B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
i can let you wander around the desert as well if you like

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i plan on it laugh im pretty well a kid that never grew up....still catching snakes and bugs and whatever cause i want to take a closer look at them crazy pissed off Darla more than once cause ild catch a snake movint out of the corner of my eye and dive after it....she couldnt figure out how in a half second glance i could tell it wasnt a rattler.....*shrug*.....25 plus years of catching snakes and lizards it aint hard for me to recognize a rattler.....

however ive got to be damn careful down your way.....the snakes that can hurt or kill me out number those that cant crazy

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
promise me you won't grab a fierce snake.... i dont want the paperwork involved to get you come in a box

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ive got life insurance laugh

actually even i aint to interested in grabbing hold of a taipan either costal or inland(fierce) but with the help of a snake stick ill check out some of the smaller species and pose them for the camera....guarantee you i aint likely to actually grab hold of much other than pythons.....

even as much as i like messing with our rattlers i aint big on grabbing them by the head like some do cause a trip to the ER if they put a fang through the jaw or my finger slips is gonna run me the cost of a new house if my insurance says they aint paying for stupidity......use a snake stick and occasionally "tail" them but not big on taking risks above and beyond that mostly cause the medical bills due to a slip of concentration are daunting....

Last edited by rattler; 05/16/14.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinBattered, if Sheridan (Rattler) actually goes to visit you in OZ, try to keep him out of MAJOR mischief if ya would! grinHe is one helluva good guy and we would like him to show up at another pig hunt in(hopefully) one piece!! grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Dunno if I can do that, It's hard trying to keep myself out of trouble frown

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinJust the major stuff will do nicely Laddy grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by battered
promise me you won't grab a fierce snake.... i dont want the paperwork involved to get you come in a box

If Sheriden asks you for a glass jar, question him closely.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
you blokes should get 3 or 4 of you together and come out, sort of like a 24hr campfire members road trip

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
any aussies here can come to so we can have a big group of us that can do say a couple weeks hunting on one of our bigger blocks.......by block i mean 2-3 million acres.

we could hunt on that block pigs, dogs, cats, horses, donkeys and camels

Last edited by battered; 05/19/14.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
that would be cool as hell though im guessing my timeline is a bit more accelerated than most can handle....hoping to be over there the first part of July and hopefully between bouncing around to different places/peoples couches( laugh ) and taking it easy on my funds i can waste two months before having to come back to the states.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BTW if you can swing me getting to shoot a camel you will be my new hero laugh

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by battered
you blokes should get 3 or 4 of you together and come out, sort of like a 24hr campfire members road trip

I am very interested in doing something like that, battered, and I've been thinking about it quite a lot in recent weeks. In fact, for very personal reasons, it appeals to me more than a plains game hunt in Africa, although I'm not knocking that by any means.

It can't work for me this year, though. Family issues. But ... maybe 2015. Yeah, maybe 2015.

I'd love to smack a camel. (Wake in fright, Omar!) grin

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Where do you land in Oz? Rattler
Be Sydney or Melbourne ,i suppose,Then where are you heading for. See if we can put a bit of structure to this visit. It's a big country.For the others that he will be visiting , i live in Warburton , Vic in the Yarra Valley.
How are you getting around while you are here?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
gotta talk to Troy and see what he thinks might work best for him as he has changed jobs recently so i needto find out if im throwing him at the beginning or end of the trip....figured ild hit him or battered first and you second since your more or less between the guys....IIRC not a hell of alot of difference in price at flying into any of the three from SEATAC...think Brisbane beats the other two by $200....

as to travel in country, no freaking clue yet.....not real big on renting a car as im gonna be lacking in the credit card department and running on cash.....the couple i had were joint ones that i pulled my name off as part of the divorce as ive got no place to send the bill to anyway at the moment.....i know here in the states, no credit card, no renting a car especially to travel like im going to.....

Last edited by rattler; 05/20/14.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
and yes i do realize how big Oz is and going from battered to Troy is like me going from DC to Houston.....

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Plane and Bus fares will cost a bit but then so will petrol if you drive. Used to be in SA that if you bought a car there ,you didn't need a roadworthy to change the vehicle over to your name.Not sure how it is there now
That might be an option, buy a $1000 car in Adelaide
Looked up the bus fare from Brissy to Melbourne $288 , nearly 2 days travel though

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ive got more time than money so two days travel isnt anything ild worry bout, throw my head phones in, listen to tunes off my cell phone and read a couple books and im there....if i could just time them to be the chitty days with my knees ild be set laugh with the cost of petrol higher for you guys than me driving from Brisbane to Adelaide with a stop to see you in the middle would eat a fair bit of my budget anyway....hell im spending 25 hours on a train to go out to ScottF's so no big deal to me....

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
i can possibly pick you up in my plane depending on how busy i am anyhow, then from sa go up to my hunting ground, then fly back to brisbane. ill get my workers to head out with all the supplies as it will take a few days drive out there

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ill get ahold of Troy and see when he wants me showing up and start getting stuff set up....be sweet as hell if it worked out and that was possible, if not like i said ive got plenty of time to get from point A to B.....

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 61 invisible), 2,436 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,203
Posts18,485,258
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.