Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jms920
Originally Posted by buddydog
Had a conversation with several senior citizens the other day over coffee. They related that after morning coffee, they divide up which stores to hit for 22LR ammo of any kind. They rotate stores daily to avoid boredom. If ammo is located, they text each other, while waiting for the other to arrive, they hide the ammo if out of clerks site, and buy everything once the group arrives. Why? They advertise or take to gun shows for resale to supplement social security checks. None of these guys are shooters!

Urban legends.

Regardless of their level of fame, I'm betting some of them live out in the country.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I just gave away a case and a half of Depends yesterday.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
used?

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
reloads

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by tmitch
Got a Cheaper Than Dirt mag today. The have Bosnian Tulammo .22 lr 250 for $38. I don't need it that bad.

I don't even open them anymore. They go straight into the recycling. I'd email them and tell them to remove me from their mailing list, but I figure at the usurious prices they charge I can add their rag to the paper I donate to the local fund raisers.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dubePA
In some forums, GFY now seems to be the current standard greeting for those enamored of each other. Probably better than Xs and Os?

Forget who started that, but Travis would likely claim it as his own?

wink eek whistle sick

I tend to use ES&D for day to day use and GFY for good friends

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I made a Cabelas run Thursday and they had Blazer .22 ammo for $2.99 a box with a 2 box limit per person. My wife was with me so we got 4 boxes.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
I made a Cabelas run Thursday and they had Blazer .22 ammo for $2.99 a box with a 2 box limit per person. My wife was with me so we got 4 boxes.

I went to Cabelas yesterday and picked up a brick of Blazer at $27.99. Too bad my wife wasn't with me.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
And I'll bet at over 3 bucks a gallon for gas they are spending mor than the are making. At the gunshows I personally haven't seen the mega priced 22 selling.

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
I lucked out and picked up 6 bricks of Federal 550 packs at Walmart yesterday.

And, there were no retired fellas anywhere to be found!!!!

Kevlars

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
HOARDER! Common-sense people have no legitimate need for that much ammo!!!!! laugh laugh laugh

LOL
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Originally Posted by Fireball2
HOARDER! Common-sense people have no legitimate need for that much ammo!!!!! laugh laugh laugh

Who said I had any common sense!

Kevlars

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
do you mention the birddog65 in your article ?? I've been shooting pellets and posting stuff on the campfire for years now.

If you really like something,you better buy two!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by toad
used?

\.|.. :-)-|-<

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I cant wait for all the old hoarders to kick over and buy all that ammo at half price at the flea markets and garage sales.!!

If you really like something,you better buy two!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by birddog65
I cant wait for all the old hoarders to kick over and buy all that ammo at half price at the flea markets and garage sales.!!

Nope I am shootin mine at young punks wantin ammo laugh

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Why are people who are old enough to have seen shortages before ,due to politics considered hoarders in the first place?It's the the guys and gals under 50 who have been ill prepared and are doing the scalping right now . Every fokking scalper I've seen has been a 30 or 40 something. Magnum Man

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Magnum_Man
Why are people who are old enough to have seen shortages before ,due to politics considered hoarders in the first place?It's the the guys and gals under 50 who have been ill prepared and are doing the scalping right now . Every fokking scalper I've seen has been a 30 or 40 something. Magnum Man

Some of us accumulating ammo and Depends are old enough to remember the Gun Control Act of 1968 and the Depends shortage of 2014.

And the vast majority of us have grand kids we have brought up right that will be more than happy to leave piles of empty brass at nearly empty ranges once we have passed.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been building my horde of .22 ammo over the last 25 years, slowly but surely, so that I can now hoard it.

I don't really shoot it, just empty the tens of thousands of rounds I have out on the bed and roll naked in them while laughing villainously at the thought of those who have none. If I still had a mustache I'd twirl it.

Bwaa-haaaa-haaaaa!!!!

BTW, I do have some loose rounds I may sell for ridiculous prices. They could have a few small curly hairs mixed in with them or an odd smell, but they should shoot okay...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I've been building my horde of .22 ammo over the last 25 years, slowly but surely, so that I can now hoard it.

I don't really shoot it, just empty the tens of thousands of rounds I have out on the bed and roll naked in them while laughing villainously at the thought of those who have none. If I still had a mustache I'd twirl it.

Bwaa-haaaa-haaaaa!!!!

BTW, I do have some loose rounds I may sell for ridiculous prices. They could have a few small curly hairs mixed in with them or an odd smell, but they should shoot okay...

Plus 1 Jim!

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

634 members (160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 68 invisible), 2,758 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,830
Posts18,516,953
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.