Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
damn goody two shoes. laugh

When I moved from TX back home to WI - I never bothered to change my plates/registration.

Drove around WI/MI for 4 years with expired plates/registration. Didn't get clipped. Saved some money!

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Back in 05 was southbound on Highway 97 in Oregon. Gave it some gas to get to the top of the upgrade and didn't let up going down the other side. Barney Fife was waiting for me at the bottom.

I could see the dollar signs in his eyes.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
2004 I was pulled over for doing 45 in a 35 on a newly built 4 laner down the road from my house. Cop was cool about it though and gave me a warning and sent me on my way. That was a first for me.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F

You ain't kidding. Most everyone posting has been decades.

Last time I was pulled over was last week. While driving to California at night, a Highway Patrol was parked on the shoulder of I-40. After driving past him, he pulled me over. He had an attitude. My brights were on - said I should have dimmed them. Let me off with a warning.

Prior to that it was in 2009. Speeding.

Prior to that it was 1993. Speeding.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My inspection sticker had expired.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
DAMN!!
Bet y'all don't piss in the shower either!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Probably about... geez.. counting back vehicles to figure it out. Best guess is 6 years ago, driving home from scouting and working on my hunting land. Doing 72 in a 65 in late October through rural Nebraska with loaded Savage 99 on the passenger side and shotgun laying across the rear seats.

Had a nice discussion with the sheriff deputy about the deer population and prospects for hunting in November. Got a verbal warning and told to have a safe drive home.

Get stopped about every 5-8 years for a warning. Only one speeding ticket in 36 years of driving.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Mine was about 17 years ago, they had just changed the speed limit on a road I had driven for years from 55 to 45 and I didn't notice. My soon to be wife was riding with me and needed a bathroom. We stopped at the only country store for miles and it was closed for a week while the owners were on vacation. Hopped back on the road to make it to the next little town and pushed it a little. Sherrif deputy pulled me over doing 68. As he walked up to the truck he looked at hard at my NRA sticker in the back window and I thought I might have caught a break. Well, he wrote me a reckless driving ticket cuz I was doing 23mph over the speed limit. When I went to court I thought I caught another break as the prosecutor asked if I would just like to knock it down to standard speeding. Later I find the charge was still reckless they just made a deal on the fine and I paid for many years for that ticket on my insurance. Since then I am very careful about making sure I obey the speed laws.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I get pulled over all the time, never seem to get a ticket though. Last one was in 1994 doing 95 in a 55, he was nice enough to write me for 74 in a 55, said he would have to take me to jail for reckless driving if it was more than 19 over.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A couple weeks ago. Borrowed a big rig from a friend to haul a load of corn. Got pulled over for a routine inspection. Trooper wasn't happy when he saw I didn't have a CDL ( don't need one hauling agricultural goods within 150 miles of home). Spent 2 hours on the side of the road and had to call someone to come get me. He said "I think you violated every regulation in the book". I am going to fight it though.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I get pulled over pretty regularly for light problems with various trailors, which I tow frequently. Last time was for a tail light on the truck though. I drive slow normally.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Last time I was pulled over was yesterday. Did not come to a full stop at a stop sign, but was pretty darn close to a full stop.

Cop was very professional and came across as a pretty good guy. Especially when I only got a warning ticket, and learned a lesson.

Before yesterday, I had not be pulled over in about 15 years.

Steve

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Last time was about 5 years ago, doing 41 in a 30 at the bottom of a long hill where the radar was waiting. I really did think it was a 35 mile zone. He let me off with a warning.

The times I was pulled over for a traffic violation (except once) were just about the only times I've interacted with a polite and professional LEO. Every time I've gone to the police for help or to take care of a routine administrative matter, somewhere in the conversation they've told me they "will throw my f*cking ass in jail".

Got pulled over in my 69 Cuda 340 doing 110 in a 60 - got a warning.

Got pulled over doing 75 in a 35 on a Norton 750 Commando - got a warning.

Got pulled over doing 41 in a 30 in a Honda CRV as mentioned above - got a warning.

Got pulled over doing 31 in a 20 on a street that until just before that was a 25 zone. Got a ticket. Really!? I'm thinking karma finally bit me for the excessive speeding I got away with in my younger days. wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Got pulled over last month doing 58 in a 25 in and during a school zone. Got a verbal warning grin

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know why, but stopping at a stop sign seems to be a lost art. We have a 4 way stop right at the corner of our hospital and sometimes I've stood there on the sidewalk and watched as car after car rolls through them.

Same on residential streets. Slow down, slow down - drive on through. Sometimes I think I'm the only person left in Boise who actually stops at a stop sign.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by flagstaff

You ain't kidding. Most everyone posting has been decades.

Last time I was pulled over was last week. While driving to California at night, a Highway Patrol was parked on the shoulder of I-40. After driving past him, he pulled me over. He had an attitude. My brights were on - said I should have dimmed them. Let me off with a warning.

Prior to that it was in 2009. Speeding.

Prior to that it was 1993. Speeding.

He wanted you to dim your lights for a parked vehicle? Screw that. Unless his parking lights were on I'd have left my brights on too, just to be able to see and avoid the parked car better.

On a related note, about 2 months ago I pulled out onto the main road from my side road while on my way to work and was faced with an oncoming vehicle that had it's brights on. I flicked my brights at him and he dimmed his immediately. When he went by I could see that it was a county Sheriff's dept SUV. I half expected him to turn around and stop me, but he kept on his way.

The next week, I pulled out at the same intersection and had the same thing - bright lights in my face. I flicked my brights at the oncoming vehicle and the lights went dim. As the vehicle went by I could see that it was the same damn Sheriff's dept. SUV.

I hope I taught him a lesson. wink

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Last time was 1985. Got a "fuel economy" ticket as the speed limit had changed from 70 to 55 on the local freeway, and I was doing 70.

Nowdays I just drive the speed limit.

Virgil B.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
got pulled over for expired reg.
notified the officer that I had a pistol in the glove box.
he asked if it was loaded, I replied yes isn't yours.
officer said yes otherwise it's just an expensive hammer.
he ran the gun and told me to register online.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In the past, I've been picked up for so many things, I couldn't begin to count....

Last time, 2-3 years ago...lead foot syndrome.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The last time I was pulled over was '97 and it was the only time I can say I was "hassled by the man". I had an old beater car and was driving through town coming back from lunch. I wasn't speeding, hadn't run a red or made any other illegal moves. They pulled me over and told me my license plate was too dirty to read, which it was. Took a snowball, cleaned it off and we were good.

Last interaction with the police traffic related was in '99 the same car, somebody pulled out right in front of me on the way home from work, icy roads and all I could do was slide right into them totaling my junker.

Last ticket I received was either '93 or '94. I was driving down I-5 around Stockton returning from the Sierras to the Bay Area. Speed Limit was 65 and I was doing 80-85. I had a feeling I was being followed but kept going just a tad faster than the flow. Got pulled over, he said he'd been following for me for miles and I was going consistently faster than traffic so he popped me. Most courteous and professional peace officer I've dealt with.

I've assuredly been deserving of tickets many times since then, but generally follow the rule of 9 your fine, 10 your mine and try to keep within 5-7 over the speed limit. That and our roads are so poorly paved there aren't that many stretches where you can safely open it up.

A more interesting thread might be, what's the fastest you've driven on public roads, or the most you've driven over a speed limit.

Last edited by 458 Lott; 03/21/14.
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,468 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,593
Posts18,492,188
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.