Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I just bought a used Matthews XT with a 5 point Hogg it spot hogg sight. I realize Spot Hogg are quality aluminum sights but not sure how I like this one. It has five fiber optic pin sights which have no lighting source to light them up that I can see. Not like my true glow sights. I found out how to adjust the sight up and down but find adjusting the individual pins kind of complicated. My question is, how does one get the fiber optics to light up on this sight and is this sight really worth the complication involved getting the individual pins to adjust? Not even going to ask about the vertical tilting feature this sight appears to have, I'm afraid to mess with it. LOL. I have always used true glow sights in the past so this Hogg it spot hogg sight is a little different.

Last edited by slideaction; 05/11/14.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Does this sight have the "wrapped" pin guard? The fibers wrapped around the housing with a clear plastic thingy over them? Also if you look on right side of housing (right handed sight) there should be a threaded hole. That's for the light. As for adjusting a spot hogg, they are a little tricky.

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There are two screws for each pin. Loosening one and tightening the other will move individual pin up and down. The single screw you see on each pin is a micro windage adjustment used to get the pin centered on the vertical wire.

Custom Strings/Tuning
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There are two screws under the sight for setting 2nd axis. This ensures the sight level is set correctly. The two screws facing right (right hand sight) at the front of the dovetail are 3rd axis adjustment. That keeps bubble centered when shooting up or down hill

Custom Strings/Tuning
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
The biggest challenge I've found on the Spot Hogg pins is knowing or getting a feel for "how much" to loosen/tighten the pin adjustment screws. A little will go a long way in the up and down movement.

If you can get past the adjustments sighting it in, it will stay set once you have it dialed in.

Having used numerous Tru-Glo sights in the past, the SH is a much better sight and more positive in adjustment than the TG line, IMHO.

If you can post a picture, we can tell you if it's "wrapped" or not. Most of the older "Hogg It" sights are not wrapped, I'm betting you have an early model.

Last edited by AH64guy; 05/12/14.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Greg, I shot him a PM earlier. Hopefully he will respond. I have the instruction manual for the hogg it. Gladly email it to him. The Spot Hogg is a great sight.

Custom Strings/Tuning
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
This one has no wrap around, they are straight fiber optic pins about an inch long and there seems to be no light source to shine on them to light them up as I've seen on other bow sights. When the light hits them they're great and bright, but they're very dark when shooting in shadow areas or late afternoon.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ok. Wrap kits are available. And fairly easy to install

Custom Strings/Tuning
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I've got one of these, new, not mounted, if that is of interest:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/371043702682?item=371043702682&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Yes, I have a six point True-glo on a Matthews Helim. But this Hogg it is a sight of a different color. I'd like to keep it just would like to learn how to adjust it and have sight pins that actually glow in dark shadows. I don't ask for much. LOL

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Give me your email. I'll email you the instruction guide. It's pretty thorough

Custom Strings/Tuning

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

249 members (2ndwind, 10Glocks, 69sportfury, 673, 1badf350, 29aholic, 40 invisible), 1,660 guests, and 1,071 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,976
Posts18,519,847
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.