Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
BluMtn Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Anybody use these. Do they work better than butler creek covers.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Seems there was a post recently on these. Feedback was they were pricey but worked extremely well and are much more heavy duty than BCs

B
BluMtn Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Never thought of the search function. Typed before brain kicked in. Thanks.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by BluMtn
Anybody use these. Do they work better than butler creek covers.

Comparing Aadland lens covers to the Butler Creek lens covers with regard to scope lens protection is like comparing a below ground concrete bunker to a shack made from loading pallets with a tornado roaring toward you. I've got them on two of my scopes, and I'll put another set on a scope I've yet to buy. They are made hell for stout, they're waterproof, and they come with a lifetime guarantee.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The Aadland flip up caps are awesome. We just got done banging them on barricades all weekend. We would have went through 10 sets of broken butler creeks. These are nice and heavy duty. I need to get a couple more sets for sure!

**Premium AR500 Steel targets for a great cause!!! Rounds, Squares, IPSC, coyotes, ETC.

****Check out jcsteeltargets.com****

[Linked Image]
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
If you paid 1K+ for your rifle scope there is no good reason to NOT have Aadland lens covers/protectors to protect that glass. Yeah, they cost a bit more than Butler Creek, but you'll never be able to destroy them or damage them in such a way as they won't work properly (stay closed or open). If you do, you've likely damaged your scope too.

http://www.aadmount.com/

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
These look awesome.

If you have a Leupold, might as well buy the Alumina caps. But for all the other scope companies who haven't threaded the inside of the eye piece and objective for screw-in lens covers (don't know why they all havent) - these look great.

B
BluMtn Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I am running a bikini cover right now and like the way it protects the lens from debris but a PITA if you are in a hurry trying to get them uncovered. Think I will try them.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
crap. no meoptas.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
None made for swaro's?? I guess they are just for tactical . Meoptas too

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well, he started the list on Sniper's Hide. It makes sense he would be flooded by tactical scope measurements. He plans to make Butler Creek lens covers obsolete. He won't be able to do that unless he can provide lens covers for the tactical gang and for the hunters.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Well, he started the list on Sniper's Hide. It makes sense he would be flooded by tactical scope measurements. He plans to make Butler Creek lens covers obsolete. He won't be able to do that unless he can provide lens covers for the tactical gang and for the hunters.
If he want's to get really busy, he needs to offer them for the more common 3-9X40 sized scopes. Once he does that I'd bet that production won't keep up with demand. Untill then, it's a yawner for me...

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
How many people are going to spend $100.00 for a set of flip-up lens caps for $200 ~ $300 scopes? My guess is not many. If he went into volume production for those type scopes I think he'd be stuck with a lot of very nice flip-up lens caps that he couldn't sell.

I'm sure Jon will be heartbroken that his efforts, very successful efforts, are a real "yawner" for you.

lol

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Other than assumed durability, that design offers nothing on the BC. He should have recessed that release button further away from the eye. That is the one thing that bothers me about BC. Also, do you really need to make the button red?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Other than assumed durability, that design offers nothing on the BC. He should have recessed that release button further away from the eye. That is the one thing that bothers me about BC. Also, do you really need to make the button red?

Unless the two sets I have are completely different than ALL the others he has manufactured you can remove the "assumed" from in front of durability. He kept breaking BCs. That was his main reason for making them. As far as the other two features you mentioned you'd have to ask him why he designed the release button as he did. Those are features of BCs that never bothered me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
How many people are going to spend $100.00 for a set of flip-up lens caps for $200 ~ $300 scopes? My guess is not many. If he went into volume production for those type scopes I think he'd be stuck with a lot of very nice flip-up lens caps that he couldn't sell.

I'm sure Jon will be heartbroken that his efforts, very successful efforts, are a real "yawner" for you.

lol
Because all 3-9X40ish scopes only cost $2-300... Similarly, while the percentage of purchasers will be lower, there's so many more out there that I still think he'd up sales volume. I pretty sure he could sell more to guys with 40mm objective Leupolds than all the 72mm obj scopes every sold! So, until he makes something I'd buy it'll be a yawner...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Swarovski makes their own scope covers now...

I'd like to get the Aadlands for my Leupy Vx3 But they wont even answer an email after 2 weeks.. poor service showing

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Boman
Swarovski makes their own scope covers now...

I'd like to get the Aadlands for my Leupy Vx3 But they wont even answer an email after 2 weeks.. poor service showing

More like extremely busy manufacturing his AADLANDs for his huge backlog of orders along with having to stop on occasion and re-tool to fit another scope some has sent measurements in for. Obviously, he wants a storefront Esite, where you can point and click to find your scope and order the AADLANDs for it.

He's swamped

He's overwhelmed

He'll get to you; send another Email.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by pointer
So, until he makes something I'd buy it'll be a yawner...

His covers fit tight. I'd bet there are large enough manufactuing differences in the diameter of the objective and ocular among a run of 200 of the same $200 scope that the AADLANDs would fit some but not others.

I think when he starts making them for Leupolds in the $500 and up range he'll have more orders than he can fill in a year.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Funny thing is, since posting I have broken a BC cover. Friggen plastic split right down the middle between the flip tabs. Cap was only a few months old. I hear the new ones are junk, maybe so...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (Anaconda, 308ld, 35, BamBam, AnthonyB, 9 invisible), 1,887 guests, and 817 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,740
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.