-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,365 of 1,842 1 2 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1841 1842
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We've had a group of cedar wax wings at the koi pond .

I set up one of my tripod deer feeders in my mom and pops yard this winter it was amazing the number of doves that fed under that thing. They are in therye 80s so it gave them something to besides watching Nancy Grace !

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I feed birds year round. I buy suet cakes two dozen at a time and they go thru 6 to 8 a week.I have six out at any one time.
I really enjoy my bird feeding and watching.
I used to have trouble with squirrels raiding my bird feeder when I put bird seed in it. Now I put safflower seed and the squirrels don't go near it.The bnirds like safflower as well as bird seed.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We've had a family of crows nesting in our neighborhood for years. We enjoy seeing and hearing them around. Funny thing is, a flock of turkeys tried to roost in the pine tree the crows nest in every year. Well, the crows were having none of that, so now we have 6 turkeys roosting on my neighbor's roof every night looking longingly at that pine tree. Man, if our neighbors could just get along!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Dave,

We have a couple of humming birds coming already.

Maybe, they bypassed your place !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by j_elky
Campfire friends,

I need a favor from you all. Yesterday we had the funeral for my wife's stepdad, Bob Guidi. He lived a long and very full life. He was a Marine in Korea, receiving two purple hearts. Yes we miss him, but yesterday was filled with many laughs. So, Please raise your glasses in toast to a very good man.

Jeff

Done. I hoisted a glass for your FIL after you posted this but was on my phone so didn't post.

RIP Bob Guidi. May your memory live on in the hearts of those you have touched.

Semper fidelis

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Everyone's heading out for their Memorial Day weekends pretty soon here. Best wishes for a happy Memorial Day to all the Chickenbuckers, and us honorary Chickenbuckers. May we not forget the reason we celebrate this weekend. To all the men and women who answered the call to serve, especially those that are no longer with us, we say "Thank You" and send our best wishes. Here's to the hope that everyone has a great weekend filled with friends, family, and fun.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Nicely put Jeff.

My hummingbirds finally showed up.

Pam and I are taking the day off to prep for the weekend which will involve some travel for a nephew's graduation and a birthday party for Pam's grandmother.

I have to drag the big tape measure around a little this morning out in the yard. We're going to square up the job site stakes for the new shop with the house, so it looks straight from space, lol.

I also might get started re-decking my old car trailer.

Coffee time.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
No big travel plans here. We are going to stick around, do some grilling, some yard work, landscaping, and truck shopping. Probably visit with my parents for a few hours on Monday.

I finally have a weekend where I don't have to work. I'm not sure how this works anymore . grin

Camp is where you make it.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
No plans here either other than obeying orders from high command on planting flowers and shrubs. I see an all day rib smoking in my near future as well along with throwing the baseball around with the boys. I have to get the flag up and make sure my brother has one up too.

We'll take time to remember those who gave all for their country and the freedom we enjoy today. No words can ever repay their sacrifice. May God bless each and every one.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
No plans here either, May rip out some winter killed shrubs.

Have a great holiday weekend everyone and take a minute to remember those that gave all.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
We are sticking close to home as well. I'm getting off work at noon today and bringing my truck in to get a new passenger side mirror put on. Had a little mishap when I was pulling my stuck snowblower tractor out of a snow bank this winter. blush

I also have to get an estimate for some rear end damage that somebody was nice enough to give me in the whalemart parking lot and not leave a note. mad

Tonight our friends and neighbors have a grad party for their daughter. Live band and the works.

Tomorrow me and the boy are going to chase turkeys, although it doesn't look promising. Since the breeding season I have not seen ANY around. I'm not sure if they receeded into thick cover or what but we'll be looking for them.

Happy Memorial Day to all and remember those who served and sacrificed it all for our freedom.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Rooster, don't be surprised if they come running to your calls! Late season can be fantastic!! Remember, they'll be tougher to hear because of the plant and leaf cover. They may not be out strutting as much, and you may find them not as grouped up, but they'll still gobble in the morning. Don't forget to hunt I'm mid day as well.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hope y'all have a good weekend.

I am working Monday-Tuesday, and have movers coming Wednesday, so have a lot of packing to do.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone
Rooster, don't be surprised if they come running to your calls! Late season can be fantastic!! Remember, they'll be tougher to hear because of the plant and leaf cover. They may not be out strutting as much, and you may find them not as grouped up, but they'll still gobble in the morning. Don't forget to hunt I'm mid day as well.

So do you think I should start out in the river bottoms since I have not seen them out in the fields?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
that's what I would do

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Wouldn't hurt. They gotta eat too though. Now they'll start to pick bugs and clover as well as sitting in the corn fields.

If you get one to answer you....sit tight, he's probably coming.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
had some excitement at work today.
a black bear walked by on the sidewalk,between the parked cars in the lot,and into the Eagle Creek reserve. laugh
the Minnesota river valley is probably 1/4 mile north of there.
the police said there have been numerous sightings nearby over the last few weeks.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Cool. Too bad for the bear, somebody will probably shoot him tho. Who the heck calls the cops when they see a bear? Dang city folk.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Was on Kare 11 last night black bear spotted in Savage...

Was heading to Valley Fair, for rides and cotton candy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just put a slap o ribs on the smoker . Anybody else cooking today ?

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
Page 1,365 of 1,842 1 2 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 68 invisible), 2,112 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,903
Posts18,479,360
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.