Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Texas Man Has To Put His Dog Down With Bare Hands After Deputy Shoots, Injures � But Refuses To Kill

Cole Middleton, who lives in rural Rains County in East Texas, dialed 911 after arriving at home last Friday morning to discover his home had been burglarized. It looked to Middleton like someone had broken in and stolen an iPad, jewelry and firearms.
A deputy arrived a while later. Middleton had joined his dad in a field to do some farm work while he waited for the sheriff�s office to respond, and, from a distance, he saw the car pull up.
According to what Middleton told KLTV News, his dog Candy � an animal that, judging from posted photos, looks like an Australian cattle dog � was in the yard when the deputy arrived. Middleton had trained her to herd cattle, and described her as a �natural� when it came to farm work. Candy was barking, as dogs tend to do in unfamiliar or exciting situations, but wasn�t acting aggressively toward the officer.
�She�s barking when he pulls into the driveway letting me know someone�s at our house, an intruder is here, or a person who she would think was an intruder that she�s unfamiliar with,� said Middleton. �She�s barking. The officer gets out of his car, and all the while we�re headed up [there]. He gets out of his car and shoots my dog in my front yard.�
Just like that, according to Middleton � without hesitation, and without cause to believe the dog posed any imminent physical danger.
Candy was wounded in the head and was in obvious distress, but the shot did not immediately kill her.
Blindsided by a completely new, abhorrent set of circumstances, Middleton�s immediate concern now was ending Candy�s suffering.
�I was so upset,� he told KLTV. �I went over there to her and she was still alive and I begged and pleaded with him to please shoot her again because I don�t have any firearms. They got stolen. He went and got in his vehicle and backed out of my driveway.�
So much for investigating the burglary � at least for that officer, whose name had not been released late Wednesday.
Left without guns, Middleton told the reporter he steeled himself to do something to end his dog�s suffering that he could never have imagined.
�I had to do the unthinkable, the otherwise unthinkable. I had to kill my dog with my bare hands and put her out of her suffering, praying for this to be over with,� he said.
At some point not long after he�d done that, other officers showed up. They saw blood on Middleton�s shirt and immediately had questions about it. Middleton said it raised their suspicions enough for them to unholster their weapons.
�That is the blood of my dog that I was holding because this deputy pulled up and shot her in my yard,� he explained. �Then the tasers were put away and the pistols withdrawn.�
Sheriff David Traylor said the Texas Rangers are investigating the incident.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
GB1

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I think I better not read this.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Can you just post the name of the 'officer' and town. So, no charges of cruelty?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I would hate for that scenario to play out in my front yard, I'll do my best to have my new address posted here on the fire, please send me cookies at Christmas.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Holy-Kee Riste.

Lots of dumb A-Holes running around, few would actually pull up my road and shoot my dogs. Hoping there is more to the story.

I'm struggling to recollect a personal situation that involving the police improved. Last couple times I involved the police, I was more apprehensive about dealing with them than I was with the crime I was reporting.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am beginning to think England may be right. Cops shouldn't have guns.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What in the bloody hell?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good grief. I'm guessing those deputies are making around $13 an hour. You can't expect rocket surgeons for that much, but surely you could find something better than that.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
probably been fired from Nueces County

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Good grief. I'm guessing those deputies are making around $13 an hour. You can't expect rocket surgeons for that much, but surely you could find something better than that.

I donno, the kids at McDonalds seem brighter than this.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That is exactly what I think but... The shooter just took himself off of the board. He's proven that he can't handle even a small amount of stress that goes with being a Peace Officer.
He should be fired and charged with everything that the law allows. Just like police do to everyone they arrest. He then should face a civil trial.
The reason that the public is,more and more,disenchanted with the police is that they protect these people that have no business being a police officer.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That story Is crazy.

Heck, not sure what to say.... I hope that Deputy gets his a$$ handed to him.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by deerstalker

^^This^^

The most dangerous interactions that we ordinary citizens or our dogs have are those with law enforcement. Incident after similar incident is met here with the 'one bad cop' excuse or the even more crass 'you citizens have to pay us more if you want better cops' extortion.

Nonsense these incidents are too frequent, too similar, and too scattered. The cops perpetrating them range from rookies to decorated veterans, and they come from departments that pay frugally to those in CA that pay very solidly into six figures.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Surely.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
And to reenforce my point:

Elderly Man Calls 911 to Get Ambulance for Wife, Says Police Beat Him Up Instead

In a town called Humansville, in Missouri, an elderly man called 911 to get an ambulance for his wife, who suffers from dementia. Tragically, you�ll believe what happened next. Via local ABC affiliate KSPR:

When police got there [first], "police car drove up, he bailed out ran over and knocked me down. He told me to get up, I told him I couldn't," he explained.

That's when [Elbert] Breshears says police got aggressive. "First thing, I know they grab me, threw me out there on the gravel. One of them sat down on my back, the other sat down on my head. They were trying to get handcuffs on me. I told them I can't get my hands up. I have no objection to being handcuffed," says Breshears.

By then paramedics arrived. Breshears says he and his wife were taken to the hospital. A doctor looked him over.

Cops claimed the elderly man attacked them. The mayor of Humansville and the police chief both declined to be interviewed on camera by KSPR...

[img]http://cloudfront-media.reason.com/mc/ekrayewski/2014_04/elbert_KSPR.jpg?h=188&w=250[/img]

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Rovering, you don't have to convince me, I've been pointing this stuff out since the mid 90's. It's unbelievable to me the number of people that have been brainwashed to accept this sh*t from this police state government. As a matter of fact, there are more than a few among us here.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by mirage243
Rovering, you don't have to convince me, I've been pointing this stuff out since the mid 90's. It's unbelievable to me the number of people that have been brainwashed to accept this sh*t from this police state government. As a matter of fact, there are more than a few among us here.

The brainwashed have only a preschool "Officer Friendly" coloring book understanding of cops and law enforcement.

Here, of course, we have a pretty good population of LEOs themselves that have a vested interest in a more powerful, more intimidating, and more expensive police state.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I guess this man hasn't noticed the trend lately of family dogs being in grave danger from the police for merely doing what dogs do.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Rovering
Originally Posted by deerstalker

^^This^^

The most dangerous interactions that we ordinary citizens or our dogs have are those with law enforcement. Incident after similar incident is met here with the 'one bad cop' excuse or the even more crass 'you citizens have to pay us more if you want better cops' extortion.

Nonsense these incidents are too frequent, too similar, and too scattered. The cops perpetrating them range from rookies to decorated veterans, and they come from departments that pay frugally to those in CA that pay very solidly into six figures.
Well said.

It's the cop culture that fosters this sort of thing. The culture of the police fraternity has developed in a tyrannical direction these last thirty years or so. It's only to be expected with the increasing levels of arbitrary powers the state has granted to them over that time period, and the increase in their numbers and privileged status vs regular folks.

One glaring illustration of this is the difference in the way the police reacted to regular folks (vs the way they'd react today) pulling rifles from their trunks to fire back at Charles Whitman back in 1966, i.e., the tower sniper at the University of Texas. If the very same thing happened today, the first non-cop to pull a rifle from his trunk to render aid would be shot on sight by the cops at the scene.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

434 members (16penny, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 11point, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 58 invisible), 2,638 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,655
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.