Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
What? A lefty...... eek. You don't shoot that way do you?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm a lefty but majority of my rifles are right hand.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Well, you might like my shotguns then:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

whistle

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm also digging the couch as well smile

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
BSA, I just bought the twin to your rifle, NIB and all, but in .257. I remember going into Western Auto when I was a teenager and these were new and thinking they would make the best hunting rifle ever for the mule deer and elk we hunted in NM then. They had three or four Ingwe specials I handled every time I went in the store.

IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DesertMuleDeer
BSA, I just bought the twin to your rifle, NIB and all, but in .257. I remember going into Western Auto when I was a teenager and these were new and thinking they would make the best hunting rifle ever for the mule deer and elk we hunted in NM then. They had three or four Ingwe specials I handled every time I went in the store.

mind posting the first 4 digits of SN?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
G156xxxx

The box looks just like BSA's, but the rifle has open sights, which I don't remember seeing on many of these. buying on Internet and I have not received it yet.

Thought it would make a fun gun for my 11 YO daughter to shoot in that she is getting into shooting now.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
What was the cutoff for WRA vs. USRA?

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The cutoff from what I found is G1525323 All model 70 made up to July 18 1981 I think thats the correct date were WRA. July 21st 1981 they are USRACo made model 70's.

You have what they consider a transition model 70 USRACo used a lot of left over parts from WRA to put together rifles.

Last edited by 79S; 04/13/14.

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
I have a .270 sn G151xxxx. It's has a WRA butt plate but the box says USRA.

One time I asked on a forum(forget which one) if anyone ever thought a WRA Featherwieght XTRs might be collectable. I got a snarky answer that it's a push feed and would never be collectable. crazy

Last edited by ohiosam; 04/13/14.
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by 79S
The cutoff from what I found is G1525323 All model 70 made up to July 18 1981 I think thats the correct date were WRA. July 21st 1981 they are USRACo made model 70's.

You have what they consider a transition model 70 USRACo used a lot of left over parts from WRA to put together rifles.

Great. This makes me feel better about what I will do and usually do to unfired guns: take them out and shoot them.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B

That is cool buddy. Like someone else said in a different thread these XTR's were the cats azz. One guy said he's used his for the last 30 years and is very content. I was just in the shop getting some OAL measurements and they are within .015" from my pre 64. I'll just load to the Pre 64 OAL so all of my ammo fits in both rifles. I also checked function with some dummy rounds and it feeds and ejects perfectly. A 257 XTR or 7x57 would be very nice. Cool find on your "NIB" xtr. Let me know how it works out for you..

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by ohiosam

One time I asked on a forum(forget which one) if anyone ever thought a WRA Featherwieght XTRs might be collectable. I got a snarky answer that it's a push feed and would never be collectable. crazy

That guy was crazy. I've been watching these XTR fwt for about a year now and they really hold their value. I have been one that prefers the CRF's, but these have been intriguing to me, just as the remington mountain rifles have been. I really couldn't pass this one up for what my friend offered it to me for. However, like I said before, only time will tell.

BSA MAGA
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Have both the NIB XTR .257 and a new SC Featherweight 7x57 on way. Should be fun. I thought these and the original Mountain Rifles were about the coolest rifles ever when they came out back in the 80s.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Funny you posted that about Mountain rifles as I was typing.

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by ohiosam

That guy was crazy. I've been watching these XTR fwt for about a year now and they really hold their value. I have been one that prefers the CRF's, but these have been intriguing to me, just as the remington mountain rifles have been. I really couldn't pass this one up for what my friend offered it to me for. However, like I said before, only time will tell.

Yep I agree they have potential to appreciate faster then some push feed m70s. When the came out I really wanted one in .257 bob but when the .270 showed up on my dealer's rack it was love at first sight.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm also digging the couch as well

I was thinking the same thing. I could just envision myself sitting there with a 23 year old blonde and sharing a glass of Harvey's Bristol Creme...yeah, that's the ticket old timer, dream on.

No way I'd bed that beauty. It's probably floated and shoots as good as my 270. Jack would be proud. Slap about 60 gr of H4831 behind a good 130 gr bullet and next thing you know you'll be wanting to write for Outdoor Life.

Last edited by Kitch; 04/13/14.

Kids are for people that can't have dogs
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Kitch
I'm also digging the couch as well

I was thinking the same thing. I could just envision myself sitting there with a 23 year old blonde and sharing a glass of Harvey's Bristol Creme...yeah, that's the ticket old timer, dream on.

No way I'd bed that beauty. It's probably floated and shoots as good as my 270. Jack would be proud. Slap about 60 gr of H4831 behind a good 130 gr bullet and next thing you know you'll be wanting to write for Outdoor Life.

Good post laugh

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Funny you posted that about Mountain rifles as I was typing.

Great minds kinda thing I guess laugh. I know BobinNH really likes the MR as well. I let a BDL (not the DBM) slip past me once and I'm still kicking myself in the azz. The shop only wanted $350.00 for it cry . It was there 1 day and gone the next...

BSA MAGA
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
One of the early ones in .280 would be nice.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (160user, 1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 57 invisible), 2,555 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,475
Posts18,471,521
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.