Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Greg Norman's "Aussie Rules" for those who have not seen it.

"Aussie Rules" was built by Oceanfast for golf-pro Greg Norman. Greg's not new to yachting. He's had a few sportfish yachts that scare great whites out of the water. "Aussie Rules" is an all aluminum, 285' expedition style yacht with a cost of around $70 million. I believe this is the largest aluminum yacht ever built. It took 300 workers over 3 years to complete.

Included in that price tag is a $1 million home theatre, two hyperbaric chambers (to restore your breath after you find out how much this thing costs!), seven auxiliary boats (in this case, one being a sportfish yacht that looks the size of a dingy in comparison!), several jet-ski's, a work-out gym and rumor has it... some 200 fishing rods. The number of fishing rods is no surprise... given the waters this thing was born in, they keep loosing them to Great Whites. Oh... and I'm pretty sure there's a golf course onboard too!

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Unreal

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The shark is about as nice down to earth land/golf mogul you could ever meet. met him at a tournament when i was 18, he spent 30minutes talking to me about his properties out west. good on him for busting his butt being able to afford that stuff.

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'd like to see the waitress on board . . .

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Watched Greg finish winning a match once. He picked his ball out of the cup after the winning putt, shook hands with his caddy, his opponent, his opponent's caddy and then waded into the crowd to a wheelchair he'd evidently spied on his walk to the green, where some handicapped kid was sitting. He gave the kid the ball and kissed him on top of the head.

Don't know Greg, but I've never not liked him.

Dan

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Someone from work sent me pictures of the interior. Pretty impressive. Found it. Believe he sold it some time ago.

http://www.ssqq.com/archive/vinlin24.htm

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice dinghy.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Hard to imagine a personal boat the size of a football field...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
We were in the USVI last week and saw a few that were in that class or close. Pretty cool way to see the world.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Greg Norman has a few traits that I admire - marriages aside. He has a positive can do attitude that he has had since he was a kid. He didn't pick up golf until he was 16 and by 19 he was a professional.

Norman has also very uniquely planned his life out 15-20 years at a time. When he was 18, his goal was to be a professional golfer, become #1 in the world, come to the US and marry a pretty American girl. Got all that done by age 30.

After 30, his goals were to open his clothing line, start his golf architecture firm, and to develop a "World Tour" for golf. His clothing line is still a hit, his course design firm is going strong worldwide, he's expanding into wine, and other areas. He made a boatload of cash when he invested in Cobra golf. The PGA screwed him in his attempt to do a World Golf Tour, then established the Tour Championship and are trying to do what Norman envisioned 20 years ago.

Now he is working to expand golf into China, and has become a living brand.

Norman's life philosophy can be summed up as

1.) Plan ahead and work backwards from your goals. When you're 20, you need to plan what you are doing when you are 40. At 40, you need to plan where you're going to be at 60, etc.

2.) Get off of your butt and do it. When opportunity jumps up, grab it. Don't be afraid.

3.) Have fun and enjoy yourself. Work hard, play hard. If you fall, get up and get after it.

Got to like all of that.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Greg Norman is also quite the rifleman as well, cool guy for sure.

Check out his gun vault.

http://www.golfchannel.com/media/behind-scenes-greg-normans-house/#slide-16

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Wish he had of won the Masters that year he had a big lead going into the last round.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1minute, 69 invisible), 2,548 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,190
Posts18,503,409
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.