Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm not worried about the pain meds after. Sitting on Percocet and Clonazapam here for a bit. Should help.

Me

GB1

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Thinking I'm a little more worried about why they WANT the sample. I mean, to me it's not a little thing so they must think there's something special worth looking at with it.

Me

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dang Andrew---Pulling for ya' man. Godspeed for whatever is messing with your body.

My Mother asked me about a small rash just today. Now I am going to definitely get it checked. Was the pain before or after the rash?

Hang in there!

David

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Wife's had several...she said "3". I've had one, I said "6". Guess I'm a p uzzy!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by teal
Thinking I'm a little more worried about why they WANT the sample. I mean, to me it's not a little thing so they must think there's something special worth looking at with it.

The reason why is in the last paragraph:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...pura/basics/tests-diagnosis/con-20034239

When is this biopsy ?

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
i once let the ER doc scrape burnt skin off my hands with no pain meds, it was interesting, he was surprised i was able to take the pain.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Thursday am. EARLY so maybe I can sleep through it.

Me

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by byc
Dang Andrew---Pulling for ya' man. Godspeed for whatever is messing with your body.

My Mother asked me about a small rash just today. Now I am going to definitely get it checked. Was the pain before or after the rash?

Hang in there!

David

Pain was before - way before and to a level where I couldn't walk. Literally could not walk so I went into the doc.

Me

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Originally Posted by teal

The reason why is in the last paragraph:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...pura/basics/tests-diagnosis/con-20034239

When is this biopsy ?

I'm not convinced it's only ITP as it doesn't explain the extreme pain in the feet or elbows (at times). I'm also not having any issue with bleeding, anywhere/time or place. They even checked my urine for broken down blood. Negative.

Also had hypersensitivity in my ears. Outer edge of my ears hurt and were swollen like frost bite.

At the peak, my feet had good circulation, strong pulse but were easily 5 to 6 degrees colder than my shin, only 4 inches away.

I'm now up to 5 doctors and at least 4 nurse practitioners (losing count on all) tell me that my situation is weird, they don't have any idea what's going on and I'm a friken rubiks cube to them.

Last edited by teal; 03/18/14.

Me

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Didn't someone post a "prescription drug" thread here awhile ago. Might want to check that one out for reference.

Good Luck with the procedure.

IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Always get the pain meds. If you don't need them , I'll take em for you!

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Andrew,

Best of luck with the procedure and prognosis. Some things are just harder to find and harder to diagnose. Keep us posted.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Isn't is a shame after what doctors charge these days they aren't required to give you a warranty?

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I would rate it as a five to six. Far from the most painful procedure I've had but not pleasant.

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Teal, are you still in pain now? Did it abate some when you started the prednisone? I believe the biopsy is more to rule out than rule in. And that's a good thing. You're in good hands.

We'll be thinking good thoughts early Thursday.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Done with the biopsy. Hurt worse than I expected but didn't take long. Hard to describe the feeling but it wasn't pleasant. Probably felt worse because you sort of know what he's doing in there - jabbing a hole in your bone.

He really had to dig on me to get through the bone or whatever. Did it twice to get what he needed. The actual removal of the marrow wasn't too bad.

Rolling on the oxycodone and some McDonald's hash browns.

I'll live but I have a feeling I'll be a lot more sore in a few hours.

Me

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Comparing anything to child birth is BS. Modern women get epidurals. Worst pain I ever felt was getting a shot in my disc. The second worst was kidney stone. I had them pull bone out of my hip for a wrist fusion, but I was under general. Sore for a few days, and just make sure you don't sneeze for two days or you will talk to God.

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Once had to have some surgery on my upper lip due to a dog bite.

Injecting the lidocain (?) into your lip wasn't a fun one. Especially because he had to do it in about 6 different places.

Later I could then smell my own flesh burning as he cauterized his work. Made sense as it's directly under your nose but it's a weird thought - smelling your own lip on fire.

Me

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Comparing anything to child birth is BS.

I'd agree with this. Woman has a kid, within 2 years they're talking about having another one. No one would go through that much pain twice if it was that bad.

Kick a man in the nuts. No matter how much time nor whiskey goes by - he'll never say "you know, I'd like another swift kick in the nuts - let's do that again"

Me

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
haha, valid point!

Women like to act like they have it so bad. Most women have never even smashed their thumb with a hammer, so I guess they need something to relate.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

339 members (007FJ, 160user, 1lesfox, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 28 invisible), 1,981 guests, and 1,116 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,848
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.