-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

If it doesn't crap out inside a couple thousand rounds, Bersa may have jus made what a lotta folks wanted the G42 to be though a might heavier... Bersa Polymer Single-Stack 9mm

Last edited by ColdCase1984; 05/19/14.

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A bunch of companies have beat Gaston to the punch, including Springfield, Ruger, S&W, Kel-Tec, Beretta, Sig, etc.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
A bunch of companies have beat Gaston to the punch, including Springfield, Ruger, S&W, Kel-Tec, Beretta, Sig, etc.

You forgot the best of the lot, the Khar.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If it's true to form for Bersa, it will be a quality piece on the cheap. I'm fairly impressed with Bersa, they do a lot of things right.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Those have been out a while and while I've never fired one I have felt a couple. I thought they were muzzle heavy and a little large for a single stack. They are thin and Bersa usually makes good stuff. If I recall the last ones I saw were around $400.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have had a couple of Bersa/Firestorm autos and have been very pleasantly surprised with the quality and accuracy for the price.

When Bersa was first touting this pistol I was very interested and then they seemed to have a delay of a couple of years or more for some customs concerns coming out of Argentina or maybe into USA. Probably were late in their "accomdations" payments to whomever.

I lost interest and moved on to other manuf. and haven't been disappointed. I think they killed their own momentum when the gun rags were running articles on them yet nothing in or coming to a LGS near you.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
my bud had one of the 380's for a while, it was fine just a big gun. I bought a 22LR from them and the trigger would not reset forward. They sent me a new gun but they would not send it to me only to my FFL and it cost me $35 dollars for the FFL to receive it and I had to fill out the ATF paperwork again, never had to do that for smith and wesson, ruger, or anyone else I can think of. I will never buy another Bersa because the importer cost me some grief and money. There are better choices, such as the shield, P938, Ruger SR9, sharp sticks, rocks etc.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ColdCase1984

If it doesn't crap out inside a couple thousand rounds, Bersa may have jus made what a lotta folks wanted the G42 to be though a might heavier... Bersa Polymer Single-Stack 9mm
Agreed. Combines comfort in IWB carry of the 1911 with the lightweight and action type of the Glock. If it's reliable and rugged, it will do very well.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
One thing I really like about it is the raised and contoured area around the mag release to prevent accidentally dumping the magazine under recoil, which is a problem I've had with the Kahr P9, as there is no raised and contoured area around the mag release on the Kahr.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
One thing I really like about it is the raised and contoured area around the mag release to prevent accidentally dumping the magazine under recoil, which is a problem I've had with the Kahr P9, as there is no raised and contoured area around the mag release on the Kahr.

I have had to grind down the mag release buttons on our P3AT and PF-9 pistols for that very reason. And, I traded off a KAHR CW40 to a guy for a mildly wrecked/fixer upper KLR650 motorcycle about 6 years ago for the same problem i.e. magazine dropping after firing exactly ONE round off.

Makes one wonder why so few companies recognize this as a real problem, and fix it BEFORE the guns go out. Now, I have big hands so understand how I could hit a mag release button on some pistols, but the PF-9 is Sherri's (Asphaltangel) and she is quite thin including her fingers and hands and thumb, and her PF-9 was dumping its magazine on HER! some missed engineering opportunities there. Thank the good Lord for the Dremel tool!

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just looked at the link. Might be a well made pistol, and the ergo's look terrific, but I HATE the internal keylock feature! I just replaced the keylock on my 329PD with a plug. Don't plan on owning any pistols with a keylock nor any hammer fired lever guns with a safety other than pulling the hammer to 1/4 cock!

Weight of this pistol in 9mm is 21 ounces. Almost the same as my 329PD 44 Magnum, about 10 ounces more than our PF-9, and TWICE the weight of our P3AT. By todays 9mm standards, I class it as a porker. FWIW, and my views on the topic, If I cannot pocket carry a pistol and have to holster carry, it is going to be a real gun and not going to be a 9mm. Caliber will start with a "4" and it will be something that I can hit with at some distance.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
just be warned they are a pain in the neck if it has to be fixed or replaced.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

471 members (007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 160user, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 39 invisible), 2,234 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,394
Posts18,469,959
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.