Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
ObamaCare passed in Pelosi�s House and she said we can read it later.

�The final vote tally for the Senate version of President Obama's health care reform legislation in the House was 219-212, with 34 Democrats joining all Republicans in opposition

58 Democrat Senators voted yea. 39 Republicans voted no with one not voting.

A total of 277 House and Senate Democrats voted for ObamaCare and 251 Republican and Democrats voted against.
Ain�t nobody running nor bragging about voting for this mess.

�With elections approaching, Democratic members of Congress are fleeing and disavowing President Obama�s big central government agenda.�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
The GOP does not and has not ever wanted this debacle to go away. They want to control it (and control us to a greater degree) while claiming credit for "fixing" it.
And there you go.

Personally, I don't lose ANY sleep over Obamacare. Our healthcare system was failing before O-care, and now it's just failing faster. It WILL fall flat on it's face at some point, with or without Obamacare.

Every year we pay more money for less coverage...that's been going on for the past 15 or more years at least. That is not sustainable. At some point, we'll pay $1,000.00 per month, per person for pretty much no coverage. It's a joke.

When it falls on it's face, that's when we'll get saddled with socialized medicine.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GunGeek
The GOP does not and has not ever wanted this debacle to go away. They want to control it (and control us to a greater degree) while claiming credit for "fixing" it.
And there you go.

Personally, I don't lose ANY sleep over Obamacare. Our healthcare system was failing before O-care, and now it's just failing faster. It WILL fall flat on it's face at some point, with or without Obamacare.

Every year we pay more money for less coverage...that's been going on for the past 15 or more years at least. That is not sustainable. At some point, we'll pay $1,000.00 per month, per person for pretty much no coverage. It's a joke.

When it falls on it's face, that's when we'll get saddled with socialized medicine.

By gov't design.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And there you go.

By gov't design.

Yes and no...It is now, certainly. But the problems that lead to it, weren't specifically by government design.

The problem is the AMA and the ABA; which are two VERY powerful lobbies. The ABA has done a fine job of getting us where we are with the Ambulance chaser attorneys that sue over anything and everything.

Now they'll ensure that nothing else but socialized medicine will ever have a chance. Because for the private sector to work, you HAVE to have tort reform, and the ABA will make sure that never happens.

And with the Citizens United ruling, we've handed over our entire political processes to corporations and special interest. So we're rather screwed. There will come a point where we may actually look forward to socialized medicine if you can imagine such a thing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

Even those who have signed up are looking at much higher costs with fewer doctors and hospitals.

As always happens when voters get hurt; they show up and vote.

not necessarily true, cousin has an old boyfriend, former drug dealer, current and long time heavy user.

hasn't had a steady job in years

he has some real health issues these days

so she took him to a Dr.

he needs surgery

soooo he signed up for healthcare

turns out he signed up for Obamacare

this is what he posted about it

"i just got obamacare for zero deductuble for zero dollars a month with 1500 bucks tax break at the end of the year THATS [bleep] AFFORDABLE"

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Obama knows his constituency. I'm sure NWA thinks this is great stuff!

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Can you name one Republican who voted for Obamacare? To be bi-partisan there would have to be at least one?

John Roberts. Supreme Court Justice.

Congress didn't 'stop it'. There are ways when they want to.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
And there you go.

Obamacare is such a miserable failure, that the ultimate single payer goal is going down the drain with it.

Ain�t gonna be anyone running in this election who ever heard of socialized medicine.
We will hear a lot about different versions of the Rep. Tom Price alternative health-care legislation.

After this election, won�t be enough left to push any big government healthcare programs.

They may salvage a couple of pieces such as pre-condition coverage and age 27, but that is about it. Pressure to send it all to the state levels will be tremendous.

Losing both Houses, Obama can�t stop it�hell, he has already killed half his program.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
ALL politicians shyt in the same hat....

Then try to feed us from it....

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And there you go.

Obamacare is such a miserable failure, that the ultimate single payer goal is going down the drain with it.

Ain�t gonna be anyone running in this election who ever heard of socialized medicine.
We will hear a lot about different versions of the Rep. Tom Price alternative health-care legislation.

After this election, won�t be enough left to push any big government healthcare programs.

They may salvage a couple of pieces such as pre-condition coverage and age 27, but that is about it. Pressure to send it all to the state levels will be tremendous.

Losing both Houses, Obama can�t stop it�hell, he has already killed half his program.

Delusional, as the GOP wants this power as much as the DNC.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And there you go.

By gov't design.

Yes and no...It is now, certainly. But the problems that lead to it, weren't specifically by government design.

The problem is the AMA and the ABA; which are two VERY powerful lobbies. The ABA has done a fine job of getting us where we are with the Ambulance chaser attorneys that sue over anything and everything.

Now they'll ensure that nothing else but socialized medicine will ever have a chance. Because for the private sector to work, you HAVE to have tort reform, and the ABA will make sure that never happens.

And with the Citizens United ruling, we've handed over our entire political processes to corporations and special interest. So we're rather screwed. There will come a point where we may actually look forward to socialized medicine if you can imagine such a thing.

And which "parties" (aka heads of the same snake) do you believe those interests control?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Delusional, as the GOP wants this power as much as the DNC.

Delusional? Nobody in the GOP, not even the RINOs voted for this mess.
Even the Dems are bailing out. They never heard of Obama nor his healthcare�

Delusional? Show me your numbers�

Show me where I am wrong. The numbers are rolling in; piling up on top of each other.

Rasmussen polls Support for ObamaCare is now down to 39 percent and 58 percent against.

We were promised a $2,500 cut per family. The numbers are in. unless you are subsidized, the increase is $500 to $8,900 per person or over $22,000 for an average family. That is for plans that cover a lot of things they don�t need or want and leaves out many thing they do need and want. Like their choice of doctors and hospitals.

That is what those 5 million enrollees are facing with more bad news to come.

Nothing turns out voters like pocketbook issues. That is how we got the 2010 conservative landslide election and the numbers are far worse for ObamaCare today.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Can you name one Republican who voted for Obamacare? To be bi-partisan there would have to be at least one?

John Roberts. Supreme Court Justice.
An EXCELLENT point sir..

I hope he rots in Hell...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

Even those who have signed up are looking at much higher costs with fewer doctors and hospitals.

As always happens when voters get hurt; they show up and vote.

not necessarily true, cousin has an old boyfriend, former drug dealer, current and long time heavy user.

hasn't had a steady job in years

he has some real health issues these days

so she took him to a Dr.

he needs surgery

soooo he signed up for healthcare

turns out he signed up for Obamacare

this is what he posted about it

"i just got obamacare for zero deductuble for zero dollars a month with 1500 bucks tax break at the end of the year THATS [bleep] AFFORDABLE"

This illustrates one of the BIG problems with ObamaCare. Who will pay the costs for all the freeloaders and subsidized enrollees?

�Most of Obamacare�s major provisions went into effect on Jan. 1, 2014, so we�re only now starting to see the wide-ranging impact of this statute. First, the costs. When the ACA was enacted, healthcare was just over $2.6 trillion per year. Now it�s over $2.8 trillion, an increase of four percent. Even with U.S. population growth of nine million in the past two years, that�s an increase of $500 to $8,900 per person--which comes to over $22,000 for an average family. That�s an increase, not a $2,500 decrease.�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Does anybody here think we have the votes to get it repealed? Demographics seem to be against us.

Also, when you say "let it crash", what exactly does that mean?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The �Demographics� are not as bad as the LSM would have us think.

According to the latest Rasmussen poll published on April 8th, only 23% of likely American voters now rate Obamacare as a success and 62% believe Republicans will repeal the law. The latest polling results are a very bad omen for 13 incumbent Democratic Senators in seats the Republicans believe they have a chance of winning in the November 2014 mid-term elections.�

These are the numbers that gave us the last mid-term election conservative landslide. In fact, these numbers are better. Much better.

Repeal or replace or whatever you want to call it; the bigger the anti-ObamaCare vote this fall, the sooner we can begin to kill this SOB. As I have said, a couple of elements will survive as part of the replacement plan.

Until we take the WH back, all we can do is chop away. The better we do this fall the easier this all becomes. The remaining RINOs and Dems will start sounding like founding fathers of the Tea Party.

Remember, we lost the last presidential election by only about five percent of the popular vote. Numbers show that about five million more conservative votes in the critical swing states would have done it for Mitt.
We have been down that road before. What might have been with a Moderate Mitt and a Republican majority in both houses�

"Let it crash" seems to have different meanings for different folks. I think all the Obama delays and setbacks have killed half of the program. And they won�t be back.

I think the ultimate goal of single-payer socialized medicine is already dead.
Some disagree and I await their numbers to show me where I am wrong.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And there you go.

I see Obamacare being put on life support and lasting another 8-10 years, and then failing. American's have a short memory, so by then after we've been arse-raped on insurance premiums for a decade or more, most American's will welcome "free" healthcare.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And which "parties" (aka heads of the same snake) do you believe those interests control?
BOTH!! And therein lies our perpetual problem.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

471 members (007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 160user, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 39 invisible), 2,234 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,394
Posts18,469,959
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.