Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The NRA's reciprocity maps.

NRA Reciprocity

Neither Utah nor Arizona are recognized.

MM

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mirage243
My understanding of Illinois law is that the vehicle cannot have the weapon and the ammo where you can get to both.

Yep.

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
You have to have an Illanoise permit

You spelled illannoy wrong.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I saw a sign on a gunshop wall once that showed a picture of Elvis shooting JFK..

Lee Harvey was innocent!!!!!

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by safariman
It may have helped a bit that I had taped copies of my C&R FFL to one side of my hard pistol case and a page with photocopies of my DL license and copies my four different CCW permit or licenses taped to the other side with the photocopy of my drivers license.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit ?

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I packed a .44 mag Superblackhawk all over this country and Canada back in '80.

I didn't really care to be a lawbreaker,....but I didn't care to be et by a bear even more.

Ya pays ya money and ya takes ya chances.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by mirage243
My understanding of Illinois law is that the vehicle cannot have the weapon and the ammo where you can get to both.

Yep.

MM

Nope.

Illinoyance sucks for gun laws I don't think we need to be making up stuff to make it look worse.

All the reading I've done says a non resident can carry in their own vehicles. Can you guys produce a link that says otherwise?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is what Illinois law says:

Non-residents are allowed to carry concealed in their vehicle provided they have a valid concealed carry permit from the home state. If the vehicle is left unattended the firearm must be left concealed in a locked compartment or the vehicle must be locked.

There is no reciprocity outside the above.

IMO opinion there should be a federal law establishing reciprocity for all states, just like marriage.

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 04/13/14.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Illinois must have changed there laws VERY recently, the law wasn't that way late last year.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From the NRA:

Reciprocity

These states recognize Illinois permits:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Wisconsin
Illinois recognizes permits from:
None

Map of states recognizing Illinois permits:
Print this mapPRINT MAP

Illinois State Police: http://www.isp.state.il.us/foid/
A synopsis of Illinois state laws on purchase, possession and carrying of firearms.

PURCHASE

A buyer is required to show his Firearms Owner�s Identification Card (FOID) when purchasing any firearms or ammunition. Any seller is required to withhold delivery of any handgun for 72 hours, and of any rifle or shotgun for 24 hours, after the buyer and seller reach an agreement to purchase a firearm. The waiting period does not apply to a buyer who is a dealer, law enforcement officer, or a nonresident at a gun show recognized by the Illinois Department of State Police. The seller must retain for 10 years a record of the transfer, including a description of the firearm (including serial number), the identity of the buyer, and the buyer�s FOID number. READ ALL
REQUIREMENTS FOR FOID

Application for a FOID is made to the Illinois State Police, FOID, P. O. Box 19233, Springfield, IL 62794-9233. Application forms can be obtained online at http://www.isp.state.il.us or by calling the Firearm Owners Identification Program at (217) 782-7980. An applicant is entitled to a FOID if he: READ ALL
POSSESSION

It is unlawful to possess any firearm or ammunition without a valid FOID. It is unlawful to possess any rifle having one or more barrels less than 16 inches in length or a shotgun having one or more barrels less than 18 inches in length or any weapon made from a rifle or shotgun, if such weapon as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches. It is unlawful for any person under the age of 18 to possess a handgun, or concealable firearm. READ ALL
CARRYING

It is unlawful to carry or possess any firearm in any vehicle or concealed on or about the person, except on one�s land or in one�s abode or fixed place of business, without a license. READ ALL
NON-RESIDENTS

A non-resident is permitted to possess a firearm without a FOID if it is unloaded and enclosed in a case, or if the nonresident is:
� Hunting and has a non-resident hunting license, while in an area where hunting is permitted.
� On a target range recognized by the Department of State Police.
� At a gun show recognized by the Department of State Police.
� Currently licensed or registered to possess a firearm in his state of residence.

430 ILCS 65/2
ANTIQUES AND REPLICAS

An antique firearm which �the Department of State Police finds by reason of the date of manufacture, value, design, and other characteristics is primarily a collectors item and is not likely to be used as a weapon� is exempt from the above regulations on purchase.

430 ILCS 65/1.1
MACHINE GUNS

It is unlawful to sell, manufacture, purchase, possess or carry any weapon from which more than one shot may be discharged by a single function of the trigger, including the frame or receiver of any such weapon. It is unlawful to sell, manufacture, purchase, possess or carry any combination of parts designed or intended for use in converting any weapon into a machine gun, or any combination or parts from which a machine gun can be assembled. READ ALL
RANGE PROTECTION

The owner of a shooting range is immune from civil or criminal claims alleging noise, nuisance, trespass or any claim on the basis of sound emissions. READ ALL
MISCELLANEOUS

It is unlawful for a dealer to sell any handgun �having a barrel, slide, frame or receiver which is a die casting of zinc alloy or any other non- homogeneous metal which will melt or deform at a temperature of less than 800 degrees F.�
It is unlawful to alter or obliterate any serial number, maker�s name or other identifying mark on any firearm. Possession of a firearm with an altered or obliterated mark raises a legal presumption that the possessor committed the offense.
Any stolen weapon, if confiscated by police when no longer needed for evidentiary purposes, must be returned to the person entitled to possession, if known.
It is unlawful to possess, manufacture or use any metal piercing, dragon�s breath shotgun shell, bolo shell, flechette shell, or explosive bullet.
It is unlawful to possess a silencer.
It is unlawful to possess or store any firearm on land supported in whole or in part with state or federal funds administered through state agencies or in any building on such land without prior written permission from the chief security officer for such land or building. The chief security officer �must grant any reasonable request for permission.�

SOURCES:: 430 Ill. Comp. Stat. � 65/1.1 et seq., 520 Ill. Comp. Stat. � 5/2.33(n); 720 Ill. Comp. Stat. � 5/24-1 et seq., and 720 Ill. Comp. Stat. � 5/21-6.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A .380 ?

....I'd feel "safe" there in a troop of heavily armed, compentent Cavalry, or with an A-10 and a AC130 loitering above.

One man with a cheap .380 Versus CHICAGO, and the Sorry State of ILL.ness don't sound like any battle I'm up for.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe

I didn't really care to be a lawbreaker,....but I didn't care to be et by a bear even more.

whistle

There it is (and was),.....ain't it ?

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I just got off the phone with an IL concealed carry instructor to confirm what others have said. Illinois does not recognize any other state's CCW licenses, and the only non residents who can obtain an IL CCW permit must be resident in Hawaii.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
^^^^^ Yup

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Why is it always someone else's fault with this guy? He has no personal responsibility. It's alarming, really.

Here...

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
Why is it always someone else's fault with this guy? He has no personal responsibility. It's alarming, really.

Here...

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

Atleast no bears were shot in the azz on this trip....

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DocRocket
I just got off the phone with an IL concealed carry instructor to confirm what others have said. Illinois does not recognize any other state's CCW licenses, and the only non residents who can obtain an IL CCW permit must be resident in Hawaii.

South Carolina was added to the list on 31 Mar 2014.

Illinois is undergoing a terrific upheaval as a result of a revolution amongst downstate democratic legislators who are sick and tired of chicago ru(i)nning the state.

And it is and will be interesting seeing it all play out. I lost 50 bucks by betting that no IL resident would see any concealed carry permit in 2014.
The state beat their own projected date of first issue by a month, and has been issuing permits regularly since.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

whistle

GTC

Well, I know guys who carry everywhere. Post offices, national parks, Disneyland. They just keep their mouths shut about it.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Oh gee, hope they never catch me with my canned glock 18

Hey!! Your going the wrongway.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

whistle

GTC

Well, I know guys who carry everywhere. Post offices, national parks, Disneyland. They just keep their mouths shut about it.

All OVER the place,....all over the PLANET. grin

GTC

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

357 members (10gaugemag, 2500HD, 1_deuce, 16penny, 10ring1, 257_X_50, 52 invisible), 2,540 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,678
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.