Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
I'm looking for a line on an affordable fly in, Canadian fishing trip. A 25 tear tradition of fishing ended last year after a bad experience. My Uncle has expressed interest in a Fly in fishing trip to Canada and after surfing the web I was in a state of sticker shock. That flight really gets you. I'm looking for advice from members here on quality outfits that specialize in this kind of thing.

A little back ground could lead to other suggestions from the forum.

We all have top notch gear, enjoy camping, and have hunted Idaho's Selway on our own for Elk a few times from tents. It takes very little for us to drive across country for a little adventure.

That being said if we could drive to a very secluded lake and fish till our arms fell off, well that might fit the bill at a lower cost. But I feel like there may be no way to get that same feeling with out the flight to a remote lake with the possibility of being stuck there if something goes astray. You know what I mean, Right?

Any help, advice, or pointers would be great.

Thanks all Camo

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Don't know what part of Canada you are looking at but I can recommend True North Outfitters. They're on my lake in NW Ontario and have been in business for years. Chuck's dad owned a resort on the lake before him, so they have a long history in the area. If you can get a party of 4 to go, the fly in rates become somewhat more reasonable.

True North Outfitters

If you wanted something very inexpensive and can bring your own boats, you can drive to Clearwater lake and launch at the store. From there it is about seven miles by boat to a mechanical portage into Pipestone lake. There are no roads to Pipestone and very few cabins on the lake. Pipestone has good walleye and lake trout fishing along with trophy muskies. The operator of the mechanical portage has a cabin he rents on Pipestone for $100 a night. This would be a totally do it yourself fishing adventure on a very large lake that is close to a wilderness setting. If interested I can put you in touch with the cabin owner, just let me know. If you have ATV's and want total wilderness, I can get you on a lake that is about an hour by atv that has no cabins and only and atv trail to the lake. There is a boat and motor you can rent on the lake for $50 a day. I'm at my place in Ontario most of the summer and for a couple of beers I might even show you a few spots to fish.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I've always wanted to fly into Quetico and paddle out. IIRC, they can carry four pax and two canoes in a Beaver, but they can't fly you and the canoes together.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I've never been on a fly in trip. All lakes are assessable in winter, so the notion of fishing a lake only the fly in folks fish is not the case.

I like the little lakes that require a sky hook to put a boat in, but I'm keeping "my" lakes to myself.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I am fortunate that a friend has a cabin on a lake in SK that is accessible only by float-plane or if you are up to canoeing across 5 different lakes with 4 portages.

I can't remember off-hand the plane costs. I have flown in in a 185, a beaver and a turbine otter. Seems like it usually costs me around $500 for my share of the flight in and out. In our situation, then I don't have any other expense except supplies, fuel, propane etc.

You could always get a couple canoes and portage into some inaccessible lakes. There are thousands of them in northern SK and elsewhere.

Montana MOFO
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 61 invisible), 2,300 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,706
Posts18,494,396
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.