Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
you forgot the winky one.....

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sign language, like ImI and mIm. Now it's OMG and FU and BFF and IMHO. Gives me a PIA.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Once you've had a winky one, you'll never forget it....

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jt402
My apologies with NO snide conditions. Life is too short to use it up with ill feelings toward fellow man. (Glorious leader excepted.)

Have a good one. And no, I do not get the funny faces either. Notebook, yes-iPad, no.

Jack

No worries Jack!

Anybody who seriously concerns themselves with the adequacy of a Big 7mm for anything we hunt here short of brown bear, is a dufus. They are mostly making shidt up. Crunch! Nite-nite!

Stolen from an erudite CF member.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by jt402
MD, a lead supply from international sources is available. China, Canada, some in South America, and other places is available. I'm sure the ammo makers have contingencies, but if the administration will not allow Canadian oil into the country, lead may get on the same list.

Remember the State of the Union promise O made to us. If legislation doesn't happen, executive order will. (Paraphrased and included a wide range of topics.) The Ukraine situation could modify his position on Canadian oil imports, maybe.

This is first primary Election Day in Texas. I fully intend to do my duty as a citizen in a few minutes.

Best wishes . I enjoy your works.

Jack

Sorry Jack but don't know what you're talking about regarding Canadian crude oil. Canuck crude is processed in MT petroleum refineries right now, and has been for decades. http://www.calumetspecialty.com/about-us/facilities/calumet-montana-refining Please note the source of their feedstock.

BTW, the refinery in Great Falls is now owned by a Canadian company and they recently announced a major expansion so they could process more Canadian crude oil.

Here's a link for more info on the expansion plans:
http://www.krtv.com/news/calumet-refinery-plans-to-triple-capacity-in-great-falls/

Here's a link about the shipment of the equipment for the expansion:
http://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...62cff55-f123-5d33-8973-a1c1b977d0e1.html

Pursuit may be, it seems to me, perfect without possession.
Robert Kelley Weeks (1840-1876)
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
This ammo shortage sure changes the meaning of the 'haves and the have nots'....the attitude of the guys with 10k round in a cache is quite different that the guys that don't have enough to take the kids out shooting for a weekend. When stores like Scheel's and Cabela's divvy up ammo one 50 round box per customer still do not have any to sell, there is a problem.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
How did we ever communicate before emoticons?

Street gestures! (Of course that was all face-to-face.) grin wink smile

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

This might sound like science fiction but there was a time when people actually interacted face to face with each other, sans computer or smart phone, and a good part of their meaning to their words was imparted by body language and/or facial expressions, as much as 80% according to the ex-spurts.
I guess the emoticons are an attempt to humanize our modern communications. smile

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
MT DD fan, I stand corrected. My reference was to the pipeline to Corpus Christi TX that is on long term hold, O doesn't much like us.

I mentioned early on that there were train loads of scrap.

And Pappy, I have fond memories of a winkey one. Talk about talent. I may have been to young to fully appreciate it.

Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I never communicated very often as a teen or young adult, never had any money for the pay phone

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When people wrote letters (not the 26 building blocks of words but short to long communications on paper, generally handwritten in cursive and delivered by the Post Office in a paper envelope) they would usually add (just kidding!) or (ha ha) in parentheses to remarks that might be misconstrued.

Plus, by the time the recipient had read the entire letter and then taken the time to reply - also on paper - they often had a chance to think twice about what the original correspondent really meant.

Barbaric way of communicating if you ask me, and no one did. (ha ha)

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Although I might add that since the disappearance of these "letters" the number of traffic accidents caused by people writing letters while driving has sharply decreased, so there is a silver lining to that cloud.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
huntsman,

Here's my previous post, edited:

"How did we ever communicate before emoticons?" (insert winky emoticon here, or whatever)

Dunno if this works, though!

Last edited by Mule Deer; 03/04/14.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In some forums, GFY now seems to be the current standard greeting for those enamored of each other. Probably better than Xs and Os?

Forget who started that, but Travis would likely claim it as his own?

wink eek whistle sick

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I will use GFY next time. We all seem to know what that means. grin

Anybody who seriously concerns themselves with the adequacy of a Big 7mm for anything we hunt here short of brown bear, is a dufus. They are mostly making shidt up. Crunch! Nite-nite!

Stolen from an erudite CF member.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good For You? whistle

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
God Forgives You - that's how I always take it.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That works too...did you find some 22 LR?

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Got a Cheaper Than Dirt mag today. The have Bosnian Tulammo .22 lr 250 for $38. I don't need it that bad.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

J
J
Originally Posted by buddydog
Had a conversation with several senior citizens the other day over coffee. They related that after morning coffee, they divide up which stores to hit for 22LR ammo of any kind. They rotate stores daily to avoid boredom. If ammo is located, they text each other, while waiting for the other to arrive, they hide the ammo if out of clerks site, and buy everything once the group arrives. Why? They advertise or take to gun shows for resale to supplement social security checks. None of these guys are shooters!
Urban legends.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (1minute, 1234, 117LBS, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 56 invisible), 2,502 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,874
Posts18,518,082
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.