Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
djs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
The USS Liberty, a US Navy signals ship, was deliberately attacked in 1967 by a US ally, killing 34 US servicemen and wounding 171. How many here remember the incident?

I have visited the National Security Agency Museum (Ft. Meade, MD) and the Cold War Museum (Vint Hill, VA); both have exhibits on the Liberty, but most of the incident remains classified, even after the passage of 47 years. In a 2001 Toronto Sun (Ontario, Canada) opinion column called for a public airing of the incident, but just like other calls for openness, nothing happened.

Most Americans are unaware of the attack and many who do seem indifferent. The Pueblo attack by North Korea still arouses anger and emotion, but not the Liberty attack. Even on this Forum, many continue to defend the attackers. Why?

Here's a reference to the opinion piece.

http://www.coldwar.org/articles/60s/uss_liberty.asp

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Without knowing much about it, it seems that another Democrat in charge may have been doing things that would not stand the light of day. I figure there is a reason that it was covered up. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
D
djs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Miles, I met a survivor of the USS Liberty (he was wounded in the arm by shrapnel) when he bought a car from my sister in late summer 1967. I have never understood how we, as a nation and forgetting the politicians desire to keep it quiet, have just let the incident die. Shame.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Posted before when this subject came up:

�Despite more than a dozen investigations and inquires, no one including those who accuse Israel of an deliberate attack have ever explained why they would do that.

Meanwhile after all those years, it is still Israel and US against those who have promised the world the next Holocaust. One that will include all infidels sooner or later.

None of Israel's accusers can explain why Israel would deliberately attack an American ship at a time when the United States was Israel's only friend and supporter in the world.

Ten official United States investigations and three official Israeli inquiries have all conclusively established the attack was a tragic mistake.�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I remember.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I remember and I blame U.S. Politicians not the Israelis.

My guess is they knew why that boat was a danger to them.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have spent several hours talking to and listening to some one abourd the ship that day. Both governments knew it was there, and both have schit to hide.

Sean
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
The US response to Israel's attack on the Liberty probably led Iraq to the attack on the USS Stark. After the attack we sent arms to Iraq to fight Iran.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Ten official United States investigations and three official Israeli inquiries have all conclusively established the attack was a tragic mistake.�

BS, those kikenvermin knew exactly what they were doing!!! F*ck that schitty little nationette.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BS, those kikenvermin knew exactly what they were doing!!!

I would think so but we don't know what LBJ was doing to provoke it. That big eared SOB got a lot of people killed for no reason than makes any sense. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I remember. We may have been their only friend at the time, but Israel didn't fully trust us then and, I bet, don't even now. In 1967, I don't think Israel trusted anyone. The USS Liberty was in the wrong place and got too close while spying on our "friend". International waters? Check your navigation charts again skipper.

In stark contrast is the USS Pueblo, which was in international waters when attacked by a country we didn't like, a puppet of our biggest adversary, the USSR. The crew capture probably generated more distaste from the public than did the attack itself, which is why we won't forgive North Korea.

"A free people (claim) their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate."
--Thomas Jefferson, Rights of British America, 1774
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by siskiyous6
I remember and I blame U.S. Politicians not the Israelis. .

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

-Voltaire

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
OK, try this�
Posted before when this subject came up:

�Despite more than a dozen investigations and inquires, no one including those who accuse Israel of an deliberate attack have ever explained why they would do that.

Meanwhile after all those years, it is still Israel and US against those who have promised the world the next Holocaust. One that will include all infidels sooner or later.

None of Israel's accusers can explain why Israel would deliberately attack an American ship at a time when the United States was Israel's only friend and supporter in the world.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by milespatton
BS, those kikenvermin knew exactly what they were doing!!!

I would think so but we don't know what LBJ was doing to provoke it. That big eared SOB got a lot of people killed for no reason than makes any sense. miles

We were listening in on two sides of an "incedent", and talking out of two sides of our mouth.

Sean
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I remember it well. The true cause will probably never be known but it is a great example if damage control. Those guys fought hard and never gave up,

Former DC2 who became a MR1.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The USS Liberty was in the area to keep the American government informed of what was going on there.

Israel didn't want the U.S. government to be informed.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Seems like the McCains getting bought off by Jews goes back some.
[video:youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_VYNWAqn7o&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
WHY?

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
WHY?

The information is at your fingertips.

Find out.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
WHY?

See my post.

Sean
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

632 members (10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 63 invisible), 2,044 guests, and 1,362 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,185
Posts18,523,843
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.