Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Another observation I got from the Canucks, I have to admit they are spot on...

We Americans always note the Canucks with liberally using "Eh?" in their conversations...

one of my Canadian Buddies and fellow employees pointed out in contrast how much we Americans use the term "Huh?" in our conversations... to get agreement and a variety of other ways..

I told him at first, "NO we don't!"...

But for the next few weeks I would pay attention and look for that in my conversations with others, or observing conversations of other people...

ya know what... Norm was perfectly right....Americans use the term "HUH" a lot more than we ever think we do...

GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Huh? wink

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
we'll.... ya know....eh?

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I probably use "eh" less than any mammal on the planet. Noticed a bunch of folks do, but it adds little to the conversation -- kinda in the same way that profanity doesn't. Empty noise.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Like....you know!

Jim

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I grew up in the lower mainland of BC. I don't use eh or even remember it being used as a kid. However, Albertans use it between words!

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Without regular face to face contact with folks from the other side of any border, it is always difficult to separate our impressions of the citizenry from our feelings about their politics as reported via our own media. My wife used to be fairly quick to speak about Americans in a less than complimentary fashion.

A few years ago she spent a couple weeks holidaying in New York with her sisters, and when she returned home, she couldn't say enough about all the great folks she had met.

There are braggarts, cheats, lying politicians, and axxxoles of every other sort on both sides of border. Though they may not make up a large percentage of the populations of either country, they're the ones that seem to make most of the news.

I have always had positive dealings with U.S. citizens and businesses, especially within the hunting/shooting fraternity.

My only gripe with the U.S. at the moment is how damn good their hockey teams have become.

I think most regular folks, are just that ... regular folks,

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Southern Canadians are almost like Alaskans. NWT and Yukon all samo... Those folks south of 49th are mostly all fuced up...

No offense intended... smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
mostly good but I get tired of their looking at theworld with blinders on , talk about the world trade center ,you would think only americans died ,WW2 they won the Europien side all by themselves, they forget to include or give credit to others where credit is due .

rant over 95% of the guys on the fire are great grin

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Since the Americans started treating honest Canadians like suspect terrorists at border crossings, I have given up considering doing any holidaying in the US. We used to be able to go down to Crosby, ND to a good tractor show without any hassle. Oh well, lots to see and do in our country.

Ever so many people are crowing about all the good deals in the US, but when you ask if they have ever been to Prince Albert, The Pas, Flin Flon, or anywhere north of Saskatoon, the answer is often no.

Each to his own.

If there isn't a gun range in heaven, then I'm going to hell!
IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Been to all those places and several more that are further north. Canada has lots to offer, but I have never had a lick of trouble getting into the USA, but we have family down there, and my wife was born there, though now she carries Canadian credentials.

Brother Keith

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kjohn
Since the Americans started treating honest Canadians like suspect terrorists at border crossings, I have given up considering doing any holidaying in the US.

It is not just honest Canadians that are being treated like suspects at border crossings, it is all honest people!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Fire when ready.

SOUTH

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

124 members (44mc, 10Glocks, 1100mag, 35, 10gaugemag, 17 invisible), 1,365 guests, and 935 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,749
Posts18,495,264
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.