians who conquer will be made pillars in �the temple� of God, gaining a permanent position in the spiritual structure. (Re 3:12) Does that mean they will be literal pillars?

The idea of the sturdiness of a pillar is found in the allusions to pillars in describing the feet of a strong angel. (Re 10:1) The legs of the shepherd lover of the Shulammite girl were like �pillars of marble,� being beautiful as well as strong. Really? Her legs were pillars? I think you can see where I am coming from.

You might also look at Psalm 75:3 (as a reference to the ones you noted as examples of being contracting mine)..
Ps 75:3: When the earth and all its inhabitants were dissolved, it was I who kept its pillars firm.�
This is not literal, as the earth stands forever�it is more like when all else falls apart, I�m the one keeping it together.

Oh, and the medical items I mentioned? Quarantine, handling of the dead, etc? Pretty scientific for bronze age man not to have some guidance from above on this one

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right

What is your purpose? What has been done to offend you to this point of obsession to try to disprove what you cannot.

Because it's a lot more entertaining then another debate about which of two ballistic clones kill muskrats better when you hit them in the big toes.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
No worries, Antelope Sniper, it's all good...appreciate your comments
Charges my batteries also.
Gotta chop some wood, later
MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right

Because it's a lot more entertaining then another debate about which of two ballistic clones kill muskrats better when you hit them in the big toes.

So your prideful and think you know more about things than God, I understand now!

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
[quote=mightyman]Oh, and the medical items I mentioned? Quarantine, handling of the dead, etc? Pretty scientific for bronze age man not to have some guidance from above on this one[/qutoe]

the Hittites wee using tularemia as an agent for biological warfare as early as 1500BCE

As for Biblical hand washing, that first appears in Leviticus which was written during or after the period of Babylonian captivity. This is just one more example of something borrowed from the Persians and did not originate with "the Bible".

zxc Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So, to paraphrase, become a Christian, or go to hell and burn in a lake of fire forever?

Does that pretty well sum it up??

That's what it is..........just wanted someone to say it out loud. My MIL is a BAC, her daughter is not, she in the MIL eyes burn in hell forever, on the face of it the MIL doesn't seem to worked up about it , especially when money from us is deposited in her account so she can have a better life in the here and now.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Furprick
Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
God created hell as punishment for Satan and his followers.

Really, so why does he send all the followers of Buddha to hell?

Does God equate Buddha with Satan?

HE sends none to Hell. Folks make the choice themselves by the life they choose.

Are you saying that if I am not a practicing Christian that I am choosing 'hell'?

If HE made you, He owns you. You would be nothing but dust without His spit and breath of spirit. You either reject Him or not. Ashes to ashes and dust to dust.

Does an animal have a spirit? Who contemplates their contemplating.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Antelope Sniper..
I just mentioned a few..not all of them about the quarantined, and medical things, what about the proper disposal of human waste. and many others laws by God that commanded them to do, that no one knew spread disease at the time?

And once you provide responses to these, which I am confident you will, then we can get in to the over 100 + prophecies, that all came true.
Think I see where this is headed, oh well, it is good for my faith and research.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Antelope Sniper portrays himself as an honest doubter as to the veracity of the bible.

As such, he may be closer to God than some christians posting here. God puts great store in personal honesty, I'm told.

God may have had him in mind when Isaiah reports Him saying;

"Come and let us reason together......... "

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Finish that passage.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From memory, from long ago,

Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be white as snow.

Point is, He doesn't start off by saying;"Shut up and listen".

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Thanks CD, I appreciate the kind words.

Yes, I believe the historical and scientific evidence does not support a literal reading of the Christian Bible.

I don't think that makes Christians bad people, just wrong. Often, they are not even wrong in deed, just the reason for those deeds. Unfortunately, in some events, Faith prevents Christian from following a line of logic to it's completion. They reach a point where, "The Bible say THIS", and are preempted from action the question, "WHY does the Bible say this, AND DOES THAT SAME LOGIC APPLY TO TODAY, AND OUR/MY CURRENT CIRCUMSTANCES?"

In contrast it's my doubt that allows me to more thoroughly explore many of the questions we debate. That doesn't mean I will come up with the right answer, but I may bring a different perspective to the table.

Freedom, Liberty, and Economic prosperity are supported by honest, contemplative, and open debate. Lets express out best thought, and complete in the market place of ideas, and let each reader decide for themselves.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
MM, I've saw your list of 100+ prophesies 30 years ago. 100 instances of circular reasoning doesn't prove anything, and in fact weakens your overall position.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by curdog4570
From memory, from long ago,

Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be white as snow.

Point is, He doesn't start off by saying;"Shut up and listen".

He does go on in the next two verses to discuss the consequences of disobedience and rebellion and it ain't so sweet. Just saying.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

69 members (6mmbrfan, 907brass, BALLISTIK, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 8 invisible), 1,475 guests, and 922 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,218
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.