-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One advantage to being a senior is that we have learned from experience whereas you young whelps haven't had any experience yet and so haven't learned anything. For instance, we geezers have been through several shortages and contrived shortages of various types over the years, and , recalling our Boy Scout training, are prepared for such things. We lay in stores of stuff while the getting is good. Sorry you kids don't have any ammo, better luck next time. wink

Gotta lay in some more Depends when the store opens tomorrow. laugh

Last edited by jnyork; 02/24/14.

[Linked Image]
GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by jnyork
One advantage to being a senior is that we have learned from experience whereas you young whelps haven't had any experience yet and so haven't learned anything. For instance, we geezers have been through several shortages and contrived shortages of various types over the years, and , recalling our Boy Scout training, are prepared for such things. We lay in stores of stuff while the getting is good. Sorry you kids don't have any ammo, better luck next time. wink

I'll get the pop corn, this is going to get good

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The writing was on the wall in 2005. The UN started paying countries to destroy their surplus ammo instead of selling it on the open market.
If you didn't buy .22 LR at $12 per brick in 2008. Boo-Hoo.
If you didn't buy .22 LR when it was $19 a brick up until Mid 2012 then how many more warnings do you need ?
The price can change overnight or with the stroke of a pen.
Only a schmuck would pay these prices now and only a schmuck would fail to stock up.....

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I just bought a case today.

Paid $725 for it that was up $25 from the case I bought last year. There was a case of 17hm2's for the same price.

I wish I could find some cheap ammo for the kid though. He has been stuck shooting mild reloads in the 223.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

I went to Rite Aid this morning and they limited me to 4 packs of Maximum Absorbancy Briefs. The bastards! I went back to the truck and sent my grandson in for 4 more. Ha! I gave him 4 bricks of my Mini Mag stash for his trouble. Well time to change, things is gettin' squishy.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have close to 10,000 rounds of 22 ammo in my stock and i don't sell, but have gave some of my friends a couple of thousand rounds in the last couple of months . I purchased my rimfire ammo before this chit storm hit the market.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by jbuck

I wish I could find some cheap ammo for the kid though. He has been stuck shooting mild reloads in the 223.

That ain't "stuck", that is SMART.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

1+ on this. I started restocking what was left from my pre-Clinton stash when Obama looked like he might win in the spring of 2008.

Don't need anymore Depends. Got plenty of those also.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Better stock up while the gettin' is good. eek

Looks like the little snot brats are up to no good and planning some revenge on us old fooks they thinks been hoardin' ammo on 'em, while they were all out eatin' their quiche?

smirk

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Reminds me of my gramps. He use to buy. Few boxes of ammo everytime we went to the store. According to him "it never goes bad" and we always had ammo to shoot when we wanted. We would reload thousands of rounds every week to shoot it all every weekend.

I learned more then I ever thaught from him.

IC B3

S
S
Originally Posted by dubePA

Better stock up while the gettin' is good. eek
Looks like the little snot brats are up to no good and planning some revenge on us old fooks they thinks been hoardin' ammo on 'em, while they were all out eatin' their quiche? smirk

Dang whippersnappers. mad

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bea175
I have close to 10,000 rounds of 22 ammo in my stock and i don't sell, but have gave some of my friends a couple of thousand rounds in the last couple of months . I purchased my rimfire ammo before this chit storm hit the market.

slacker...................

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I stocked up before 4 years ago shortage. I have helped many others out, by selling 22 ammo to them at costs. It gave me a chance to weed out different brands, while helping others. I do not feel guilty for stock-piling up some 22's. You youngsters better start using your heads. My Federal 550 packs were bought for less than $10.00. Eat your hearts out crybabies.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Per usual on the Campfire, after more than maybe 5 posts, many people are now only reading the headline of this thread, and not the rest. Apparently wanting to read as little as possible isn't just a characteristic of the "smart phone" generation.

This thread was started by "buddydog", who used the wrong word--and not just because he misspelled "hoarding." His original post is actually about re-selling rimfire ammo--or scalping, gouging or whatever you want to call it:

"Had a conversation with several senior citizens the other day over coffee. They related that after morning coffee, they divide up which stores to hit for 22LR ammo of any kind. They rotate stores daily to avoid boredom. If ammo is located, they text each other, while waiting for the other to arrive, they hide the ammo if out of clerks site, and buy everything once the group arrives. Why? They advertise or take to gun shows for resale to supplement social security checks. None of these guys are shooters!"

These people are not hoarding .22 ammo.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
No, they are not hoarding. They're reselling at a profit. But it stinks when we want to buy a brick of 22LR at the store at a reasonable price

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by buddydog
Had a conversation with several senior citizens the other day over coffee. They related that after morning coffee, they divide up which stores to hit for 22LR ammo of any kind. They rotate stores daily to avoid boredom. If ammo is located, they text each other, while waiting for the other to arrive, they hide the ammo if out of clerks site, and buy everything once the group arrives. Why? They advertise or take to gun shows for resale to supplement social security checks. None of these guys are shooters!
God forbid,them old fockers. smirk

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I rarely see .22 ammo available at gun shows around here, at any price. Maybe a box or two of high priced bulk packs or a few boxes of higher end stuff at inflated prices. There are no senior citizen tables piled high with ammo.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Google ".22 rimfire ammo for sale" on the Internet.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
S
S
And what will/should we find?

Last edited by Shotgun12; 02/26/14.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I purchased my ammo for my own use and don't sell at cost or for a profit . I help out my friend when they need it , but don't take their money for my help.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (12344mag, 219DW, 204guy, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 52 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,865
Posts18,517,909
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.