-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Eclipse Offline OP
OP Offline
Can anyone give me a name of a good Mule Deer outfitter? Looking for 2016 calendar year. Colorado, Wyoming or even Alberta. $5,000 - $7,000 range.

Thanks.

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Shoal Creek outfitters out of Jackson Wyoming. 307-413-2206

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I can't recommend them from personal experience, but an outfit that always impresses me with the size of deer they take is Nontypical Outfitters out of WY. They always seem to take some true monsters every year. Maybe some other folks can tell us more about them?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Just saw a hunting show with Big Tynes Adventures in Alberta or something to that effect. Was mostly noticing the monster mule deer. It was on Western Extreme. Show sucks, but I'm a sucker for big muleys. mtmuley

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Can anyone give me a name of a good Mule Deer outfitter? Looking for 2016 calendar year. Colorado, Wyoming or even Alberta. $5,000 - $7,000 range.

Thanks.

Rifle? Archery? Muzzleloader? Are you looking for a 170"+ buck or are you wanting to hunt 200" deer? There are a lot of variables.

If you are in shape and want to do an early high country hunt there are some guys here in CO that do a damn good job and kill big deer every year. If you are looking for something a little less strenuous then you could look at a plains hunt here in CO or a hunt in the red desert of WY. One of the most fun hunts is in SE Montana but your top end deer isn't as good as in other areas but you'll see a ton of bucks and you'll be hunting the rut

Anyway, what are you wanting? There are just so many variables its hard to just throw a hunt out there and say "go here"

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
http://www.bigmuledeer.com/Headhunters_Alberta/Welcome.html

http://www.silversageoutfitters.com/

http://www.albertahunt.com/index.html

http://www.willowcreekoutfitters.com/

Just some local mule deer outfitters. Buyer beware! I have never hunted with them, but they have been around for a while and I have not heard a lot negative about them.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
It it were me, I'd just contact huntsonora, or scenarshooter on this site and go from there.

They both post some great mule deer photos of deer that have been taken by themselves and clients.

muleymike seems to have some good desert mule deer hunts also.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
hey there snake river, do u know scott and Brandon, tony and the rest of the crazys I hunt with, will b there this fall?
steep country big deer!

B
B
Star valley outfitters 717 762 4010

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
It it were me, I'd just contact huntsonora, or scenarshooter on this site and go from there.

They both post some great mule deer photos of deer that have been taken by themselves and clients.

muleymike seems to have some good desert mule deer hunts also.

+1

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Mike's Outfitting in Alberta was a good group when I was last there.

Eclipse Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks guys. I am a rifle hunter so I am looking for a rifle hunt. My expectations are realistic. I am not a numbers guy. I was looking for something in the $5K - 7K price range. In the western united states that will automatically put me in a specific size mule deer. If I am will to pay $15k I will get a chance at a much larger deer. I understand that its a money game and I am fine with that.

I have $5 - $7k to spend on this hunt (maybe a little more). I am bound by my financials. I am looking for some outfitter names that produce respectable Mule deer in that price range. A few names that guys know have good reputations and personal experience. My best bet is Ranching For Wildlife outfitters in the US. I have no preference points and do not intend to get any. That as well will put me in a specific size animal and outfitters. That is also why I am looking into (and leaning more towards) Alberta. For a guy with no prefrence points and $7,000 to spend, Alberta seems to be more realistic option.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Anie, I know Scott and his crew pretty well. My dad cooked for Scott up at his Pilgrim creek elk camp for a couple of weeks last fall and intends to cook for him again this fall. I usually pop in to one or the other of Scott's camps during the season, and then we usually go cow elk hunting after the bull seasons close. Always a good time with Shoal Creek.

Stupidity is expensive
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP

This is the ticket IMO.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
+10 on contacting Huntsonora. You won't regret it.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Snake, will b in pilgrim creek camp for the elk opener with 5 other nuts and then down
To shoal creek camp for mule deer, hope to run into! Have probably met your dad over the years!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Dad only cooked last year and only for a couple weeks. If things go to plan he'll cook again this year and hopefully for a bit longer. He flat loved it.

Stupidity is expensive
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by test1328
I can't recommend them from personal experience, but an outfit that always impresses me with the size of deer they take is Nontypical Outfitters out of WY. They always seem to take some true monsters every year. Maybe some other folks can tell us more about them?

I can vouch that they are good people and I know they scout hard--which is a lot of the battle in unit G in my opinion.

The kind of territory you want to hunt really has a lot to do with it. I'd go with Pat no doubt for the style of hunt he offers. If you're after a backpack hunt up high maybe non-typical would be your pick. Depends on what you want.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Thanks for that info, Snowy. They've always been on my short list. I just need to wait a few more years to save the dough.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hunting with Pat (scenarshooter) would be an awesome experience - the guy is a flat out HUNTER!!

Bad news, don't think he's taking new clients, cause all of his hunters come back again and again. Tried getting in with him about 3 yrs ago & this was the case.

Check out this guy too for an Eastern Plains hunt in Colorado:

Doyle Worbington of J&D Outfiiters = 199% good honest guy and great hunting!!!

Tell'em Team Fireball sent ya!!!

Last edited by 300MAG; 04/17/14.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 77 invisible), 2,633 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,477
Posts18,471,593
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.