Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Here's a link for the secret recipe.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8956769/1

The recipe has eleven secret herbs and spices (so secret that they can't be revealed) and ...

Dehydrated onions
Frank's Red Hot
Miracle Whip

Mmmmm. The only thing missing is a can of Campbells Cream of Schit.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
And horse apples!

[Linked Image]

Sean
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I never thought of that.

Mmmmmm. Apples. Good schit.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
You forgot the corn. Forget is it a half a bucket or just the kernels from a few ears.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Thanks fish and I agree, one thread about those awesome fajitas was not enough. They did rock and are worthy of several threads so thanks for that. But the secret remains safe and you are going to want to go back and re-read (or have somebody read it to you) but despite my best efforts I couldn�t find a use for the Miracle Whip in this meal. So when you struggle this weekend to emulate that meal wondering where the Miracle Whip is used, you should know it wasn�t.

But I am a new fan of Franks hot Sauce. Like MW, I think I will put that $#@* on everything. grin

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
the quality of discourse, as well as the quality of the food presented here, has taken a nose dive since DIY has been participating.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hope Rick sends him down the road.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DIYguy
My posts are generally humorous in nature. I cant be held responsible for bruised egos or knee jerk injuries that result from you reading words on your screen.

Kind of interesting that so many here disagree with your statement. When you came here you were an asset to the forum. Now you're just an ass.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
he only sticks around for the action. Were he on everyone's ignore list, then he would leave.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
My posts are generally humorous in nature. I cant be held responsible for bruised egos or knee jerk injuries that result from you reading words on your screen.

Kind of interesting that so many here disagree with your statement. When you came here you were an asset to the forum. Now you're just an ass.

You're certainly a capable even talented person in the food arena which much to potentially contribute in the future in the food forum but having to have the last word on everything simply gets annoying for most of us.

Many of us here, including myself, have met, hunted, broke bread together and have been personal friends for quite a few years due to meeting here at the 24HCF. A small fraternity so to speak.

One of my campfire friends stopped by our place yesterday to visit on his way to his hunting grounds and spent the night. We had a great talk, did some fishing, grilled some burgers over charcoal, emptied a few bottles of some really tasty beers, went BANG a few times with an assortment of pistols and just plain relaxed. My gun safe has an empty spot in it as well. He's been eyeballing my Pre64 Model 70 257 Roberts for awhile and took it with him early this morning as he headed out.

Bought it on his word and when his check arrives I'm going to convert it into an ongoing project on our property laugh A win, win for both of us.

Hope you are reading between the lines here at what I'm trying to convey.

Have a great day, Sir ! smile

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Thanks Denny. I am reading between the lines and must admit I am a bit conflicted. A while back you sent me a PM asking to have a phone conversation. I obliged and you called. We had a pleasant conversation. After that you sent me several PM�s and you had plenty of harsh and negative comments for some of the same people in the food area that you are portraying as campfire friends. You used insults and other disparaging terms for these folks. You encouraged me to "let them have it" and that you were finding humor in it (Enjoying it is what your PM said). so you will understand my confusion.

I didn�t start this thread to stir trouble and conflict but I will gladly participate with a piece of hickory if that�s how you all roll.

Nothing like a nice piece of hickory for busting silly internet bullies and cliques. grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyjrUAimzZg

Last edited by DIYguy; 06/20/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
After that you sent me several PM�s and you had plenty of harsh and negative comments for some of the same people in the food area that you are portraying as campfire friends. You used insults and other disparaging terms for these folks. You encouraged me to "let them have it" and that you were finding humor in it (Enjoying it is what your PM said). so you will understand my confusion.

Well so much for sending a PM. Guess we should rename them to M. I most certainly encouraged you to let them have it as you said. In the beginning it appeared to be a humorous juvenile tiff on the internet but has since generated into much more to which you genuinely seem to feed off of.

My above post was an attempt on my part to let the dust settle and everyone get back on track.

My bad.It won't happen again.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Yes they did seem to take it too far. (like this thread) And for that I used some hickory. I dont feed off of it but Ive never been one to back away. Backing up has never been in my nature. I tend to treat folks as Im treated. If you want the dust to settle, you might try reaching out to those guys lying in the dirt that think it clever to bite off more than they can chew. grin

And don�t fret, I haven�t shared all your negative comments and slams against certain users here but then you only called me an ass once. wink

I can be a live and let live guy but always give back better than I get. Thats how I roll.

Last edited by DIYguy; 06/20/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
he only sticks around for the action. Were he on everyone's ignore list, then he would leave.

He just went on ignore. I attempted to calm the waters for all of us but to no avail.

My bad. It won't happen again. frown

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I think that will be for the best. Spread the word. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I put someone on ignore they really are on ignore as I'm not a peeker.

Suspect he responded to my post to Sam but I wouldn't know.

If I'm wrong I apologize but if I'm right I hope you guys pick on him every chance you get.

He had a lot to offer when he arrived here with his food skills and I put myself down on his buddies list.

Wish I could remove my name now

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
284LUVR,

Now I get it.

Mannlicher is right, ignore is the best way, and I am about to join the ranks.

I wonder if John (Ron's Father) knows he raised such a POS....

Lynn

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
When I put someone on ignore they really are on ignore as I'm not a peeker.

Suspect he responded to my post to Sam but I wouldn't know.

If I'm wrong I apologize but if I'm right I hope you guys pick on him every chance you get.

He had a lot to offer when he arrived here with his food skills and I put myself down on his buddies list.

Wish I could remove my name now

You can just go to his profile and remove yourself.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
284LUVR,

For what it is worth, I thought you were a pretty cool guy.

Lynn

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
This site offers an ignore feature. I would encourage use of it. You pretend you want me to go away and that you don�t want to read what I have to say but you have always had the ability to make that happen even if you cant bring yourself to actually take action. Im begging you. If only for your own well being. You have the power, you always have. Do you have the capacity to actually do it? Im begging you. Click on the profile and then ignore user. Poof! Gone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

501 members (257Bob, 257Ackley, 1beaver_shooter, 22kHornet, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 3,326 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,699
Posts18,534,626
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.