Print Thread
Hop To
Page 29 of 31 1 2 27 28 29 30 31
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by 7mmMato
Lawyers not doing business with freeloaders that is funny [bleep].

Well... usually it's the other way around. They're seeking out the lawyers.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by captchee
Possibly its had to imagine but a lot of folks , more and more all the time feel about the federal government no better then the south felt about the north . Maybe even at this point more so . I have no doubt , the time will come when all hell will break lose . If we continue down this path , IMO its not a mater of �If � but �When �
Absolutely 100% DEAD NUTS ON. I hear more venomous hatred toward the Fed. spewed forth from people from all walks of life in the past couple of years than ever before BY FAR. There is a reckoning brewing. It ain't far off and it won't be pretty. Something like this Bundy debacle could easily be the catalyst.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Something like this Bundy debacle could easily be the catalyst.

I'm amazed it wasn't. The Chinese solar farm in the Nevada desert could have cost alot of American blood. Thanks Harry Reid for selling out your country.

LOL
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I've been saying for a long time,...the only difference the federal government sees between the American people and the Iraqi or Afghanistan people is,..the American people do what they're told to do.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The Federal government knows that their agenda is going to cause a big conflict in the country.

That's why they're dumping all of that military equipment on the police.

They're getting everything in place for it.

It won't be long before they push the issue.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Possibly its had to imagine but a lot of folks , more and more all the time feel about the federal government no better then the south felt about the north . Maybe even at this point more so . I have no doubt , the time will come when all hell will break lose . If we continue down this path , IMO its not a mater of �If � but �When �

Mmm...not so sure. There are still a lot of party-loyal morons around. Whenever the feds do something completely over the top, that ought to hack off everybody who hears about it, these people find a way to blame it on the other party and rationalize innocence (or at least comparative innocence) for their own.

I'm sure you're going to hear that here on the Campfire now that Harry Reid has been outed: "Remember what the Democrats did to that poor Nevada rancher? That's why we need Republicans in office!" The Democrat versions of those people, on the other hand, will undoubtedly come up with reasons why the whole thing is the fault of Republicans.

And then we've got the people right here on this site who are solidly in the government-shill camp--even people who don't actually work for the government.

No, I don't think we're as close to hell breaking loose as you do. The government is going to be able to hurt and kill a lot more people and devastate a lot more lives before that time comes.

My own instinct says that when the time comes, everybody--both government and the productive class--is going to be fighting so hard for their own lives that they're not going to have any time to waste on each other.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The Federal government knows that their agenda is going to cause a big conflict in the country.

That's why they're dumping all of that military equipment on the police.

They're getting everything in place for it.

It won't be long before they push the issue.

And the police/agents WILL follow orders against the public too.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Looked like she was #1 trying to block traffic, and #2 as if she were going to hit the window of the passing vehicle with whatever it was she had in her hand. But I know enough to say that a 15 second video isn't enough for me to draw a whole lot of conclusions. But I'm sure plenty of soothsayers on here can and will.

Not saying anything good or bad about what is depicted, just an observation.

MAGA
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Barak

Mmm...not so sure. There are still a lot of party-loyal morons around. Whenever the feds do something completely over the top, that ought to hack off everybody who hears about it, these people find a way to blame it on the other party and rationalize innocence (or at least comparative innocence) for their own.

I'm sure you're going to hear that here on the Campfire now that Harry Reid has been outed: "Remember what the Democrats did to that poor Nevada rancher? That's why we need Republicans in office!" The Democrat versions of those people, on the other hand, will undoubtedly come up with reasons why the whole thing is the fault of Republicans.

And then we've got the people right here on this site who are solidly in the government-shill camp--even people who don't actually work for the government.

No, I don't think we're as close to hell breaking loose as you do. The government is going to be able to hurt and kill a lot more people and devastate a lot more lives before that time comes.

My own instinct says that when the time comes, everybody--both government and the productive class--is going to be fighting so hard for their own lives that they're not going to have any time to waste on each other.

I don't know if it will ever break wide open.

This country is far too divided in far too many directions for the people to ever unite for *any* cause.

I think it will be more of a simmering insurgency which will eventually lead to a type of Balkanization.

It only makes sense for this country to be divided into groups with a like mindset.

There's really no coming back from the ideological separation which exists in this country today.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The solution, as always, will be to start a war with someone else and make it look like they started a war with us.

That is a time honored tradition of governments whose people are starting to turn against them - formulate an outside enemy so everyone must "rally 'gainst the common foe!" Think how unified the country was against those evil rotten "whoever it was that did this" after 9/11.

Me against my brother.
My brother and I against our cousins.
Our family against your family.
Our state against your state.
Our country against your country.

(sorry, I added to this after it was immortalized in your quote)

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
The solution, as always, will be to start a war with someone else and make it look like they started a war with us.

That is a time honored tradition of governments whose people are starting to turn against them - formulate an outside foe so everyone must "rally 'gainst the external foe!"
+1

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Maybe,...but the people have worked up such a distrust of government that they don't seem to feel the nationalistic fervor that they once did.

The people are detached,...especially the upcoming generations.

They're scratching around,..trying to survive in this economy,..and the actions of the government has faded into background noise.

If a young person signs on for military service today,...it's out of economic necessity,...not dedication to country.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Maybe,...but the people have worked up such a distrust of government that they don't seem to feel the nationalistic fervor that they once did.

They're scratching around,..trying to survive in this economy,..and the actions of the government has faded into background noise.

If a young person signs on for military service today,...it's out of economic necessity,...not dedication to country.
I teach in a public high school, and deal with teenage boys regularly. They are plenty gung-ho for the military. They're not doing it for the money. Seems to me, it's for the excitement, and an opportunity to prove their manhood, but that's thinly draped in patriotic jingoism.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Well, too bad they can't vote patriotically.

How much IQ is really required to contemplate that free healthcare for all will have those who work pay for those who won't, and that then, those will be getting welfare, food stamps, meds and healthcare free. Throw in public housing and then no one has to do anything they don't want to do and yet get a living for free.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mother of god!

After watching this thread and reading the justifications for Bundy's actions I see it is now going to turn it into a bashfest on freeloaders and welfare parasites? Jumping Jehosophat!

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I teach in a public high school, and deal with teenage boys regularly. They are plenty gung-ho for the military. They're not doing it for the money. Seems to me, it's for the excitement, and an opportunity to prove their manhood, but that's thinly draped in patriotic jingoism.

I joined b/c getting paid to destroy stuff, camping, drinking beer after a road march, and going to the gun range was fun.

Conrad101st
1/503 Inf., 2nd ID (90-91)
3/327 Inf., 101st ABN (91-92)
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Penguin
Mother of god!

After watching this thread and reading the justifications for Bundy's actions I see it is now going to turn it into a bashfest on freeloaders and welfare parasites? Jumping Jehosophat!

Will
And another pseudo-intellectual liberal rears his holier-than-thou head.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
pretty pathetic huh? Gets even more interesting in the other threads.

Think I may take a much needed break from the insanity until Beat the Penguin season. grin

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
One thing I've found is that NO ONE believes the government anymore. It is a subject of ridicule. We are almost to the point where Russians were when they read something in Pravda. They automatically knew it wasn't the truth. Everyone knows the government lies and that it lies as a matter of course. It has become a joke that it lies so much.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Penguin
Mother of god!

Will

Give up the verbal diarrhea and say what side you're on.

Page 29 of 31 1 2 27 28 29 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

655 members (160user, 007FJ, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,785 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,224
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.