Hop To
#8782541 04/16/14
W
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
W
Anyone else stay up to see it?

Wife and I decided we'd stay up. It was full red by 2AM and lasted almost a full hour before it started to change back.

No pics. I don't own a camera.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I posted a few in an earlier thread that is no longer being looked at...

Across Turnagain Arm, just getting out of the clouds.
[Linked Image]

A bit later...
[Linked Image]

About as red as it got.
[Linked Image]

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Yes, it was interesting watching it knowing that there will be others coming this year and next...all falling on significant jewish holidays.

As a Christian, one has to wonder what lies ahead for all of us in this world we live in.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
Yes, it was interesting watching it knowing that there will be others coming this year and next...all falling on significant jewish holidays.

As a Christian, one has to wonder what lies ahead for all of us in this world we live in.

Almost every full moon is a Jewish holiday. It's not that significant.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
It's known as a red moon on politically correct CBS news.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
W
So, blood is another no can say word?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel

Almost every full moon is a Jewish holiday. It's not that significant.

I couldn't say if it's particularly significant or not. I would say it's nothing for Christians to worry about since we should be ready to meet the Lord on any day. I had an older friend that met him last week.

1 Thessalonians 5:2-9
New International Version (NIV)

2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 While people are saying, �Peace and safety,� destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

4 But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. 5 You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. 6 So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be awake and sober. 7 For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, get drunk at night. 8 But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet. 9 For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wait...R_H_Clark...are you saying that we can't predict when our Lord will come based on scriptures and the numerology and events timeline? Heresy I tell you, heresy!

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I don't just dismiss the blood moons as having no significance or importance but I think it's foolish to get all worked up over them because they should not cause a Christian to do anything they aren't already doing. We need to put all our faith and trust in Jesus and continue to obey his word until he comes.

We should take advantage of any opportunity the blood moons might bring by sharing God's love, but we should not try to put fear into people, for God has not given us the spirit of fear but of power, love, and a sound mind.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The Bible does say that we'll see signs in the heavens. In the past when a series of blood moons has occurred on feast days, important events have happened in Israel, both good and bad.

Lu 21:25 "There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
The Destruction of the Temple and Signs of the End Times

24 Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. 2 �Do you see all these things?� he asked. �Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.�

3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. �Tell us,� they said, �when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?�

4 Jesus answered: �Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, �I am the Messiah,� and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.

9 �Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

15 �So when you see standing in the holy place �the abomination that causes desolation,�[a] spoken of through the prophet Daniel�let the reader understand� 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let no one on the housetop go down to take anything out of the house. 18 Let no one in the field go back to get their cloak. 19 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 20 Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now�and never to be equaled again.

22 �If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened. 23 At that time if anyone says to you, �Look, here is the Messiah!� or, �There he is!� do not believe it. 24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time.

26 �So if anyone tells you, �There he is, out in the wilderness,� do not go out; or, �Here he is, in the inner rooms,� do not believe it. 27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 28 Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.

29 �Immediately after the distress of those days

��the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.�[b]
30 �Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth[c] will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.[d] 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

32 �Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33 Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it[e] is near, right at the door. 34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

The Day and Hour Unknown

36 �But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f] but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

42 �Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

45 �Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? 46 It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns. 47 Truly I tell you, he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 48 But suppose that servant is wicked and says to himself, �My master is staying away a long time,� 49 and he then begins to beat his fellow servants and to eat and drink with drunkards. 50 The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. 51 He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Footnotes:

Matthew 24:15 Daniel 9:27; 11:31; 12:11
Matthew 24:29 Isaiah 13:10; 34:4
Matthew 24:30 Or the tribes of the land
Matthew 24:30 See Daniel 7:13-14.
Matthew 24:33 Or he
Matthew 24:36 Some manuscripts do not have nor the Son.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There is also a solar eclipse between the first 2 blood moons and the last 2 blood moons.All of these I believe are in the span of 18-19 months.
According to John Hagee. He has talked with Jewish Scholars and the last 3 times this occured( I assume on Jewish holidays) it has been something of great significance to the Jews.

1492 when the king and queen of Spain told the Jews they had 14 days to get out of Spain i.e The Spanish Expulsion. Also in 1948 when Israel became a state and in 1967 during the 6 day war and the Reunification of Israel.

Don't quote me on the dates I am just going on what I recall.

IMO I think it could be of great significance to the Jewish people.

Bill

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Websterparish47: I did not "stay up" to see this cool event - I simply set my alarm and got 5 hours of sleep then got up to view it.
This event lasted a LONG time in comparison to others I have witnessed - it seemed to me.
And with Mars hanging alongside the moon it was well worth awakening to watch.
I even watched most of the movie "Django Unchained" as I was waiting for changes in the color and shape of the moon.
Living at 5,400' elevation makes for some really great moonwatching and stargazing.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

If the house is on fire, or someone is trying to break in, I'll get up at 2:00am.

Or if Jesus is pounding on the door because his car broke down and he needs to use the phone.

But a blood moon? No.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
According to God, the sun and moon will be darkened AFTER the tribulation. Maybe for those who don't believe the sun and moon can be darkened, we were given these signs in the heavens and we explain them by calling them eclipses.

Last edited by eyeball; 04/16/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Speaking of the destruction of the temple, we know that occurred in 70 AD. The previous year, 68 or 69 AD, Vespasian was recalled from the battle for Jerusalem to take the throne, leaving his son Titus to complete the defeat of Israel. In the year when Vespasian took the throne, there was a total eclipse of the moon visible in Israel and Rome. I don't know if it was a blood moon or not. It was recorded in the annals of Rome.
When Titus started the siege it was Passover and its been estimated that there could have been as many as 1 million Jews trapped inside the walls. So, besides destroying the city and temple, he had much of the total population trapped as well.

So was the eclipse a harbinger of disaster for Israel? I don't know, but it did happen.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Nice pics.

Across Turnagain Arm, just getting out of the clouds.

The clouds that ruined my viewing pleasure.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Great pictures Sitka Deer, thanks for posting/re-posting!

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Absolute gorgeous moon tonight in SC! I was darn near speechless when I saw it. Blood moon or not tonight it's something to see.

Thank you Lord.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

433 members (16penny, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 11point, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 59 invisible), 2,606 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,655
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.