Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
In the woods this morning at daylight , he started Gobbling at 0620 and i got within 200 yards of him and set out my Hen Decoy and he came straight in . I had cows surrounding the decoy and i could see him strutting at about 25 yards, but would have had to shoot through a rose bush and was waiting for him to take a couple more steps for a clear shot and one of the cows seen him and run him back into the woods, i started to shoot the cow. I knew he had seen the decoy and i just waited , wasn't sure if he was still around, but then i caught movement to my left and he had circled and was only about fifteen yards and i'm Left Handed and had to switch to my right hand and shoot him right handed , he dropped right there. He weight 18.6 lbs, 10 inch beard and Spurs 1&1/8 inch's long. Encore with 12 ga Turkey Barrel and Winchester Supreme Turkey Loads # 6 shot.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Hahahaahaha

What a horny dumbazz.

Way to go!

Trump HAD the World, ", Trump saw our children, "
Trump saw a way to make a brighter day so he started giving
There was a choice he was making, he was saving our own lives
Its true he made a brighter day for you and me. --Trump WINS 2016
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Lack of Pussie will make you brave

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Bob,

Nice story and congratulations. Also glad to see your an Encore shooter but then I knew you have great taste in guns.

Doc

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice bird!! Congrats!

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
IC B2

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Doctor_Encore
Bob,

Nice story and congratulations. Also glad to see your an Encore shooter but then I knew you have great taste in guns.

Doc

I love the Encore for Turkey Hunting, Short , Light and a joy to carry. I have two Encore Receivers and have the 22 Hornet Barrel on the other at the moment.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice work! Always pays to stick around especially when he didn't get spooked by something you did. Congrats!

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I have been on this Gobbler 4 or 5 times in the last couple of weeks and he has Gobbled to me, but he has been Hen up every morning until this morning and he woke up by himself with no girlfriends and this is when you can kill them . He came in quick to my cutting and yelps and the hen decoy sealed the deal . I was on another Gobbler two morning before this one and he was Gobbling his butt of about 100 yards from me i could hear a bunch of hens yelping around me also and to my surprise there was a hen roosting in the tree i was sitting against and i didn't have no idea she was there until she flew out putting and he never Gobbled again . I sit there for another 30 min's, but never heard another Turkey call and then a bunch of coyotes starting singing and barking about 300 yards from where i was sitting and i believe they where the reason for the Turkeys getting lockjaw instead of the hen putting. It was just another typical morning in the Turkey Woods, Birds talking to me and me leaving empty handed .

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

...thats the name of the game.

Sounds like you had a par day.

Gotta love it.

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I would like to have a dollar for every time i lost the game and Mr Gobbler made a fool out of me in the last 40 plus years of hunting them. I'm addicted to Spring Gobbler Hunting. The first time i heard a Wild Turkey Gobble on the roost i was hooked for life . Nothing else in the Wild sounds better , the only thing that comes close or equal is the Honking of Geese in the Fall on a cool morning.

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

..you and i are cut closely from the same bolt of tent cloth, brother.

Same experience, altho mine was two hot gobblers vibrating my breast bone from about 25 yards, been addicted ever since and one of the few things that make me think hard about. Love it to my core. Big brilliant birds.

And I love to hunt waterfowl....those geese just worm into your brain until you think youre hearing them all the time. Few sights better than wings set, and feet down. Beautiful

My hunter brother, from another mother.

Sa-lud!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bea---Conglads on the gobbler. I'm hooked on the gobble also. Having an elk bugle at you is still the top in my book. Having an 800lb bull with "red in eye"----looking to open a "can of whoop ass" on you is 2nd to none.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Nice! How long is the barrel? That looks like a sweet rig.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
24 inch's . The length of the Encore overall makes it really easy to maneuver in the woods and one shot is all you are going to get 99% of the time.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 56 invisible), 2,500 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,474
Posts18,471,489
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.