Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Here is a link to a scientific study showing that vegetarians ain't all their cracked up to be.

Vegetarian Study

"Conclusions

Our study has shown that Austrian adults who consume a vegetarian diet are less healthy (in terms of cancer, allergies, and mental health disorders), have a lower quality of life, and also require more medical treatment. Therefore, a continued strong public health program for Austria is required in order to reduce the health risk due to nutritional factors. Moreover, our results emphasize the necessity of further studies in Austria, for a more in-depth analysis of the health effects of different dietary habits."

GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The optimal human diet is comprised of 30/30/40 (protein,fat, carbs). Not much chance of achieving that much protein and avoiding meat. Maybe with a lot of dairy and eggs, but still difficult.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Never met a vegan who looked healthy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know a guy who went vegetarian for a year. He's a super active type of fellow, always mountain biking or kayaking. He claims it was the worst year of his life, health-wise. He was sick all the time and felt terrible.

I'll say that I feel my best when I'm eating my "spring-summer" diet, which is post hunting season, lol. Minimal grains (except some oats), minimal dairy, almost all fresh meats, vegetables, fruits, and eggs. I throw in some taters and rice if needed. I cut back the alcohol too. After a few weeks of that, a person feels great. Great enough that a plate of fried stuff or a big greasy pizza will make you feel like death. Makes you realize that you are likely feeling like that all the time when you are eating like that all the time (me, during hunting season).

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tjm10025

yup and weren't a little kooky in the brain either.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by JPro

I'll say that I feel my best when I'm eating my "spring-summer" diet, which is post hunting season, lol. Minimal grains (except some oats), minimal dairy, almost all fresh meats, vegetables, fruits, and eggs. I throw in some taters and rice if needed. I cut back the alcohol too. After a few weeks of that, a person feels great. Great enough that a plate of fried stuff or a big greasy pizza will make you feel like death. Makes you realize that you are likely feeling like that all the time when you are eating like that all the time (me, during hunting season).

I'll second that motion.... You don't realize it until you're "clean" for a while.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Our American Natives define a vegetarian, as Bad Hunter!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I know a guy who went vegetarian for a year. He's a super active type of fellow, always mountain biking or kayaking. He claims it was the worst year of his life, health-wise. He was sick all the time and felt terrible.

I've been doing a ketogenic diet which is basically meat, vegetables, greens, eggs, cheeses, and nuts. I feel great. Every week or two I will cheat and eat a bunch of Mexican food. I literally have a hangover like tying on a good drunk. It takes a few days to get right again.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If man wasn't supposed to eat meat, he wouldn't have incisors.

Cowardice is the greatest pandemic that has ever affected mankind.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
One of my first jobs out of high school was driving a van for a mental hospital. I got tasked with going into town every afternoon and picking up supplies. One stop was at a vegetarian supply house. The place stank to high heaven and the employees looked sick unto death. I still shake my head at the thought of a vegan lifestyle.

IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Chicken fry that venison in coconut or olive oil. wink

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
No surprise to me. We're omnivores by nature, not vegetarians.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am a second hand vegetarian. Cows eat grass. I eats cows.

There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor polite, nor popular -- but one must ask, "Is it right?"

Martin Luther King, Jr.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I didn't need a study to tell me the obvious.

OTOH, it gives us ammo to fight back with.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Originally Posted by tjm10025

yup and weren't a little kooky in the brain either.

I agree with that, although "raving lunatic" would suit better.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Wasn't Hitler a vegetarian?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by WyoJoe

Gotta remember that one!

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As already said, the humans are, by nature and physiology, omnivores. You can go vegetarian and be perfectly healthy, but it takes some knowledge and vigilance to do it. Getting enough complete protein, certain minerals, and vitamin B12 are the main challenges. It can be done, but most people who choose to become vegetarians don't spend the time and energy to research it. Many approach it from the mindset and strategy of "avoiding" certain types of food, rather than building a healthy diet from the ground up.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Vegetarian's don't live longer.

They just look older.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by WyoJoe

Laffin . . .

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

411 members (16penny, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 11point, 1beaver_shooter, 58 invisible), 2,573 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,668
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.