Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I suggest that Friday evening's dinner should be barbeque pot luck. I can bring a small propane barbeque. (fjlee volunteered Dutch Oven Beans)

Still need a big barbeque.

Still need mild and hot barbeque sauce.

How about biscuits & gravy & eggs for Saturday breakfast? I'll bring a bunch of biscuits and gravy. Kevin and/or I will be happy to fry any meat that people bring to share.

Who can bring eggs?(WyColoCowboy volunteered)

And maybe also we could setup that burrito buffet, same as last year, for dinner on Saturday? I'll bring all of the ground elk meat, a couple of onions, and I'll also bring a bunch of tortillas.

Who can bring tomatoes, lettuce, grated cheese, salsa? (Splash1SD volunteered)

Any suggestions and/or volunteers for breakfast on Sunday?

Tracks can't make it this year so we'll need others to bring chips and dips and salsa. (fjlee volunteered homemade jalapeno relish) Still need chips, dips & salsa.

Who can bring coffee, cocoa, soft drinks?

fjlee has volunteered to bring peanuts and juice.

CCCC will bring all the stuff to setup the prairie dog shoot like we had at Lake Roosevelt. But he wants to compete so we need a volunteer to run the game. There will also be some other games like metal spinners, gongs, etc.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks like I won't make it this year was looking forward to meeting folks always good to put a face with a handle. Maybe next year. Have a great time folks. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
July 18, 19, 20. Any or all!

Sorry gents, can't make it.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
You guys will be missed -- Next year...

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
F
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
F

I just spent 9 days camped at high elevation in the Uinta's in Utah. On the way back to Denver it occurred to me that I should swing by the Gore Pass area and look over the chosen area for the "24Hour" get-together.

I got to the designated coordinates on the afternoon of Saturday July 5th. Not the best arrival time, due to it being a holiday weekend. Surprisingly, "our" spot was vacant. There was a large group camped due south. A small camp located to the north, and a CITY was camped straight West of our spot. A moderate amount of vehicular travel on Forest Svc. Rd. 225.

This whole general area is very attractive. "Our spot" even more so!! Lush green grass, lottsa firewood, quite level, scenic view. My wife and I really liked it.

We stayed there 2 nights, and by Monday morn most of the other folks had left. It got me to thinking, though. It might be wise to designate a "Plan B" camp area for our group. Just in case our spot is occupied. Someplace close by.....so it was visible from Plan A location.

Thoughts or comments......??

FjLee

IC B2

F
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
F

Colodog.......I sent you a PM.......

FjLee SW Denver CO

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'm. Glad you liked fjlee! All those trees andgrass will make for some nice- cool afternoons when the sun is hottest. I think KC and k_salonek are planning on heading up early to insure we get the space. As you saw there are several places that would be good plan B's nearby. I'm shocked that camp was available over the 4th. It's Beautiful isn't it?

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Trying hard to make this work - buddy can't make it - most likely will be solo. The long drive should be well worth it if you guys are as good as we hear - and as you appear.

What would be the best/shortest route to the camp from Silverthorne or Vail or Edwards? Coming north on CO 91 or US 24 from Leadville.

Is there a list of things still needed - food, equip, etc.?

Thanks for any info.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I would go leadville then east Silverthorne and then north on 9 to 134. Better road.

Kc has a food list above. You can volunteer to bring whatever you see not claimed. It will be good to have you.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WyCC - thanks for the road info. I will find that list and check for needs.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I will be unable to attend. I still have not found a truck with required options I need. Hope all of you have a awesome time.

Keep the wind in your face and your powder dry.

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I just got back from ten days of car camping, hiking, and fishing. Had a good time but I'm never going to be able to brag about my fishing prowess. Will be leaving in a couple of hours for some down time at the cabin.

I'll arrive at the gathering location on Thursday and "take possession" of the spot by setting up my little trailer and a tent.

Got a message from WyColoCowboy and it looks like the gathering this year will be an intimate affair as it seems like there will only be a dozen or so people who can make it. That's OK with me. I'll bring food for 16 people.

I'll check in before then.

See you guys when you get there.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
My plan is to be there by 6:00 Friday evening.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
You mean to put an "eye on the dog?"

I'm your Huckleberry.

I'm thinking maybe you could offer up something off the anvil for the winner?

[Linked Image]

I'll bite!

Off the anvil, bottle opener/stake hook set for first place, closest to the target center.

But second place, a camp knife from some (legal to own) railroad steel. Forged from a high-carbon spring steel E-clip.

[Linked Image]

With a catch.
Second place is closest to the eye, no flyers called before the shot. If that works?

Bring your 'A' game, this steel is a cutter!

Last edited by K_Salonek; 07/13/14.

Clinging to my God, and my guns!
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Dang - that's a nice blade Kevin.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks!

Who's going to win it?

We could shoot at say 75 yards, and I am shooting a turkey load at the eye with my toes crossed!

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Open sights... lol

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Open sights pushing the shotgun forward just as the choke is setting the pattern, for the extra ummpfft!
Copper platted BBs I'm thinking.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Am looking forward to meeting some new Campfire guys this coming weekend, and gathering stuff for the trek. Traveling light - will sleep in PU bed.

Waiting for a reply from KC on food/other needs. Please say so if you know of such,

As requested, will be bringing the targets and other minor stuff needed for the PD shoot. Will set it up for 200 yards assuming the "range" allows. Any bore, any sight, any position/rest - one shot from cold bore at the 1/2" vital dot.

Is anyone bringing shooting benches or tables, seat/stool, etc? Anyone bringing target frames/other targets? Needs there?

Any other planned shoots?

Thanks, CCCC

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I suggest that Friday evening's dinner should be barbeque pot luck. I can bring a small propane barbeque and some mild BBQ sauce. I'm a whimp, so if you want hot sauce, you'll have to bring your own. (fjlee volunteered Dutch Oven Beans)

Still need a big barbeque.

How about biscuits & gravy & eggs for Saturday breakfast? I'll bring a bunch of biscuits and gravy. Kevin and/or I will be happy to fry any meat that people bring to share.

Who can bring eggs?(WyColoCowboy volunteered)

And maybe also we could setup that burrito buffet, same as last year, for dinner on Saturday? I'll bring all of the ground elk meat, a couple of onions, refried beans & rice, and I'll also bring a bunch of tortillas.

Who can bring tomatoes, lettuce, grated cheese, salsa? (Splash1SD volunteered)

Any suggestions and/or volunteers for breakfast on Sunday?

Tracks can't make it this year so we'll need others to bring chips and dips and salsa. (fjlee volunteered homemade jalapeno relish) Still need chips, dips & salsa. (Let's assume that everyone will bring a bag of potato chips and dip or a bag of tortilla chips and some salsa).

Who can bring coffee, cocoa, soft drinks? (Let's assume that everyone will bring their own drinks)

fjlee has volunteered to bring peanuts and juice.

CCCC will bring all the stuff to setup the prairie dog shoot like we had at Lake Roosevelt. But he wants to compete so we need a volunteer to run the game. There will also be some other games like metal spinners, gongs, etc.

Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 56 invisible), 2,508 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,473
Posts18,471,466
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.