Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Want to know how dope screws up your thinking, just look at the president.

That [bleep] was born that way.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Want to know how dope screws up your thinking, just look at the president.

And those who voted him into office...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Would you hire a sober alcoholic......? Sober 20-30 yrs that is ?

Yes, and I have done so.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rattler

not necessarily, when you met down in NM i was taking enough morphine every day to kill someone your size that doesnt have a tolerance built up and was/am on a drug that im taking specifically cause it phugs with how my brain is wired to try and slow down the pain signals.....no one seemed to have a problem that i was packing a gun around and shooting with everyone....

everyone seems alright with this but damn if i want to use a lil pot instead so i dont have to deal with the chitty side effects of the two drugs im on.....though the pot works better than those two pills and at a dose that leaves me clear headed...

Sheridan, I sure am in your corner when it comes to those and other efforts to manage your pain, and you know that, for my part, you are welcome (encouraged) to participate in any of our campfire rondys.

Friendship among good people is one thing, but taking the responsibility for putting a person on a company payroll, compete with performance expectations and liability is another. My comments were directed specifically there.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Pretty comical using weed, cocaine and meth in the same sentence. Unless one has personal experience, their words are, well, useless.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM
Pretty comical using weed, cocaine and meth in the same sentence. Unless one has personal experience, their words are, well, useless.

Must admit I have never used any of those and so apparently you see my words there as "useless". Why would that be?

Having close experience with users of all those - and other drugs - and having witnessed manifold the resulting havoc/cost/degredation/heartbreak loss/etc., it is difficult to find anything comical about using those terms in the same sentence. Maybe your sense of humor is much more sophisticated than mine and you might explain where "comical" enters the exchange.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This study admittedly used a very small sample. 20 subjects and 20 for the "control" group? I think we need much more to go on. How many variable factors were going on? I don't even know if THC was the only substance the subjects were putting in their bodies. I don't know their nutritional status, which is very important, and especially for younger people when their brains are still developing. The study admits to not even knowing if the brain "abnormalities" are lasting. It would be helpful to see a study of over 1,000 subjects and then control it for other variables.

The motive for ingesting THC is to get high. However, there are many people who are using some of the marijuana plant for pain control only. If they were to have a drug test, they would barely register on the THC reading because we are talking about a different derivative of the marijuana plant that comes in several forms.

I have to honestly say that if my chronic pain was significantly compounded, narcotics were losing their effect, my quality of life was in the toilet, and I was out of options, I just might have to ask myself, "Does the benefit outweigh any risk"?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Asphaltangel

I have to honestly say that if my chronic pain was significantly compounded, narcotics were losing their effect, my quality of life was in the toilet, and I was out of options, I just might have to ask myself, "Does the benefit outweigh any risk"?

Haven't smoked pot in many years, but to be totally honest about it, I never recall it having any pain killing properties.

As for risk,...*shrugg*,..I don't know of any.

Too much of it will make a person sit around, eat ice cream, listen to music,..and ponder things to a level far beyond their significance.

In moderation, it enhances whatever feelings you may have towards an endeavor or experience,...both good and bad.

Unlike alcohol,...it's not something to use to "dull" an experience.

I'll put it this way.

It's good for going fishing on a sunny, spring morning.

It's bad for attending a funeral.

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
I agree.

Were I to be in pain, I wouldn't be looking for a dime bag.

Back in my drinking days, when I felt a possible hour of pain, a half a 5th and 2 Anacin extra strengths helped me make it till the liquor stores opened again.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Asphaltangel

Haven't smoked pot in many years, but to be totally honest about it, I never recall it having any pain killing properties.

As for risk,...*shrugg*,..I don't know of any.

Too much of it will make a person sit around, eat ice cream, listen to music,..and ponder things to a level far beyond their significance.

In moderation, it enhances whatever feelings you may have towards an endeavor or experience,...both good and bad.

Unlike alcohol,...it's not something to use to "dull" an experience.

I'll put it this way.

There is a derivative of the marijuana plant [not THC] that assists with pain management. Some people say it's more effective than narcotics for controlling pain. This is why there is medical doctors that will tell their patients to use it when everything they have prescribed won't touch the pain.

And BTW, I sit around, eat ice cream, and listen to music, etc. without any 'pot'. No altered mood state required. LOL

Last edited by Asphaltangel; 04/16/14.
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

not necessarily, when you met down in NM i was taking enough morphine every day to kill someone your size that doesnt have a tolerance built up and was/am on a drug that im taking specifically cause it phugs with how my brain is wired to try and slow down the pain signals.....no one seemed to have a problem that i was packing a gun around and shooting with everyone....

everyone seems alright with this but damn if i want to use a lil pot instead so i dont have to deal with the chitty side effects of the two drugs im on.....though the pot works better than those two pills and at a dose that leaves me clear headed...

Ummm....

Yeah....

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by slumlord
I could lay 5 squares of architechural shingles per hour while stoned off my ass.

And my [bleep] looked good.

The more shingles I layed,
the more money I earned,
the better green I could smoke.

A few shots of calvin klien escape to cover the skunk stench and I could sell a $10k roofing job to the cougar next door. I had the silver tongue. I could size up your personality triats on the doorstep in 5 seconds and play the act that fit. Rarely missed a sale.

Trane air conditioners are built every day by stoners. The best A/C in USA.

You must live in the south.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Yeah,...I mashed my thumb *bad* at work one day back when I was about 21, or so.

I don't specifically recall if I had any pot at the time,...probably did. But I didn't even consider using it for pain relief.

It would have just made me sit and think, "Holy chit!,..my thumb fuggin' hurts!"

I *did* drink a couple of bottles of wine,...which helped a bit.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by isaac
marijuana use leads to a condition called amotivation. Also called amotivational syndrome, this psychological condition causes people to become less oriented towards their goals and purposes in life,

Probably because it causes them to pause and think deeply about their goals and purposes in life,...and to reach the conclusion that they're totally insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

,...like Mr Natural says,..

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC

Sheridan, I sure am in your corner when it comes to those and other efforts to manage your pain, and you know that, for my part, you are welcome (encouraged) to participate in any of our campfire rondys.

Friendship among good people is one thing, but taking the responsibility for putting a person on a company payroll, compete with performance expectations and liability is another. My comments were directed specifically there.

i am fully in the group of letting employers drug test....especially in jobs where someone can easily get maimed or killed due to someones inattentiveness....

but my point mainly was just cause someone is on something that can alter them doesnt mean they are altered.....most that dont know me very well and know my history have zero clue that im on a real large dose of narcotics...as my daughters boy friend put it when he found out most cant figure out why i aint sitting in a corner drooling on myself....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Bristoe

I'll put it this way.

I wish I'd have asked my pot smoking fishing buddy about that one. He died Tue. morning.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
JFC, rattler.. WTF are you putting on line 12e when you're buying a gun?

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ultra small sample size, no correlations for other factors, no allowance for off use symptoms, and no measurement of cognitive performance.

Yep. Typical FUX News 'science'....

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

225 members (10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 2500HD, 1eyedmule, 2UP, 18 invisible), 1,676 guests, and 1,009 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,388
Posts18,469,804
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.