Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 38 of 39 1 2 36 37 38 39
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Grateful thanks for a terrific explanation. I really do appreciate it. The term I used, 'counter-productive' was code for 'less effective in shooting well', I suppose. The last time I went shooting, five or six of us were shooting all manner of small bore semis and wheelguns. Since I was taught to use both hands while shooting targets, that's normally how I shoot, though I have done a fair bit one-handed. Long story short, during that outing, a guy starts telling everyone that shooting one-handed has been *proven* to facilitate better shooting, and so on. I had some serious doubts, but didn't do much research on it. As my wee handgun arsenal and usage has been limited to .44 mag and under size, I've no idea what it'd be like to torch off one of those beasts. But look forward to doing so. Thanks again ever so much for the explanation and taking the time.

Curdog, thank you too for the input, sir. Much obliged.

Ed, sorry for the quick hijack. I just had to ask! smile

Last edited by kamo_gari; 04/11/14.
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
How can we not enjoy getting together, with great friends good food, good guns and great shooters, i witnessed people passing their guns and ammo around for anyone to shoot and helping each other with rifles and hand guns, i had a great time and enjoyed it all,Ed and Barbara are wonderful hosts, cant wait to do it allover again. rio7

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
really need to head south for some handgun shooting classes from you David.....preferably with something smaller than that 500 laugh no way to get around that even with your light loads down in New Mexico it intimidated me more than a bit....though far from hurting my hand every time i pulled the trigger i knew i was up above what i was really comfortable trying to handle....but im far more a rifle guy than a handgun guy.....my mom hated handguns so they are something i didnt even start shooting till much later

Last edited by rattler; 04/11/14.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Leighton, I know you are a shotgunner of some [deserved] renown, but bring your best game if you are ever fortunate enough to share a dove field with David.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Ed, sorry for the quick hijack. I just had to ask! smile

Leighton,

No apologies necessary. This is just an extension of the Gathering where we talk about all kinds of stuff, including shooting. grin I wish you could have been here in person, but this is the next best thing. It IS the Campfire, after all. smile

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
well, if anyone is so inspired...there is a .500 Linebaugh on GB - and an early Linebaugh - built gun, to boot:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=409037729

grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Sheridan, You need to pick Doc Rocket's brain while you are there too. I am willing to bet he can teach you a few things about pistol shooting, too.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by Wtxj
20 lbs. of mudbugs is enough for anyone, even David.

That was his first box... eek

Ed

I think I could have made David look like an amateur at mud bug eating....certainly not at at chootin.....but I love them mud bugs. However I wold have foundered myself and crawled off somewhere to recover. grin

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
[Linked Image]

smile

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You're welcome. Any time.

I'm fairly certain my reply would have been the same regardless of whether 'counter-productive' or 'less effective' had been used.

When we get together you're welcome to shoot as much as you can stand.

David

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Paladin
When we get together you're welcome to shoot as much as you can stand. David

As long as the ammo supply can be located... blush grin

Ed

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ed,

I think you may have failed to note I said all you could stand. grin Sometimes that isn't very many, depending on the load of course.

I'd like to thank you and Barbra for hosting this shindig, and a big thank you to everyone who attended, brought food, drink, snacks, or whatever they happened to bring. It was a great time, one more folks need to make.

I'd also like to thank Elton for sharing his photos with us. I have already posted most of them but have a few more I'll try to get out soon.

David

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
You're welcome, David and I second your thanks to Elton.

I just couldn't resist the jab about the ammo. I have no idea how at least three of us missed seeing it on the trailer. blush

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's a few more photos...

Leonard shooting his .30-06 M70 Featherweight. I borrowed it to tie for third place; it shoots very well.

[Linked Image]

My house gun, a .300 Blackout

[Linked Image]

Ed shooting the .470 Nitro:

[Linked Image]

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I enjoyed myself a lot, but are still kind of bummed I could not participate in the morning shooting. I would have been a treat to see Paladin's pistol exhibition and Ed's clay shooting:
[Linked Image]

I did see a couple of coins getting defaced in mid air though and I was able to whack the steel pigs with Ed's .223, my campfire found .243win and the 7mmRM I used to relegate Pat to 3rd place wink. Talk about difference in knockdown power!

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Paladin
You're welcome. Any time.

I'm fairly certain my reply would have been the same regardless of whether 'counter-productive' or 'less effective' had been used.

When we get together you're welcome to shoot as much as you can stand.

David

Much obliged and I'm going to make the time if there's another go-round. Enjoyed the thread and pics and descriptions. Lots of great folks I'd like to meet and spend time with. EdM: fine looking irons!

Apdlotsa#s/Ed: you're a gracious man, and a generous and classy gent to boot. Good on you for your hosting. Very nice jobbie all around.

Oh, and thank your wife for me, please; she's done wonders with you. wink

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Oh, and thank your wife for me, please; she's done wonders with you. wink

I read that to Barbara and she broke out laughing. She then asked if there was something she should know about... shocked laugh

Ed

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
You're welcome, David and I second your thanks to Elton.

I just couldn't resist the jab about the ammo. I have no idea how at least three of us missed seeing it on the trailer. blush

Ed

Dang Ed, that one went right over my head. Forgot all about the missing ammo can. blush

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rattler
really need to head south for some handgun shooting classes from you David.....preferably with something smaller than that 500 laugh no way to get around that even with your light loads down in New Mexico it intimidated me more than a bit....though far from hurting my hand every time i pulled the trigger i knew i was up above what i was really comfortable trying to handle....but im far more a rifle guy than a handgun guy.....my mom hated handguns so they are something i didnt even start shooting till much later

Let me know when you are able to make it to Cody so I can work out a schedule and get some (further) reduced loads made up. Or load up some .41's or .44's that aren't too nasty.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
A few more pics;

The Group
[Linked Image]

Patrick and the Paul Jaeger Rifle;
[Linked Image]

Addressing the charging heffalump;
[Linked Image]

So many toys, so little time. laugh

Ed

Page 38 of 39 1 2 36 37 38 39

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (6MMWASP, 260Remguy, 257_X_50, 450yukon, 79S, 300_savage, 12 invisible), 1,628 guests, and 927 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,757
Posts18,476,385
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.