Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
....except the cops had the wrong apartment. Now where have we heard THAT before? smile
Old lady was lucky they did not kill her. shocked

link to story
HENRICO, Va. (WTVR) �Ruth Hunter, a 75-year-old woman, said she was tied up while State Police invaded her Henrico apartment.

She said officers told her during the raid what they were looking for, and court documents also show the information. She said she had nothing to do with the investigation.

Virginia State Police said a drug investigation is what prompted a Henrico County magistrate to issue a warrant for an apartment in the 5600 block of Crenshaw road.

The woman claims that officers ultimately arrested a man who lives two doors down from her.

�I thought someone was breaking in to rob or kill me,� Hunter said.

Seconds after her front door flies open Hunter said she heard a voice yell �Police!�

��Took my hands with a tie-thing and said �You�re under arrest� and started asking questions,� she recalled. �The more I told them I didn�t know these people, the more he continued.�

Hunter said she�s lived at the Village at Arbors apartment complex in Henrico for about six years, the whole time she�s kept to herself she says, only speaking when spoken to by others. She said she was shocked at the line of questioning from State Police, on the morning of April 10.

�Asked me if I ever stored drugs for anybody � I said how dare you insult my integrity.�

Hunter said that is when police started asking about her loved ones.

�He asked if maybe my granddaughter was involved. I sat up in my bed like how dare you try and bring my granddaughter into this stuff. She�s a law abiding citizen, works for a living, she don�t even like coming here,� Hunter said.

Hunter said that police left her apartment and went two doors down, while she was left handcuffed with a zip tie.
The fianc� of the man arrested says she was there at the time, and asked CBS 6 to hide her identity

�Jjust so happened they came to the apartment and they got it mixed up,� she said.

State Police cite an ongoing drug investigation as why they can�t comment any further.

The warrant does list Hunter`s address and apartment number, but she believes this court document proves that she did nothing wrong. Because it says police did not find anything inside.

Hunter says the early morning raid haunts her to the point where she�s moving out, but not before delivering this message to those she says stood over top of her as she was frightened out of bed

�I�m very irritated and angry, he never said I�m sorry, never apologized for having the wrong house�he said you got to get someone to fix that door.�

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
he (police) said you got to get someone to fix that door.�

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would bet that they ransacked her apartment and left it a mess.
Suzanna Hupp(former Texas Congresswoman and Luby's massacre survivor) introduced a bill that would require police to clean up after themselves if they don't find anything or are wrong when they search vehicles.
Police Chiefs and Police associations/unions were vocally against the bill and it didn't pass in the Texas Legislature.
That fact alone urges a culture in policemen and women that they can do what they want with impunity.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like a million dollar out of court settlement to me.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd rather see a 10 million judgment. they need a message. take it out of their pay check.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree but you see no sweat off their private parts because that will all come from tax payers. I needs to be changed so that its a lot more of a personal loss.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Typical.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deerstalker
I'd rather see a 10 million judgment. they need a message. take it out of their pay check.

That will come from your taxes...

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

That will come from your taxes...

Travis

Nope, from isaac's.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Pretty much the way it is at ports of entry, or Border Patrol Checkpoints too.

If one of them thinks you MAY have something for whatever reason, they can tear your car apart, unbolt it, leave the parts scattered around an area the size of a small house, then walk away...Leaving YOU to your own devices about putting it together again.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Pretty much the way it is at ports of entry, or Border Patrol Checkpoints too.

If one of them thinks you MAY have something for whatever reason, they can tear your car apart, unbolt it, leave the parts scattered around an area the size of a small house, then walk away...Leaving YOU to your own devices about putting it together again.

Yup been that way since the Vietnam War. That's the price we pay for federalism.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd like to see all the police involved with this snafu, top to bottom have pay 50% of thier income, for several years, to the victim. As well as demotion to the lowest rank in their organization.
Having the police department pay for the snafu does not teach the individuals a lasting lesson.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
This.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cops being cops.

Move along.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by White_Bear
Cops being cops.

Move along.
Just one .... ahem ... a bunch of bad apples.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
....except the cops had the wrong apartment. Now where have we heard THAT before? smile
Old lady was lucky they did not kill her. shocked

Definitely should've made sure they had the right place..but kill her? Being a little melodramatic aren't you?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A bit melodramatic, perhaps, but not at all too melodramatic.

You're on a dynamic entry team, you are convinced you're going into a drug dealer's home; good chance they might have guns inside. Your adrenalin's up, you are in a group of men whose adrenalin is flowing, mentally ready for a gunfight, it's like a football team before they take the field - everyone's energy is feeding off of everyone else and the whole team is worked up to a fever pitch.

Then BAM! Smash the door open and pour inside! Ready at a second's notice to subdue anything or any one you encounter with deadly force! GO!! GO!! GO!!! Doesn't matter who you encounter inside, anyone can kill you, everyone inside is dangerous. Someone doesn't immediately comply and fall to the floor at you screaming GET DOWN!! GET DOWN!! GET THE F*CK DOWN NOW!!!!, which btw helps to keep your fever pitch going at 120 mph. They have something in their hands!! Your training kicks in - MUST ACT NOW!!!!

I'm almost impressed with how many people are not gunned down on the spot under those conditions.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
A bit melodramatic, perhaps, but not at all too melodramatic.

You're on a dynamic entry team, you are convinced you're going into a drug dealer's home; good chance they might have guns inside. Your adrenalin's up, you are in a group of men whose adrenalin is flowing, mentally ready for a gunfight, it's like a football team before they take the field - everyone's energy is feeding off of everyone else and the whole team is worked up to a fever pitch.

Then BAM! Smash the door open and pour inside! Ready at a second's notice to subdue anything or any one you encounter with deadly force! GO!! GO!! GO!!! Doesn't matter who you encounter inside, anyone can kill you, everyone inside is dangerous. Someone doesn't immediately comply and fall to the floor at you screaming GET DOWN!! GET DOWN!! GET THE F*CK DOWN NOW!!!!, which btw helps to keep your fever pitch going at 120 mph. They have something in their hands!! MUST ACT NOW!!!!

I'm almost impressed with how many people are not gunned down on the spot under those conditions.[b][/b]
At best, that's an effective indictment of the very idea of a war on drugs.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"State Police cite an ongoing drug investigation war on drugs as why they can�t comment any further."

Fixed it.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Of course if she had grabbed her little 38 when they busted in, she'd be dead and the cops would have blamed her.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

245 members (160user, 257 roberts, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 2UP, 30 invisible), 1,660 guests, and 1,127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,750
Posts18,495,289
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.