-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

They wear camo and bandoleers to Wal mart.

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Tactical nukes are normally small , low yield nuclear weapons . larger yield weapons are also deployed tactically . IE air burst so as to produce EMP so as to disrupt communications while at the same time leaving infrastructure or a surface detonation to eliminate and decapacetate large numbers of personnel and equipment on the battle field . However that type of weapon and tactic is large scale theater wide tactics where as the smaller tactical nuke was designed to be deployed at a lower level .

Tactical are much smaller both in size and yield . So vs. a kiloton or megaton war heads that are fitted to a ballistic missile , your talking about a nuclear weapon that produces an equivalent of a conventional bomb in the 10 to 500lb range . Because of their low yield and size their deployment can be in land mines , or even artillery shells . However they are still nuclear and thus their use and deployment are part of the nuclear arms agreements .
Having an agreement however doesn�t stop them from being made even by signers of those agreements just as the chemical weapons agreements did not stop chemical and biological weapons from being produced and stock piled .
The soviets at one time were said to be producing a tactical that was small enough to by deployed in RPG�s . if that ever happened or not , I don�t know . But I do know that we had tactical that were to be deployed in land mines and artillery shells .

No they are not whats call dirty bombs . A dirty bomb is a conventional explosive with some type of radio active component that when detonated creates a low contaminant like an Alpha partial contaminate. In other words it produces burns and if ingested death

Im sure if one looked up tactical nuke or nuclear weapons on the net , you would get a far deeper explanation

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know what tactical nukes are. I'm wondering about the ones that will be used against us here in an EMP attack by a "rogue" country.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Older tactical nukes had a yield from .5kt-1.5kt. All long withdrawn from service by the US.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We're getting closer..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
.1 to 15 actually.
SADM and MADM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
MADM,flip the switch inside.

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Set the yield

Rapid dissasembly.then
BWF and then
MCMC

wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You wuz in an ADM Platoon. It shows.

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
DS/GS electronics for 23? Battalions
MADM
SADM
8"
Lance
Nike Hercules
Pershing
HonestJohn
Never covered Seargent in the field.

Then to depot.

Back when the world was young.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My lil brother met guys that jumped a SADM.

Real pain.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I have just toughed off one 45 ACP in the forhead but, surprisingly,.....

Conduct is the best proof of character.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Originally Posted by johnw
Captchee,

Sometimes I act like an ass when there's no reason for it. My response to your earlier posts are an example.
Sorry...

ha , no issue

Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
I know what tactical nukes are. I'm wondering about the ones that will be used against us here in an EMP attack by a "rogue" country.

why would y use them in an EMP attack ? If there is the capability to produce EMP at the level suggested in the article, don�t you think that whom ever would also have the capability to just let the thing drop on down to the ground ? They wouldn�t need tactical unless then planned a theater level exchange of armies on the ground .
what i said was if you fear an EMP attack you should be more worried about a tactical nuke . In which case why would they not use them considering they had already dropped a high yield warhead
IMO the likelihood of one actually being deployed by places like NK or groups like Islamic terrorists , is far more likely and far more likely to succeed
See that�s the problem right now . The groups who are most likely to use a nuclear weapon don�t have the ability to deliver it or in most cases build it .
So if you cant deliver it by missile, what are you then going to do ???
Well how about us a small enough one that can deliver and achieve the goal of making the public piss themselves over a nuclear weapon being detonated.
doesnt mart if it was as small as a frog fart . the mear discription of nucular detoantion is enough

yes you should believe that Evil twin just as are and were our chemical and bio weapons stockpiles . One would sure think that with the current political reputation in this country that most would realize that 99% of what the government tells us , is BS . The 1% that isn�t , is only true because its been replaced with something else that�s capable of doing the same job more efficiently

Do you really think china with all they have handed over to NK, just happened to leave out the plans for the little guys. Seriously I can hear it ; ohhhh you don�t need those , we destroyed them long ago no real need .
More then likly they handed the info over with little more thought then tossing a wadded up paper in the round file .

How about Russia with Iran . Hell with the fall of the WP, its reported that Russia doesn�t even know where or what happened to a lot of their weapons to being with .

To think that our government or any other for that mater simply destroys weaponry without first replacing it with something else , come on your smarter then that

Last edited by captchee; 05/16/14.

[Linked Image]
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

193 members (2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 45_100, 33 invisible), 2,232 guests, and 1,091 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,702
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.