Also interesting.......

Now with even more aplomb
K
kend Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
I doubt I'm the only person that hadn't seen it before.

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That pic is from Russellville, AR. I lived the from 2005-08. That's a common sight there!!

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Around here all their new trucks say "CR England" on the side.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I grew up in a small town where people went out to the truck stop for breakfast after the bars closed on Saturday night. It would be fun to pull into a place like that at 2am and climb out of that rig wearing a star wars storm trooper costume.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by kend
I doubt I'm the only person that hadn't seen it before.

Nope you're not. I hadn't either; thanks for posting!

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I have seen it,thanks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JPro
Interesting tractor/trailer. I googled "WalMart Truck" and got this:

[Linked Image]

Also interesting.......

You don't suppose she's fixin to use that poor little stool do ya?

Poor poor little stool. frown

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Nuttin' that hasn't been seen before

I'm not sure what you are getting at Denny. Is this old news?

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Nuttin' that hasn't been seen before

I never saw one.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
K
kend Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Denny is having a bad day. Someone needs to send him some smiley faces to bitch about.

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It looks like a garbage truck eating a Grand Am.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I nearly ruptured myself helping an old woman get into a pick-up at Wal-Mart. For me that truck will forever be the "Wal-Mart Truck".

It was just a tiny little ancient compact truck. It looked at some point as if it had been lowered by some kid, so it wasn't much more than eight or ten inches off the ground...if that. But, as I waltzed out of Wal-Mart carrying my one box of .22 shells, I saw this poor little dried up COPD having oxygen bottle using husk of an old man trying to help his wife into the car. She was in a wheelchair and somehow, in the foot or so between the edge of the chair and the seat, she had gotten down and couldn't get up. She wasn't on her knees yet, but her legs were bent and she couldn't straighten them.

Now, I am 43 years old and a fit 5'11 180 pounds. I thought to myself, "No problem, I'll just slide over there and give her a little heft and she'll be right in the truck." So, I gallantly walked over and gingerly gave her a little lift and...nothing. She didn't budge. "Hmm, she is a bit heavier than I thought." So, throwing modesty out the door, I grabbed her from behind put my arms all the away around her midsection and heaved. "Holy [bleep], she is heavy" I silently screamed as she barely moved at all.

At this point the old woman was like dead weight and I realized too late that she was WELL north of 200 pounds...even though she didn't look it. To make matters worse, as I lifted she started screaming and I mean literally SCREAMING, "Jesus, this hurts. Help me, Jesus. Oh God, this hurts," and on and on and on.

So, by now, I wanted to just drop her and run the other way to my truck as fast as I could. But, I couldn't just leave that old lady on the parking lot. So, I put my arms around her again and gave a heave. And then...and then it happened. As I lifted my arms slid under her shirt and untucked it. Her shirt lifted up and...and...and...she was not wearing a bra. So, there I was, in the parking lot, lifting on this elderly woman from behind, as she screamed bloody murder WITH HER TITTTIES HANGING OUT.

By now, people were starting to stare. Finally, I lifted her enough that I could get my right knee under her ass and with a mighty lunge like one might do in lifting a recliner or wedging a heavy box onto a shelf, I managed to shift her over onto the seat. Whereupon, I quickly stuffed her legs in the car, slammed the door, and took off running to my truck. The old man mumbled a "Thanks a lot mister" as I stumbled towards my truck and as I peeled out of the lot, I saw them both firing up cigarettes for the ride home.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Wonder what the flammability of that new rig/trailer is gonna be? I suspect standard carbon fiber will emit a lot more toxic smoke in a fire than a standard wood/AL frame trailer would. Will have to pay attention to both that and how to cut the body apart if needed with jaws of life.

Always things changing keeps one on ones toes.

I remember when we KNEW where the battery would be in a vehicle in a wreck... I know am never surprised when we have to go to the glove box and look it up or google it on an Iphone or such at a wreck.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Joe Bob"
^
^

Wins for most horrible story of the day. No contest.....

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's interesting where WalMart is putting their big bucks. They were recently voted LAST in retail chain stores for customer satisfaction including customer service, availability of items advertised, cleanliness of store, and who knows what else....not surprising when wages are non-union. People might get cheaper prices but that's about all they are getting.

Case in point. I have had to almost "chase down" employees for assistance only to be told they were "going on my break". I worked 14 years [many years ago] in retail for local #1439..if we pulled that stunt, it would of been a write up at the VERY LEAST and chewed out by the boss. We had "secret shoppers" all the time giving reports back to our stores.

Anyway, all that to say.. .I hope purchasing these trucks are the best use of their money.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Hilarious Joebob! I always warn Mark of the risks involved being "rescue ranger" but I think this is in some folks' DNA

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Back in my Navy Crash and Salvage days, we had a sprayer all set up to spray floor wax on F-18 wrecks. They have a high percentage of Carbon Fiber. The idea was that the wax would bind the carbon fibers and keep them from becoming airborne as we worked on the wreck. Breathing that stuff isn't supposed to be good for you at all.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (222Sako, 338rcm, 1minute, 338reddog, 264magnum, 66 invisible), 2,344 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,541
Posts18,491,511
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.