Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 19 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 18 19
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The same thread started today, would see lots of those people who hurled insults agreeing with the premise of the original post. You can see the evolution of it all here on this board.

Eyes are opening all over the country. Is it too late? I suppose time will tell. But don't kid yourself, lots of those "decent" guys who have families and kids and give you a friendly nod when you see them in their yards, would round you up and send you wherever they were directed if it was covered under the color of law and if their salaries and pensions depended on it.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Cossatotjoe
JLHEARD

IT IS NOT ABOUT THE GOOD COPS OR BAD COPS! It is about cops and their role in society.
I've been trying to get that point across for years, Joe. They cannot (or will not) hear it.

The role of law enforcement within society is to prevent chaos. Why do we have LEO's? Because citizens want them.

I've been to places off the world where there are no LEO's and I'd take what we have here a million times over compared to what was there.

In the absence of police, thugs rule.

The rule of law itself can only exist when the law is protected and enforced.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
JLHEARD

IT IS NOT ABOUT THE GOOD COPS OR BAD COPS! It is about cops and their role in society.
I've been trying to get that point across for years, Joe. They cannot (or will not) hear it.

The role of law enforcement within society is to prevent chaos. Why do we have LEO's? Because citizens want them.

I've been to places off the world where there are no LEO's and I'd take what we have here a million times over compared to what was there.

That just isn't true. I grew up in a town with no police and in a county of 600 square miles and sheriff's department of about five guys. For all intents and purposes, there were no police at all most of the time. And before fifty years before that, there was one sheriff and one or two deputies for the entire county. And no, thugs did not rule. People were quite capable of handling themselves and the rule of law without constant supervision by government agents.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Robert_White
Matthius

I am going to disagree with you again on this. Germany had a parlimentary system before Hitler. Now, Hitler's party got the largest single percentage of the vote of any party in the Reichstag elections that year. In a Parlimentary system that means as leader of his party, he was entitled to a position of leadership in the government. Everyone knew this going in before the election and those voting for Hitler knew that Hitler could come to power if he got enough of the vote. Yes, Hitler was supposed to be at the head of a coalition government and he soon ignored the rest of the coalition and made himself dictator. But the fact remains, that as head of the party receiving the most votes in the Reichstag, he was entitled to a position of power under the Parlimentary system.

The point of the whole comparison to Hitler being elected is that just because an official is initially elected does not mean that he is incorruptible or incapable of using that position for personal gain. I did not wish to discuss the intricacies of pre-war German politics.

Here is what I beleive we can agree on. Hitler's party received the largest single amount of votes in the 1933 elections. He used this seeming legitimacy as a springboard to greater power. He used this greater power to the detrimate of many people. We must be vigilent that something similar does not happen here. It could happen here as that the natural tendency of all governments is to grasp power. A terrible situation in this country, similiar to the problems faced by the Weimar Republic, could make us vunerable to unscrupulous men or women. These persons will almost assuredly be elected to some position before they make any outright grab for power. We must also be vigilent against creeping government power and understand that just because we vote, it does not always mean that we can undo any harm by means of another vote.

Amen to this...

We must educate those few left who have ears to hear that our Republic is ruled by laws, not the whim of 51%, and all of those laws must be subservient to "the laws of nature and nature's God..."
Welcome, Robert. You sure found a great old thread. Didn't realize it was old at first. I thought, at first, that Joe had returned to the Fire. Oh well.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JoeBob
The same thread started today, would see lots of those people who hurled insults agreeing with the premise of the original post. You can see the evolution of it all here on this board.

Eyes are opening all over the country. Is it too late? I suppose time will tell. But don't kid yourself, lots of those "decent" guys who have families and kids and give you a friendly nod when you see them in their yards, would round you up and send you wherever they were directed if it was covered under the color of law and if their salaries and pensions depended on it.
Absolutely.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JoeBob

That just isn't true. I grew up in a town with no police and in a county of 600 square miles and sheriff's department of about five guys. For all intents and purposes, there were no police at all most of the time. And before fifty years before that, there was one sheriff and one or two deputies for the entire county. And no, thugs did not rule. People were quite capable of handling themselves and the rule of law without constant supervision by government agents.
Right, because the law empowered all decent folks to maintain the peace, even through force if need be, and the law would support their actions, thus few got far out of line.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by curdog4570

You dodged it and I doubt it will be answered by anyone else. But I ain't reading the whole thread to determine that.

Lawdog appears to have left the 'Fire back in '05. I don't think you're going to get a response from him any time soon.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is awesome....A ten year old thread and TRH responded to it five times in less than an hour.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
This is awesome....A ten year old thread and TRH responded to it five times in less than an hour.

seems like only yesterdecade.

Is that a word?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Robert White, I'm glad you bumped this thread because it'll probably distract people from starting a new one just like for a couple of hours.

But how did you find it?

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
JLHEARD

Oh, they hear it and knew it even before you made the point.

They just like the power, profit, and privilege of the improper role in society that they have seized better than their proper role; and they mean to hold onto it no matter the cost in our blood and treasure.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
It's easy to pick out the ones with back up time and on probation amongst us.

Pinkeye simply retaliates because of the reality check he lacked the skillset. If he can't join them, think of HS to beat on them, sort of thing.

It is amusing to read these posts from urban folks who have all this experience with LE. I live in a area with over 2000 cops and I never see them accept for a occasional traffic stop or in court.

One has to be a special type of character to have all this insight into LE. Well, that and dumb assed websites for the dumb asses of this world.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by isaac

Pinkeye simply retaliates because of the reality check he lacked the skillset. If he can't join them, think of HS to beat on them, sort of thing.

It is amusing to read these posts from urban folks who have all this experience with LE. I live in a area with over 2000 cops and I never see them accept for a occasional traffic stop or in court.

One has to be a special type of character to have all this insight into LE. Well, that and dumb assed websites for the dumb asses of this world.
Isaac, once again, I implore you to open up with us and tell us if psychopaths like yourself suffer the slightest twinge of conscience when you tell malicious lies about folks. Or does it just slip by without friction? I'm telling you, you'd be contributing massively to the field of clinical psychology. The inner workings of the minds of confirmed psychopaths is a very hot issue right now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Isaac, once again, I implore you to open up with us and tell us if psychopaths like yourself suffer the slightest twinge of conscience when you tell malicious lies about folks. Or does it just slip by without friction? I'm telling you, you'd be contributing massively to the field of clinical psychology. The inner workings of the minds of confirmed psychopaths is a very hot issue right now.

Look within. The answers should be obvious.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
TFF. You really don't think for one second anyone believed your dumb ass as to why you were tossed, do you?

An unqualified black man got my spot because of affirmative action...what a crock of schit.

And, after all your professional setbacks, with countless professions, black teenaged boys still want to print tire tracks on your spandex covered fat ass.

You must be greatly misunderstood.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Viciousness is most of the time an indication of lack of intelligence and imagination.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Perpetual dumb [bleep] are also a indication of a lack of intelligence.

William Arthur Ward

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
JLHEARD

You have just been duped by the teleprompters and sharp uniforms.

[Linked Image]

You can not hear and see past them to recognize that the spit and polish is the only thing that separates the current syndicate of politicians and police here and the village headman and his thugs in whichever of the many Zimongostans of which you write.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Perpetual dumb [bleep] are also a indication of a lack of intelligence.

Apparently, you would know.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How exactly would you know that your spot was taken because of affirmative action?

Do you just start off with the assumption that you're better and smarter than black people and go from there?

Last edited by Bluedreaux; 04/03/14.

Page 11 of 19 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (12savage, 1lessdog, 1936M71, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 160user, 57 invisible), 2,532 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,679
Posts18,474,913
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.