Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
How can you have a section for a country that basically doesnt allow hunting in half of the place, and the rest of the time it's bloody camels or donkeys of all things, and nothing for NZ, the mecca of Pacific safari's? the Paris of the South Pacific?

"A person that carries a cat home by the tail will receive information that will always be useful to him." Mark Twain
GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
There's someone left? There all in Sydney.
Don't forget to turn out the lights.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Your not joking. I went to Bondi for the first time in 1994, and randomly met seven people there, all of them were Kiwi's.

Of course the number of kiwi's going to Australia raises the IQ level in both places.

"A person that carries a cat home by the tail will receive information that will always be useful to him." Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
PM Deflave here.
He is the site moderator.
I would love an NZ section.

P.S. Sheep are beautiful.

Have Dog

Will Travel

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Originally Posted by CarlsenHighway
How can you have a section for a country that basically doesnt allow hunting in half of the place, and the rest of the time it's bloody camels or donkeys of all things, and nothing for NZ, the mecca of Pacific safari's? the Paris of the South Pacific?

So we now want a section for "EACH" Australian State and Teritory?

IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
why dont we allow hunting in half the place???. there is a few kiwis here yes, i live near the goldcoast and as you can imagine there are plenty of japs. I thought someone dropped a bomb on them�..must of been full of fertiliser.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Your not joking. I went to Bondi for the first time in 1994, and randomly met seven people there, all of them were Kiwi's.

Back filling for all the Aussies working in bars here in the UK!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Should call this the Australia / New Zealand forum.

I'd love to hunt NZ. Definately near the top of my list for hunting destinations.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Australasia fills the bill.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by wageslave

P.S. Sheep are beautiful.

And every one girlfriend is called Baaaaaaaabaaaaraaa

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Just got back from a hunt on the South Island. Had an absolutely wonderful time while there. The hunt was terrific and the people and country are wonderful.

I have issues with AU. Trying to bring a firearm into AU is a trick-at best. And then the rules change from state to state.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
hey the kiwis really know how to take a resource and make proper use of it.
Here in australia we have state governments who all think differently - deer are a game species in one state, go over the border and they shoot them with choppers!!!

Go figure!!

Hunting in NZ - part of their culture. In Oz, something that is trying to taken away from our culture.

Gus

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I'm with that guy

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Indeed, Oz is poor compared to NZ re hunting access and opportunities but we don't have any of this sh*t going on.

http://www.whaleoil.co.nz/2014/05/exclusive-helicopter-hazing-tahr-caught-camera/#more-134726

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by johnfox

Indeed, Oz is poor compared to NZ re hunting access and opportunities but we don't have any of this sh*t going on.

http://www.whaleoil.co.nz/2014/05/exclusive-helicopter-hazing-tahr-caught-camera/#more-134726

John,
I'm sorry to disappoint you but we sure do have chopper shoots here - in South Australia (my home state) the Dept of Environ & Natural Resources conduct aerial shoots of conservation parks in the states south east - namely the Messent and Gum lagoon Conservation parks. They regularly shoot 500-800 deer in these parks every year and deer numbers in these areas have declines ~70 % in the last 10 years.
A complete waste of a magnificent game animal and a huge waste of meat. Then again we have a grazier who has in excess of 10000 deer behind the wire in the same region for hunters to go and shoot - usually trophy animals for $3000 + per pop.

Gus

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by DaSakoMan

John,
I'm sorry to disappoint you but we sure do have chopper shoots here - in South Australia (my home state) the Dept of Environ & Natural Resources conduct aerial shoots of conservation parks in the states south east - namely the Messent and Gum lagoon Conservation parks. They regularly shoot 500-800 deer in these parks every year and deer numbers in these areas have declines ~70 % in the last 10 years.
A complete waste of a magnificent game animal and a huge waste of meat. Then again we have a grazier who has in excess of 10000 deer behind the wire in the same region for hunters to go and shoot - usually trophy animals for $3000 + per pop.

Gus

Did you watch the video?

M
MOG Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Umm I love NZ, but the Paris of the South Pacific it is not.
Great hunting and a much better attitude towards it but Auckland is like a 1990's version of Sydney, Christchurch is pretty average culturally, Wellington is the jewel culturally but the rest.... Very beautiful but not a cultural Mecca unless you are a sheep!

Regards,

Mog

M
MOG Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Meant to add there is not much hunting in Paris either!

Regards,

Mog

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Just got back from a hunt on the South Island. Had an absolutely wonderful time while there. The hunt was terrific and the people and country are wonderful.

I have issues with AU. Trying to bring a firearm into AU is a trick-at best. And then the rules change from state to state.

I'd love to see a hunt report! DIY?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by johnfox
Originally Posted by DaSakoMan

John,

Gus

Gus

Did you watch the video?

I did John - not ny cup of tea - same goes for hunting behind wire and hunting with hounds for sambar ...........but for some its all above board and OK ?? I prefer to stalk alone without the help of dog or machine............

Gus

Last edited by DaSakoMan; 05/04/14.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

284 members (1minute, 204guy, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 219 Wasp, 37 invisible), 2,377 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,438
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.