Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
I find myself out of work! Long story short, a few influential people talking behind my back and spreading rumors came to a head and out of the blue the leadership decided a change of direction was in order. No moral failures or anything like that.

Anyhow, let me know if you have any leads. Send me a PM and I will forward you my resume. I am conservative theologically and not affiliated with any denomination (though I have served at a Baptist church and am open to serving at other denominations).

Thank you!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry to hear that. God is faithful, and I'm sure He has a great situation waiting for you.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sorry to hear you are out of a job. It's tough no matter who you are. Good luck.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have you ever thought that maybe God is sending you to a Kerith Ravine...? Doing something 'in you' because someday He's gonna do something 'through you'...?
Hopefully you can keep from getting discouraged. Do you have a greater sense that God is preparing you for something specific...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry to hear Dan, your experience is one of the biggest reasons I choose not to go to Church anymore. I would rather spend my time worshiping God on my own than spending time watching people talking and stabbing each other in the back.

Good luck to you.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Go into church planting. Always seems to be a need for church starts.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by PastorDan
I find myself out of work! Long story short, a few influential people talking behind my back and spreading rumors came to a head and out of the blue the leadership decided a change of direction was in order. No moral failures or anything like that.

Anyhow, let me know if you have any leads. Send me a PM and I will forward you my resume. I am conservative theologically and not affiliated with any denomination (though I have served at a Baptist church and am open to serving at other denominations).

Thank you!
no Pastor. Most here are looking for money. smile

Seriously, sorry to hear of this and will surely pray He helps you in you efforts to glorify Him and His. Take care and God bless.

PS what denomination, or does it matter.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
P
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by antlers
Have you ever thought that maybe God is sending you to a Kerith Ravine...? Doing something 'in you' because someday He's gonna do something 'through you'...?
Hopefully you can keep from getting discouraged. Do you have a greater sense that God is preparing you for something specific...?

I fully trust God is in this and at work in me AND thru me. Really looking to where God will lead us and figured putting the word out here may be a good idea.

Life and ministry will always be messy...the Apostle Paul had many a trial in ministry and considering I am not half the man he was, I won't let this dishearten me. God is bigger than it all!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Church is a screwed up business.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Sorry to hear Dan, your experience is one of the biggest reasons I choose not to go to Church anymore. I would rather spend my time worshiping God on my own than spending time watching people talking and stabbing each other in the back.

Good luck to you.

Same here.....

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mirage243

Yep, run by and for screwed up people, and due to grace it helps an amazing percentage of them get less screwed up. grin

Will pray for you, PastorDan. Pastoring screwed up people is a tough duty... and high calling.

Last edited by Okanagan; 04/19/14.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The lady across the street said they were looking for a new preacher, youth director and music director. They ran them all off in a short time span. I started to ask her what they were doing to run them off.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry to hear this. Praying that God has a better place in mind for your devotion and service. Please keep us posted.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by NathanL
The lady across the street said they were looking for a new preacher, youth director and music director. They ran them all off in a short time span. I started to ask her what they were doing to run them off.

Ha, ha. TFF.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
PM Sent.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by PastorDan

Thank you!

PastorDan,

Don't let it bother you. Churches are the worst place to find reason (outside of a Democrat Convetion) but tomorrow is Easter so I intend to be in a church unless I get so drunk that I don't.

I'll ask around.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Praying you are led to where God has for you and the actions of few don't souryour tthoughts. It is a difficult season to be without a church family. Growing up a preacher's son I've been on the receiving end of the decisions of a few influential people.
You want to move to Florida? Except the church I know there ran off a guy too. Good thing there is grace.

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
"Will pray for you, PastorDan. Pastoring screwed up people is a tough duty... and high calling."

This and Amen.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That is up in Mormon country for sure other church's shouldn't be running off pastors when they have to compete with the mormons. I'm a mormon and I been to Idaho falls and Rigby and if you are not mormon you are in the minority. So the good lord might be telling you something anyhow, time to find something better. I hope you find something and pray the lord finds you a better place.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Okanagan
Originally Posted by mirage243

Yep, run by and for screwed up people, and due to grace it helps an amazing percentage of them get less screwed up. grin

That's one reason I go. II Corinthians 12:9

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 65 invisible), 2,427 guests, and 1,417 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,168
Posts18,484,544
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.