Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Trails behind dem airyliners I think.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mule1
Excuse my ingnerts please but what is "strata"?

yuppie name for breakfast casserole. No real recipe, but when I make on in camp, it will have two dozen eggs, a couple of par boiled 'taters, cut into slices or chunks, pound of Cheddar cheese, pound or so of pork sausage, maybe a pound of bacon, precooked and crumbled.
Cook the sausage in the DO, add the 'taters, cook a bit, then pour in the eggs, add the bacon, cover and cook until set.
This one, along with the bucket of cheese grits, was featured on a recent camp out on the Kissimmee River.
[Linked Image]

Sam......

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Drooling. Think I had a heart murmur just looking at the pic.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by calikooknic
Doesn't sound like bbq chicken Mule, but just throw down a layer of onions, chicken, and top with your favorite bottled sauce and sit back and wait. Bet some smoked sausage on the bottom layer would be good eating too.

Ding, ding, ding. From one that grew quite similar quite nearby.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
mule1 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by mule1
Excuse my ingnerts please but what is "strata"?

yuppie name for breakfast casserole. No real recipe, but when I make on in camp, it will have two dozen eggs, a couple of par boiled 'taters, cut into slices or chunks, pound of Cheddar cheese, pound or so of pork sausage, maybe a pound of bacon, precooked and crumbled.
Cook the sausage in the DO, add the 'taters, cook a bit, then pour in the eggs, add the bacon, cover and cook until set.

This one, along with the bucket of cheese grits, was featured on a recent camp out on the Kissimmee River.
[Linked Image]

Thanks Sam! That looks great !

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The egg potato, meat dish looks good but I would skip the grits. sick

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Must be a yankee! laugh

Sam......

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Actually I just have standards and have access to a ton of great and good foods and even sme mediocre foods that get to eat so I dont have to settle for some depression mush just to fill the hole because I cant find better options. With all the available options I cant imagine saying no to some great food just to choke down ground up corn. We feed that to chickens but if you dont have access to better food options, then eat up the livestock feed if its all you have. I dont have such limited horizons that I have to settle for something to eat.

If I wanted to eat Blah/bland paste that has to be doctored with all manner of amendments to make it palatable I will just as soon eat potatoes or rice. I will say though that both grits and refried beans are the easiest foods for the body to digest because they both start as sh*t to begin with so they pass through the system with ease. grin

Last edited by DIYguy; 05/23/14.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DIYguy
Actually I just have standards and have access to a ton of great and good foods and even sme mediocre foods that get to eat so I dont have to settle for some depression mush just to fill the hole because I cant find better options. With all the available options I cant imagine saying no to some great food just to choke down ground up corn. We feed that to chickens but if you dont have access to better food options, then eat up the livestock feed if its all you have. I dont have such limited horizons that I have to settle for something to eat.

If I wanted to eat Blah/bland paste that has to be doctored with all manner of amendments to make it palatable I will just as soon eat potatoes or rice. I will say though that both grits and refried beans are the easiest foods for the body to digest because they both start as sh*t to begin with so they pass through the system with ease. grin

Damn, your stupid or just ignorant. Best foods in the world do not come from the Kings castle, but the house of the peasants that toil on the grounds. crazy

Sean
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Empty platitudes, lacking substance aside, your comment is without logic. Grits are of southern native American origin not of �Castle dwelling� Kings over seas. I stand by my comments 100%. Having grown up on a dirt and dairy farm I know enough to be able to spot good food and livestock feed like grits.

Also, you will struggle (and then fail as you have already proven) to present a valid argument in which you can link a person�s dislike for a food with their IQ. IQ and food preference are mutually exclusive. I fear you are simply trying too hard for lack of a valid premise.

So I will be dismissing your entire argument out of hand.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What a pompous ass!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
dont be so harsh with calikooknic. Im sure he means well but I dont think pompus is the right term for him even though he reached for for the royalty comments.

I do however think mannlicker hit it out of the park with the other dish he made in the D.O. That one sounds and looks fantastic. Ive been a D.O. users for about 20 years and like his egg dish.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
What a pompous ass!

That sums up his reply pretty well. For a guy that post he likes some banter and doesn't take all this too serious, he took it pretty literal.

Diy dude. You are making way more out of the comment than I was. If chicken feed is "below" you, you just don't get it.

Sean
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by calikooknic
If chicken feed is "below" you, you just don't get it.

That was my point. Then you hoped to somehow link it to "kings" LOL All I did was speak honestly about me opinion of grits. That what get to do here, speak honestly and openly about our opinions on things. Dont let it upset you so. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You still can not connect the dots.

Sean
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

ok I take back the 'yankee' thing. Just a phkking idiot is closer to the mark. laugh

Sam......

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Ive learned over the years that on forums there is a large cross section of folks that lack a very basic skill set (that being the art of conversation and discussion). In the arena of ideas, they have very few arrows in their quiver and are unable to carry on a sound discussion. When they encounter ideas counter to theirs, they lack the ability to present valid opposing ideas so they lash out with personal attacks. Socrates said it best

�When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.�

We see that played out so often on web forum. Grits came up, I mentioned I don�t care for them. What followed was folks unable to string together salient ideas leaving them only slander and name calling. Personally I blame the upbringing and public school system.

Its ok that I don�t like grits and its ok that I share that opinion of grits. Why people (rather than accept or discuss) fall to the most base emotions and attack the messenger is really odd (but not unexpected) Unless you consider that they simply lack the ability to discuss or accept different views.
And that they take interweb forums too seriously.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
maybe you would be happier at another forum then. One where the folks are more sophisticated, and certainly more in need of your do it yourself tips.
You are certainly full of yourself. Reminds me of that old bumper sticker "Jesus loves you. You Mama loves you. Everyone else things your an azzhole"

Sam......

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
That�s exactly what I just described. Personal attacks coupled with poor spelling

" Everyone else THINGS your an azzhole"

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
That�s exactly what I just described. Personal attacks coupled with poor spelling

" Everyone else THINGS your an azzhole"

I have read this thread with interest and it would seem that you invited what you got...and without reason as you were not being attacked in any way.

They were just shooting the breeze and having a good-natured yack.

And the use of "mannlicker" was rude.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

279 members (1_deuce, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 204guy, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 39 invisible), 2,608 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,039
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.