Print Thread
Hop To
C
CKW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Up for sale is my HVA FS 30-06 for $950.00 shipped in bubble wrap inside of a hard case.

I am the second owner. The rifle is in excellent condition but is NOT a collector grade rifle as the original owner had the stock cut and a recoil pad installed, the rear sight removed and a blank put in the slot and an inlaid grip cap added. I have replaced the old, hardened pad and refinished the stock with Tru-Oil.

The quality of the metal work is excellent; noticeably better than a Smith and Wesson branded one I owned earlier. There is a small mark in the bluing on top of the barrel and slight scratches near the muzzle. Tried to show them in photos.

The original bluing on the muzzle cap and action screws was faded to almost nothing. I have touched them up with cold blue. The action and barrel are still deep original blue and the aluminum bottom metal is scratch free.

As pictured with the scope and mounts it weighs right at 7 1/2 lbs. LOP is 13 5/8" with the 0.8" decelerator pad.

The last couple of three shot groups I shot using 165 g. Horn bullets went into 0.7" and 1.1" at 100 yards with the 1-4X20 scope. A more skilled shooter with a larger scope could do better. The factory trigger has been tuned by a gunsmith and the pull is near 3 lbs. down from the 5 lbs. + as it came from the factory. I have the original owners manual, a little dog-eared but still readable!

Scope is not included, but the Conetrol scope mounts are. Brass and an opened but full box of 165 Nosler Partitions are included with the purchase. (46 new unfired WW brass along with over 100 used brass.)

The only trades I would be interested in would be for a stainless/synthetic rifle; most preferably a Kimber Montana in 270, 7mm-08 or 280 AI. Cash to cover the differences in value between rifles.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"It is wise, though, to remember above all else: rifle, caliber, scope, and even bullets notwithstanding, the most important feature of successful big game hunting is to put that bullet in the correct place, the first time!" John Jobson
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have a stainless Vanguard 257 Weatherby S2 to trade toward it

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Though not original that is a nice Model 458.

It's not the destination...
C
CKW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Thanks for the offer but a 257 Roy doesn't fill a niche for me.

"It is wise, though, to remember above all else: rifle, caliber, scope, and even bullets notwithstanding, the most important feature of successful big game hunting is to put that bullet in the correct place, the first time!" John Jobson
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Is the scope included???

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Beautiful classy rifle in a great caliber.

Bump for a great rifle.

If I did not already own a Mannlicher stocked .30-06 this one might fit the bill.

Good luck with your sale bump.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by iambrb
Is the scope included???

per the article, the scope is not included.

ked

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
was the stock cut ahead of the checkering on the forend?

C
CKW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
The joint you see in the fore-end is how they were made at the factory. I've owned two and examined others and they all have the joint.

One explanation I heard is to minimize the chance of warping in the fore-end. I think Sako FS rifles also have it. My FS CZ rifles do not.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by CKW
The joint you see in the fore-end is how they were made at the factory. I've owned two and examined others and they all have the joint.

One explanation I heard is to minimize the chance of warping in the fore-end. I think Sako FS rifles also have it. My FS CZ rifles do not.

This is correct. It probably contributes to their reputation as very good shooters.

IC B3

C
CKW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Evening bump

C
CKW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Morning burp

C
CKW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
up

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A guy could take it apart and put the barreled action in an original 4000 or 4100 stock.....

It's not the destination...
C
CKW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
bump

C
CKW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
bump again

C
CKW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Apparently no one likes this rifle as much as I do!

C
CKW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
One more bump up. Then this ad is destined to become an artifact of the classified ads!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1badf350, 1minute, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 117LBS, 1Longbow, 58 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,164
Posts18,503,048
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.